What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Origins of the Virus

Veggia farmer

i think people just want this to be over and they think the vax is the solution. they assume that once it's over, everything will go back to normal, so pain now will pay off in the long run. i on the other hand remember how things never went back to normal when it comes to privacy and travel after 911. what makes people so sure this time? better not let them go too far with abridging human rights imo.

Well, I guess I was high and stupid also as a younger person. Because whats happening today seems very alike some of the situations that have been predicted by "some" other idiots too. So yeah, Im still stupid and dont think anyone will let "it" go back to "normal". Just like the airports. Controll is God, right? I also trust people with way more money than me, cause they are the good guys. I learned that in school, so it must be true! Klaus Schwab says its never the plan to go back to normal. For one time the "idiots" like me and the filthy rich talkes the same language. Talk about surreal, and no shrooms today. Hmm.....

But yeah, I have all my understanding to people who want to believe society can/will go back to normal after we inject "everyone" and give everyone a vaxpass. Who doesnt want to go out and grab some beers as bizznizz as usual? Or pizza and bowling for that matter... Or take the kids to some fun stuff... Damn Im hungry for life... Lust for life..:whee:

Peace, love and understanding folks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Now that is a terrifying thought !
Bastians indeed, but of what ?

lots of shit. it is definitely a mixed bag to be sure. Chumps picks have not yet proved to be what he hoped, thank God! and Chief Justice Roberts is not the right-wing anchor they had hoped. you normally don't get that far as a judge being an obnoxious prick with a visible political agenda. overturning long-standing precedent riles up the populace too...(AND Congress) there are good reasons why damn near all nominees to the court refuse to hint at what they will do on the bench.

Gry

Veteran
Well, I guess I was high and stupid also as a younger person. Because whats happening today seems very alike some of the situations that have been predicted by "some" other idiots too. So yeah, Im still stupid and dont think anyone will let "it" go back to "normal". Just like the airports. Controll is God, right? I also trust people with way more money than me, cause they are the good guys. I learned that in school, so it must be true! Klaus Schwab says its never the plan to go back to normal. For one time the "idiots" like me and the filthy rich talkes the same language. Talk about surreal, and no shrooms today. Hmm.....

But yeah, I have all my understanding to people who want to believe society can/will go back to normal after we inject "everyone" and give everyone a vaxpass. Who doesnt want to go out and grab some beers as bizznizz as usual? Or pizza and bowling for that matter... Or take the kids to some fun stuff... Damn Im hungry for life... Lust for life..:whee:

Peace, love and understanding folks

Loved your perspective, how did the heroin dealers do it ? First ounce is free, the second one, well, lets just say nothing stays the same for long. Expect big pharma will put them to shame.
Wonder how much they will change for the booster shots next year.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the Supreme Court.

thats interesting, what makes you think they will save 1 right above another? they didnt save your right to freedom of assembly when it was abolished due to covid. they didnt protect your 4th amendment right to privacy after 911, when it was abolished. in fact didnt they just declare a domestic war on terror, those wars always end so well for human rights after all.

Gry

Veteran
thats interesting, what makes you think they will save 1 right above another? they didnt save your right to freedom of assembly when it was abolished due to covid. they didnt protect your 4th amendment right to privacy after 911, when it was abolished. in fact didnt they just declare a domestic war on terror, those wars always end so well for human rights after all.

Public health laws here are a local issue.
I have had the opportunity to attend a couple of hearings.
From my perspective it looked a lot like a judge explaining to someone
who was ill, and very nervous that they could have one of several
choices, which would include staying at home.
If they lived in a very full household, the county would offer them
the use of a decent hotel room, complete with food, and all costs covered.
The county covers any other expenses so that no one gets
evicted as a result of being quarantined on an individual basis.
It is a rough situation any time a quarantine is called for, but it looked
to me like the county did all they could to make things as decent as
possible for those involved.

mowood3479

Veteran
Loved your perspective, how did the heroin dealers do it ? First ounce is free, the second one, well, lets just say nothing stays the same for long. Expect big pharma will put them to shame.
Wonder how much they will change for the booster shots next year.

they ain’t gonna be on the cuff

mowood3479

Veteran
i wonder if you considered that if human rights can be taken away for public health reasons, whats to stop them declaring guns a public health crisis and taking away you right to have a gun?

After this year, I no longer believe my kids will be legally allowed to own guns...
that’s okay tho...
wherever there is a prohibition there is a black market and opportunity.
I try to look on the bright side ya know

armedoldhippy

Veteran

right of assembly is a temporary deal, and you know it. nice hyperbole though. "abolished" lol... the 4th has not been recently cut down, it has been dying a death of a thousand cuts for decades. (still hoping for a come-back on that. not all is lost. not all federal judges buy into killing it. ) domestic terror? they should have been looking at right-wing nutjobs for years.

St. Phatty

Speaking of Constitutional rights ... seems like the 1st and 2nd Amendments are related.

Historically, the right to speak has been associated with, the group of people who most effectively wielded their firearms.

I have a feeling that the rash of mass shootings, that flared up for about 2 years during Trump, then laid low during Covid19, and has now re-started ...

well there's this headline about the cop shooting the 13 year old who was un-armed ... and the headline about the 19 year old kid shooting at Fed Ex employees.

Seems like they might be connected ... both these incidents happened in the USA and maybe the USA has both the excess police violence AND the mass shootings by citizens.

