What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
It looks good 👍 do you think it has commercial potential? All of your stuff is special but What are your best yielders?
This is my one of my pet peeves. I went into a new dispensary today and checked it out. Same as every dispensary in the state of Massachusetts. Nothing but boring polyhybrids trimmed into tiny characterless balls, over dried and lacking in terpenes. I bought some Blueberry Muffin just to be nice, even though it's all sealed and they wouldn't let you sniff anything, and the kid couldn't even tell if it was Humboldt Seed Blueberry Muffin or not. Tasted fucking terrible and no blueberry aroma which is what I bought it for. Left me feeling shitty all afternoon.

Maybe it's different in Europe, but in the states the only way to get anything interesting is to grow it yourself. Because Joe Schmoe only wants that heavy 25% THC Polyhigh apparently. There is a place for that of course, but every single offering? No one wants anything over 7 or 8 week flowering time either because otherwise they can't make money I guess.

Funny thing was, the kid was telling me that he gets old hippies all the time asking for old school sativa. ;)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
“Maybe it's different in Europe, but in the states the only way to get anything interesting is to grow it yourself.” I have to say I agree with you …here in New York State & market is opening up & it’s turning into a free-for-all …the shops have terrible terrible terrible marijuana …To get the best you have to do it yourself ..Way too many jokers and wannabes

Terppalooza

Silver Amnesia (Super Silver Haze x Amnesia)
PXL_20221122_012056504.jpg
PXL_20221122_012935299.jpg

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
amnesia is good example how breeding haze hybrid can go down. you try to achieve the best tasting haze hybrid possible, and amnesia is great tasting "haze".. but the effect went down hill in psychoactivity. simply too much of indica...

like was said at the beginning of this thread, we cant categorize core cut as psychohaze phenotype.

this is where breeding good haze hybrid is problematic the most. except of complexity of effect... but thats another story.

amnesia haze cut 13weeker is better in psychoactivity, although it has terrible burn out and duration of effect is reduced to 2/3 hour. like at all dutch hazes.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Maybe it's different in Europe, but in the states the only way to get anything interesting is to grow it yourself.
what about Kiona buds? did you try it?

in Europe, they want dense buds very resinous. that is the first criteria for most. dont care so much about loudness in bag here. I think some spray it with something to look more resinous if needed. dangerous to smoke LOL the most indoors buds are grown at mineral fertilizers, so bleh bleh, crazy amount of it.. but if it is dense and resinous like amnesia core, you sell it easy for top money.

when bud is foxtaily or only semi dense it has no chance LOL regardless the effect.

I think it is the same everywhere. Chaco, east coast grower, told me that when he gave his sour diesel x nevilles haze to usual customers, which usually buy sour D, they looked at it, and said "what happened to your sour D?" hahahaha.

Terppalooza

amnesia is good example how breeding haze hybrid can go down. you try to achieve the best tasting haze hybrid possible, and amnesia is great tasting "haze".. but the effect went down hill in psychoactivity. simply too much of indica...

like was said at the beginning of this thread, we cant categorize core cut as psychohaze phenotype.

this is where breeding good haze hybrid is problematic the most. except of complexity of effect... but thats another story.

amnesia haze cut 13weeker is better in psychoactivity, although it has terrible burn out and duration of effect is reduced to 2/3 hour. like at all dutch hazes.
funny thing is, i run her because i find her effects to be plesently uplifting sativa. maybe not mindwerecking or anything. but compared to the current weed market, zkittlez, gelato and others, this is sativa effects, i dont want to sleep after a joint usualy, just chill and eat.
What do people here concider the crown jewel of psyco hazes?

StickyBandit

funny thing is, i run her because i find her effects to be plesently uplifting sativa. maybe not mindwerecking or anything. but compared to the current weed market, zkittlez, gelato and others, this is sativa effects, i dont want to sleep after a joint usualy, just chill and eat.
What do people here concider the crown jewel of psyco hazes?
It would depend on the type of effect you desire
tropical boogie, mextasy and surreal might be some you would be interested in based on your post :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure it is good weed. a little bit boring for me. the effect is muddy compared to better haze hybrids.

from dutch haze, there are more psychoactive ones than amnesia, nev haze for example. but compared to good toms haze hybrid, it is kind of pale.

like Tom Hill says:

"I call it a clean up on isle 9. First of all, haze is the only plant that will make me feel like I should not drive haha. Then like 4 hours in you feeling ok, I fine to drive now. Fuck I need some killer food I going to the market. Then you get into market with bright lights and bright colored foods and humans and wooosh, here it comes again your mind split open brain fall on the floor, big mess, need clean up on isle 9"

I would stress that "brains falls on the floor.." hahaha. also would like to stress that he is not talking about some silver haze or jack herrer LOL he is talking about real haze. and some hybrids of his haze can do that too.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
It would depend on the type of effect you desire
tropical boogie, mextasy and surreal might be some you would be interested in based on your post :)
you are right! this pheno of surrealV1(mexican haze x bshw) can compete with core amnesia easily. it has similar parameters. even it has orange tones, like amnesia... yet the effect is longer lasting than at amnesia, due to bshw help(bshw is simply better parent for haze than any nlskunk, that reduced duration drastically). some describes the effect as having the best day ever.

full

full

Terppalooza

any psyco hazes out
you are right! this pheno of surrealV1(mexican haze x bshw) can compete with core amnesia easily. it has similar parameters. even it has orange tones, like amnesia... yet the effect is longer lasting than at amnesia, due to bshw help(bshw is simply better parent for haze than any nlskunk, that reduced duration drastically). some describes the effect as having the best day ever.

full

full
who makes theese?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
df13haze, F13 influence pheno, buds turned brown after drying with black leafs, minimal trimming is needed. the smell is very hard to describe.. chocolate yes, but something else yet, dont smell much of metallic tones like at juicy.. very unique. dont smell any burgundy wine from flo. chocolate can be from both, haze or f13. chemical musky smell, no garlic from diesel. musky oily.

full

full

this is dutch pheno of DF13haze. I think that guys like @Yo Sammy or @Donald Mallard or @Raho would enjoy this one. classic dutch green haze smell, floral mildly piney spicy peppery cedar sandalwood, little metallic, incense... maybe little garlic breath from diesel, but not so much, it was there during flowering, but it is gone now. basically musky spicy, typical green haze smell. some consciousness shift for sure, even rushy, but with time more and more dense, numbing and stupefying buzz. silly smile and red eyes. definitely less clear than juicy. more like colombian than thaihaze.

full

hope you see, that it is golden LOL

full

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
and why it appeared there? I think it is due to diesel, which contain northernlightsskunk, dont know how much, and believe it or not, these genes of NLskunk found those little colombian genes in toms haze, and got it together, in this one pheno... it seems that nlskunk loves colombian haze.

for thaihaze hybrid project, such pheno is unwanted. I am done with any form of sour diesel for this project.

edit: it is apparent for me, that I cant exceed certain portion of indica. too much indica, and cross cant keep tropical quality. Tom Hill crossed haze with deep chunk and pine tar kush, and although these are known as very cerebral indicas, he said he got mexican-like effect, dirty and muddy, in contrast of smoking thai haze with high activity of all senses, high clearness of brain activity, no stoniness, dizziness or something like that.

too much indica crossed with haze equals the lost of tropical quality. talking about F1s.

thats why mindblower, grandfunk and juicy are so succesful, as mothers are from lines which were bred to have some indica properties, like shorter flowering time etc. but keeps strong thai high characteristics. not even close to haze. but very suitable for making thai haze hybrid which is not so long flowering, but still gives tropical quality of the effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.