What's new

Outdoor Growing Tips

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Vag I think most important aspect of outdoor growing here is genetics, I have seen so many people myself included put time and money into growing things that don't finnish or mould.

Unless you work at night a good reason for being in the bush is also important even if your growing on friends land, you never know when you will run into someone.

A water source that won't dry up over the summer is key.. so is full sun the more sun you get the bigger your plants.. I could go on..

Most important points u make gmango...first the genetics for the area/climate are all important & #1 place to start . But Vag being from Canada has plenty of N Latitude strains right at his door . More is being discussed over here on the NorCal Cuts Thread & hopefully this thread will bear more fruit as suggestions come in ...you can see the wheels are already turning :biglaugh:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4138369#post4138369

Raised beds/boxes would definitely prefer when possible & in an ideal world just bring in a trench digger and/or backhoe to do the job in a day what would take 4guys a week . A trench or bed gives that great amount of root space to grow big & the healthiest babes . Tons of soil/media to fill but when the results are in , the yields will be tremendous ...but think you'll have alot of access to used hydroton at least , from a friend's Dispensary collective , won't u Vag ? ;)

Free hydroton , that would certainly not hurt the aeration of the mix ...

peace !

mrose

anyone want to recommend some foliar spray links or sites?

* Tonto --> Foliar & feeding in teas a great thing & the easiest things to make & add for hardiness, flavor & adding mold resisitance . In da morning b4 the sunshine comes ...& add fulvic acid , mui gusto.

So check the Organics threads here Tonto or could just go with Bountea.com
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3835764&highlight=hydroslate#post3835764

bountea
http://www.bountea.com/

And Edit: forgot the Tea Article Thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4142055#post4142055

T

tonto

* Tonto --> Foliar & feeding in teas a great thing & the easiest things to make & add for hardiness, flavor & adding mold resisitance . In da morning b4 the sunshine comes ...& add fulvic acid , mui gusto.

So check the Organics threads here Tonto or could just go with Bountea.com
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3835764&highlight=hydroslate#post3835764

bountea
http://www.bountea.com/

:thank you:

Im gonna grow some shit from Breeder Brads camp.

last couple of days i was wondering where i had seen bb , just clicked now:eek:: lmao

krk

Im gonna grow some shit from Breeder Brads camp.

:dance013:This one is a daily driver for me...

attachment.php

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The people who's land im growing on also have a huge garage. I'm gonna put a 50 gallon rez outside of it to catch rain water. I'm gonna get a Lil Giant pump and run a mega long hose right to the plants. Feed them shits from a pump.

Fuck all that hauling water shit.

I'm SOOOOO stoked.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was an equestrian, i'd just ride the horses around chasing dear away and watering the plants.

:shooty:

Fuzzball

Are you doing seeds or clones or both?, im sure most will agree in getting your plants well established,like fully rooted in 1 gallons or bigger before putting them OD & becarefull of burning your plant with the sun, a couple of days of diffused sun light works best for me

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you doing seeds or clones or both?, im sure most will agree in getting your plants well established,like fully rooted in 1 gallons or bigger before putting them OD & becarefull of burning your plant with the sun, a couple of days of diffused sun light works best for me

Im gonna pop em in a tent, grow em about 15 inches and then send em out in to the sun.

amrad

containers suck, they are noticeable, overheat and dry out real fast. Buy a roll of roofing felt, cut the width in half, dig holes three feet by two deep, line with roofing paper. Leave bottom open if your in an area you can water. If not you shouldnt be growing there anyway.
Dont carry soil in unless your only growing less than ten plants, carry in soil amenders like peatmoss or coco fiber. Use the recipe for organic homemade fertilizer from this page; http://www.motherearthnews.com/Orga...01/A-Better-Way-to-Fertilize-Your-Garden.aspx And plant Timewarp or crosses. Success no problem. Just my opinion, ha ha