Seems like they might be connected ... oh I already said that.

Gry

Veteran
right of assembly is a temporary deal, and you know it. nice hyperbole though. "abolished" lol... the 4th has not been recently cut down, it has been dying a death of a thousand cuts for decades. (still hoping for a come-back on that. not all is lost. not all federal judges buy into killing it. ) domestic terror? they should have been looking at right-wing nutjobs for years.

Well and clearly stated.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

talking to you is strange, you bring all the collectivist arguments to the fore front when arguing for covid restrictions etc, but you claim to believe in individual rights. and yes, when it comes to your pet weapons you will stand tall. but it seems to me accepting that the government can even temporarily take away your rights, means that those rights are no longer right, you have let them become privileges to be bestowed by government in the name of the collective good. so you should just cop to it, you are a collectivist, you are happy to be tracked and traced and let the government decide which human rights apply and when they will let you have them or not.

people wouldn't need the government to tell them what to do if this was a real plague, everyone would be doing it out of self preservation. when the government has to enforce that stuff you know its being exaggerated. as i said before, how the fuck can you talk about a global pandemic when the planets population hasn't decreased by even 1% since it started. this is a first in the history of plagues.

you people want to stop living so that you will not die! its insane. live your fucking life now, you only have 1 and there is no over time for the years you put your life on hold. you might fucking be dead tomorrow and you will have wasted your last year living in abject fear. fear to even touch things, fear to get close to another human. fear to go outside in the sun and air, lmao, great work.

mowood3479

Veteran

so ur willing to see American citizens hunted down and held without charges or trial in gitmo as long as they have a dangerous idealogy.

im glad that’s not a sLiPpErEy sLoPe

Amynamous

We’ve been signing away our “right to privacy” every time we sign a friggen User Agreement for decades. Personally, i am much more afraid of big business mishandling/misusing my “right to privacy” than my government.

mowood3479

Veteran
We’ve been signing away our “right to privacy” every time we sign a friggen User Agreement for decades. Personally, i am much more afraid of big business mishandling/misusing my “right to privacy” than my government.

u should be far more afraid of the govt.
they are the ones with a legal monopoly on violence.
They are the ones that will kill you or put you in a cage for decades sans trial,
I never heard of Walmart doing no shit like that

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah the war on terror only tortured guilty people, the war on terror only drone killed the guilty, all those woman and children were terrorists. all those guys sitting without charges in gitmo are terrorists. some people are so dumb. think for a second, actually think about what you are posting. being pro war on terror on a pot sites is like being pro war on drugs but worse. if the international war on terror was used to strip your rights and officially allow torture and extra judicial assassination, what makes you think a domestic war on terror is a good idea, please pray tell.

if someone breaks the law, go after him, you don't need army, airforce, drones etc to go after law breakers of any stripe. this will be abused to go after political enemies ffs, history has shown it time and again.

i wouldn't care, but my country always copies you guys for some unknown reason so when you go bat shit insane over there it hurts us here too.

announcing a war on your own population isn't supportive of individual rights btw. im shocked anyone could support such a thing, you are advocating all the tools of the war on terror being set lose on your own citizens!?

the same people whow scream about police brutality, now want to start a war on their fellow citizens using, fbi, cia, nsa, homeland security, drones, the military, air force and army on your own nation. how many innocent people will get swept up i wonder? how many will die?

also you unthinking supporters of this, what happens when the reps get back in power? once you give government that amount of power it never gives it back and before you know it its being used against you instead of those bad tramp supporters you want to put in re education camps, or worse, for their own good.

Last edited:

mowood3479

Veteran
yeah the war on terror only tortured guilty people, the war on terror only drone killed the guilty, all those woman and children were terrorists. all those guys sitting without charges in gitmo are terrorists. some people are so dumb. think for a second, actually think about what you are posting. being pro war on terror on a pot sites is like being pro war on drugs but worse. if the international war on terror was used to strip your rights and officially allow torture and extra judicial assassination, what makes you think a domestic war on terror is a good idea, please pray tell.

if someone breaks the law, go after him, you don't need army, airforce, drones etc to go after law breakers of any stripe. this will be abused to go after political enemies ffs, history has shown it time and again.

i wouldn't care, but my country always copies you guys for some unknown reason so when you go bat shit insane over there it hurts us here too.

announcing a war on your own population isn't supportive of individual rights btw. im shocked anyone could support such a thing, you are advocating all the tools of the war on terror being set lose on your own citizens!?

the same people whow scream about police brutality, now want to start a war on their fellow citizens using, fbi, cia, nsa, homeland security, drones, the military, air force and army on your own nation. how many innocent people will get swept up i wonder? how many will die?

also you unthinking supporters of this, what happens when the reps get back in power? once you give government that amount of power it never gives it back and before you know it its being used against you instead of those bad tramp supporters you want to put in re education camps, or worse, for their own good.

That would be some sweet sweet justice.... seeing the cia change their hit list from right wing extremists to left wing extremists

and btw an extremist in govt speak is anyone who publicly disagrees with the government and isn’t on the govt dole.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
exactly, google the home land security list of what makes a domestic terrorist and realize it means everyone is a potential target. there is a million every day activities that get you on the list ffs. omg i can't believe it i really can't. as if the US police don't have enough power already? you complain they are killing people so you want to make them even more powerful, Jeezus Christ al mighty!

Latest posts

Latest posts