What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Origins of the Virus

Gry

Veteran
How many think we have been told the truth with respect to the origins of the virus?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Foochie paying the chicoms to "gain function". He couldn't do it in American labs, against the law. Sick individual, and the highest paid .guv employee.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
How many think we have been told the truth with respect to the origins of the virus?

i'm pretty sure that one of the various theories on its origin are correct...i don't blindly assume that the govt/health officials are lying to me though, it requires some evidence. normally not hard to find when dealing with govt lackeys...lol.

igrowone

Veteran
I suspect the 'truth' may be forever hidden
what proof would ever suffice to prove the origin of the virus?
an animal source could be argued that it was animals in a laboratory somewhere
I'll go with the simplest explanation, animal source because the covid virus has shown great ease in infecting other beasts than the human variety
the simplest explanation is it's simply no more than that
and there are many examples of disease evolving that way

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I suspect the 'truth' may be forever hidden
what proof would ever suffice to prove the origin of the virus?
an animal source could be argued that it was animals in a laboratory somewhere
I'll go with the simplest explanation, animal source because the covid virus has shown great ease in infecting other beasts than the human variety
the simplest explanation is it's simply no more than that
and there are many examples of disease evolving that way

you are probably right. did not the ebola virus in Africa originate in "bush meat"? that was the last best guess i read about .

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Probably, yes. There are plenty of examples of virusus originating from bats. Not like it hasn't happened before, numerous times.

There's a possibility of origination from a research facility, but no evidence, so to me you have to go with the likely source.

El Timbo

I thought "they" (the who investigators) had said that they didn't know where it came from but were continuing their investigations.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the who boss Tedros said that the investigators had difficulties getting to the raw data, at least 1 of the investigators who went there said the Chinese were not letting them see the raw data. so no i don't think we can say with any certainty where it originated, level 4 bio research facility in wuhan or in some bat cave. or it came from the bat cave, was brought to wuhan lab, was fucked with and played around with to see just how deadly they can make it, then some human made a mistake and hoopla covid19 is borne.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe it is no secret that a lab in North Carolina was collaborating with the lab in Wuhan until there was some sort of close call in NC which discontinued the related virus research there but funding continued to Wuhan. Although there is no direct evidence, it logically follows that the virus escaped the Wuhan lab.

Cannavore

Veteran
Righties want the origins to be a chinese bioweapon from a lab soooooooooooooo badly so they can start LARPing for a new war to waste US tax dollars and lives on

Veggia farmer

LOL, Should have wrote "some" not they...

But yeah, I also heard/read some in the US was working together with the lab in Wuhan. Started in US, but had some licence problems so the started outside US.

I dont know anything, just observing.....

El Timbo

I believe it is no secret that a lab in North Carolina was collaborating with the lab in Wuhan until there was some sort of close call in NC which discontinued the related virus research there but funding continued to Wuhan. Although there is no direct evidence, it logically follows that the virus escaped the Wuhan lab.

Logically it does nothing of the sort

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Righties want the origins to be a chinese bioweapon from a lab soooooooooooooo badly so they can start LARPing for a new war to waste US tax dollars and lives on

why make it about sides again? can't we just discuss it without deciding which theory of origin is "righty" or "lefty"? i personally would perfer us to be after the truth of the matter, you know as in truth or untruth, or as in the correct and the incorrect theory, is that possible?

i know all about war mongering and the military industrial complexes wish for more bigger, longer wars. im against wars of regime change. but this fact won't make me blind to the obvious possibilities that fit the known facts regarding this strange indomitable virus with its many many symptoms and targets in the human body.

'Boogieman'

I believe it came from a lab and no I don't want war with China. I can only imagine how ugly war with China could get. I do believe we should cancel our debt with them though and perhaps cut them off for good.

Cannavore

Veteran
why make it about sides again?
because trump and republicans repeatedly implanted the "china virus" narrative into their followers heads so firmly that they are now attacking asian americans in the streets. baseless claims have real world consequences these days. especially when you live in a country where 500,000 people have died from said virus, people have lost their lives, loved ones, families, homes, jobs, literally everything from this pandemic. blaming china is the easy and convenient way out for people.

it's honestly pointless even worrying about where it came from. none of us will never know. they'll declassify that shit in 100 years after we're all dead.