Sideways

Hey vag- check out the' growing large plants' thread in tom hills forum. It has, in my opinion, the most information on outdoor growing on the entire site. Check it out.
My two cents-
Start plants early under lights, put out mid/end of May. Try a couple of different varieties- if one does not pan out, ya still got the other.
Till and amend the soil, chicken manure, good mixed soil - I always mix with the natural soil- fox farms, black gold etc. Add mycorhizae and compost teas = big healthy plants.
Easy on the organic nutes- blood, bone meal if you are worried about critters, it attracts them.
If you can tend the plants, tip them two times before august , also, set up support stakes or netting early because its a pain to do when they are grande.
You might have late season problems with caterpillars eating / causing mold in the buds like I do, Look into getting some spinosad by monterey. Works well. I started a thread in the outdoor forum, check it out.
Plant strategically- hidden from plain view, along tree lines, in the middle of a thicket. No matter how safe you think your grow is there is always someone who might see it/rip it.

Nothing like watching the herb grow outdoors, one of my favorite endeavors. Good Luck!

dmt

Veteran
So, i'm planning my first outdoor grow this year. I'll most likely end up getting Guerilla Gold from BBrad via Seedbay. I hear it's a easy plant to grow and you can expect some decent yields and killer bud.

Anyhoo, I got a few questions.

1) Should I grow in a pot or dig a hole and pour soil into it and plant it? I'm asking cause for some reason I feel like i'd have to water less if they plant was in the ground rather than in a pot. Maybe im completely wrong.

2) Do you OD guys pour anything around your plants to keep animals away or should I use a cage?

3) What about all those insects and stuff chewing away? Do you spray the plants with insecticide?

4) Foliar spraying. Im a HUGE fan of foliar sprays.Can I do that on OD or do I risk mold?

5) What's a good soil recipe? I don't wanna mix nutes every time I go out. I'd rather they get fed when it rains or just plain rain water i'll be catching.

Thanks Maggers.

start in jiffy cups then just plant in the ground: dig holes for a mix of 45% "the answer" 45% "sea soil" 10% vermiculite, and a tsp or 2 of polymer crystals add 2 tbpsn of turkey tort once plants are estabilshed outdoors and once flowers start showing. i like hashplants outdoors. hybdrids will bend to the seasons, ive seen 2 differnt plants grown from the same mom 2 different years. landrace tend to just show variance within their genetic potential. hybrids may swing unfavourably subject to conditions. i love outdoor dank grown proper. nothin beats the taste and smells from a good year, d

dmt

Veteran
they sell green chainlink in rolls, utilize them as supports and protection from unwanted pests.you should watch the brown dirt warrior vid too, d

growshopfrank

Veteran
stihl bt-45 gas drill, 5" power planter auger,aquazorb, time release ferts and chicken wire cages for the first month to keep skunks and raccoons at bay.

G

Guest 150314

Is this a legal grow vag? If not I wouldn't run a hose from house to plants for a few reasons. You could easily stash and camo that 50 gal rez in the bush near your plants and run drip or a soaker hose on a timer from the rez to the plants.

Growing in someones backyard close to the house is way easier than in the bush, you should do fine if you have good genes and good sun.

Buddler

Veteran
Sweet. Thanks guys.

Where can I get Timewarp genetics?
Hi Vp I'm new here ,you can get timewarp seeds from bc bud depot or some burmese from VISB they have excellent climatized out door varieties .Time warp is awesome grows huge. my buddy grew some cross from Hornby isle got huge 6 oz per plant in three gall pot.Checkout VISB on line awesome genetics for coastal BC .Buddler :wave:

G

Guest 150314

VISC burmese and crosses are great but won't finnish OD here, I grew them outside on lasqueti and they didn't start flowering till sept. They were really big and great smells almost 8 ft tall in a 5 gal pot.

I did pretty well last year with this new clone NPI, I think its nepali grizzly or N5 which is coastal acclimatized NL5 x interior purple ... they don't yield much like a few zips per plant but done early sept and looks like indoor.

Polecat is nice to if you can find it, done end of sept and really nice frosty indoor looking product if done proper .. it's a sweet and noxious smelling skunk ... like sweet puke on the plant and trimming but cures up to a nicer flavour.