What's new

Outdoor Growing Tips

obey

VISC burmese and crosses are great but won't finnish OD here, I grew them outside on lasqueti and they didn't start flowering till sept. They were really big and great smells almost 8 ft tall in a 5 gal pot.

I did pretty well last year with this new clone NPI, I think its nepali grizzly or N5 which is coastal acclimatized NL5 x interior purple ... they don't yield much like a few zips per plant but done early sept and looks like indoor.

Polecat is nice to if you can find it, done end of sept and really nice frosty indoor looking product if done proper .. it's a sweet and noxious smelling skunk ... like sweet puke on the plant and trimming but cures up to a nicer flavour.

How popular is the Polecat as oppose to seawarp/pinewarp/timewarp clones on VI?

G

Guest 150314

You don't see as much of it because it doesn't yield as heavy and isn't nearly as mould resistant as pinewarp/berry. I got it from denman island, I heard a french guy brought it to lasqueti? I believe most of it gets sold at indoor prices or kept for personal smoke. On the islands it was usually the first stuff sold out or people would keep it and throw in a pound/half pound here and there as incentive for people who were buying bigger packs of herbs.

You don't really see much real timewarp here either mostly purple pine,sea/cwarp,pinewarp and recently some prince george aka PG all of it's crap big bud outdoor ferty stuff.

The funny/sad thing is buyers just know these 4 or 5 popular clone and lowball the shit out of people because there is so much pineberry/pinewarp in the fall, if you grow outdoor from seed or something less known you can get indoor prices. Early blueberry and tarped LUI were getting 2k+ per pound.

The real polecat is easy to identify, it branches like a mofo .. didn't top these at all they just grow that way
DSC_0285.jpg

Polecat at 5 or 6 weeks
DSC_0002.jpg

G

Guest 150314

I have heard good things but no clue, I think I heard that it's mighty mite x early gold so not a big yielder but could be nice smoke.

B

Brad

GG is great early smoke for sure..this generation is not to bad on yeild..2-4oz per more if you are a pro:tiphat: from BC to Poland she gets around
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Afghanada

Second burm being no good outdoors... also green N5 sounds a lot like a purple lightning (nl#5 x Purple indica) and I wouldent be surprised if it was, purple lightning finishes in sept and it produces some nice stuff but its a bit of a heavy buzz.. guess it takes after the Nl#5 all in all its too bad bc seeds is not around for this winner.. and I agree fully with ye dmt the HP is awesome out its just as fast as the early strains without the rudy....

G

Guest 150314

Thanks for the info I don't think it was NL5 x PI but the pots were labeled NPI grizz so maybe it was purple lightening x grizzly. It was really heavy buzz and small dense indica plants some were auto and only yielded a ounce or so.

When you talk about HP do you mean the BC HP clone that was really popular indoor or just plants from hash producing regions? Most indicas don't really work where I grow unless they are done in august they just get so mouldy no matter what.

Has anyone tried making a pure rudi x pure sativa?

excuse the mildew
IMG_2758.jpg

Afghanada

yeah sorry HP is a broad term but if its 6 weeks or so it should work OD while they do experience mold at times I guess its the season like most gear, they can finish well even with the rain on the island but it would vary with how the fall weather was, Heritage made a dec af-pak and its been in south b.c for quite sometime finishes mid september usually befor the serious mold, it can really make people reconsider the quality of outside That NPI looks very familar to purple lightning not very leafy, really resinous, and very orange pistils, it had a real heavy buzz real sleep time stuff where ya had to smoke another after 40 min to pick yourself off the floor, whatever it is looks like a winner

G

Guest 150314

Thanks again for the info I will give the HP a go sometime outside, 6 weeks though? nothing is properly ready at 6 weeks in my books not even HP it may look ready but if you let it go it swells and swells.. that's the problem with BC so much early cut or not properly flushed garbage. I flush my outdoor plants in holes for 2-3 weeks! If I fed with 20-20-20 osmocote the whole time they are alive maybe I'd have better luck getting things to finnish up on time.

Afghanada

yeah I will agree with you 6 weeks is not the ideal time, the extra week or 2 then suggested always produces nicer buds but outside cant always leave it longer and it is still be quite good early

bigbag

Veteran
had mmsc's version of HP finish up in the end of Aug, so i'm thinkin' was a HP x mighty mite. nice single pole plants, 1 main cola with a few baby arms

whodair

Veteran
i dig a hole in the ground and plant them... put some fence around them and split !! this is upstate ny, warm humid summer with a cool damp fall...the grow in my sig link homie

picture.php

Buddler

Veteran
Hi BC boyz i was just surfing around the site here and low and behold a thread from Brown Dirt Warrior, any how he claims to have his O/D seeds coming up twenty yrs in the breeding of coastal BC O/D climatized genetics .Well wouldnt that be awesome ,any how thought i'd throw that in here..:) Buddler

G

Guest 150314

Has anyone grown the kootenay jumbo grizzly or white grizzly? I found a place has bulk 50 packs on sale right now for about $200 my friend was thinking of grabbing a pack of each but wanted to ask around first if anyone knew anything about these?

Also on the hunt for 25+ gal pots/grow bags none of the stores on the island have anything bigger than 10 gal it seems?

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Hmmm, large capacity pot ideas...

Most hardware/dept. stores carry those 20 gal rope-handled tubs, drill some holes, and presto, a 20 gal. pot.

They come in all colours, but the OD green and black go fast...you must have seen them somewhere. Bags - IDK. Or possibly a garbage can? They come in mostly black and green, and are plenty big as well.

Just some ideas... :rasta:

Peace

G

Guest 150314

Thanks they need to be growbags or pots, those rubbermaid totes/tubs are to expensive to buy in large quantity. Cheapest I can find them is 5 or 6 bucks a pop which is to much I can get bulk 5 gal pots or grow bags for around 25 cents.

Buddler

Veteran
GM i guess you wont be moving 25 gall pots around too much ? what bout wally world ruberrmaid totes green one ten bucks a piece. we used to use double up heavy duty garbage bags long as you dont have to move them... B

G

Guest 150314

I won't be moving them at all but I am sick of growing in holes I never get a good burn on my outdoor buds in holes even with a 2 week flush. I also can't dig holes at some of these spots in the 4-5 foot trees the ground is to full of roots/rocks. I used contractor bags before but they are deeper than they are wide, I need the growbags/pots/smart pots because they have mucho surface area and don't fall over in the wind/weight of big plants.