What's new

Original Haze hybrids and psychohaze phenotypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
juicy woo cut at day 89. sorry for poor quality pic but I will get better shot when I give my smoke impressions after drying and some curing. This is the seed mom plant and the clone plant should be ready soon for proper smoking. Growing was not difficult as the flootm brought down flowing time at least in my plant. I have some space in next few months where I will run more juicy woo and some tropical boogie.
20220823_112906.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Looks yummy. :)

Ok, so Maha, you think the Kona Gold used in Tropical Boogie is not the same as the Federation Hawaiian Sativa? Any insight into the KG?

I just planted two more TB seeds the other day and they will probably pop any day now. And I found my misplaced Juicy Woo seeds today so I stuck two in the dirt. It's going to be a fun fall indoor season. :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
juicy woo cut at day 89. sorry for poor quality pic but I will get better shot when I give my smoke impressions after drying and some curing. This is the seed mom plant and the clone plant should be ready soon for proper smoking. Growing was not difficult as the flootm brought down flowing time at least in my plant. I have some space in next few months where I will run more juicy woo and some tropical boogie View attachment 18747819
looks very hazey!!! thanks for sharing.:)

hopefully we will see more pics!

Looks yummy. :)

Ok, so Maha, you think the Kona Gold used in Tropical Boogie is not the same as the Federation Hawaiian Sativa? Any insight into the KG?

I just planted two more TB seeds the other day and they will probably pop any day now. And I found my misplaced Juicy Woo seeds today so I stuck two in the dirt. It's going to be a fun fall indoor season. :)

yes, according to description of the smells, but it can be also unusual pheno of it :D really dont know.

I got it as cut... many thanks to my bro who has incredible collection of unique cuts.. history is similar though, in 80s somebody sourced beans at Hawaii, then at 1995 one guy, I forgot his name sorry, popped it and found this cut, so it is very old cut... it is jewel! love its terps...

all three hawaiian cuts I have, are very unique and on its own... sativa doms with some indica added...

history of HWIMF is connected with hawaiian growers, which were icmag members too...2CK, Squiddy, TheFlyinHaWyn(donator of MF) and mainly UncleBid... much Respect!

and history of Hawaiian PakiThai, is that it was bred at Hawaii by one guy, I forgot his name sorry, at 80s too, then living for him got too expensive there and he moved to Washington state for work, where he met my friend from childhood, who was working there too, they became friend and he gifted some seeds to my friend, my friend came back here and gave seeds to one crew here, they are hoarding it, but I was so annoying to them and begged them for it, and everytime I met them I was talking about it, that they gave it up and shared cut with me :D hehehe.

Digger102

I was thinking about this, sure it is about pheno. there is difference between growing these pure hazes and hybrids - I am sure you are aware of it, and how "pure" one works in hybrid. and of course, different folks has different tastes.

so how it works in hybrid - it is interesting for me, it doesnt breed true, so even you use, or I use, highly psychoactive pheno, there is no guarantee, that it will appear in hybrid somehow frequently. thats why it is important that other part of hybrid. I dont try to teach you anything, it is just my observation.

these hybrids exist for long time. for example titans haze, thats hybrid where this colombian dom haze was used. or nevilles haze contain a lot of lumbo phenos, some golds and some reds too... there is also thai pheno imo. I see that Tom Hill thinks, that haze that was used in NH, is lumbo/mexican one... so in this regard I dont agree, as I grew thai pheno of it, and to me again, it was much more interesting, with higher ceiling than those lumbo ones, which are preferred by some as they are shorter flowering and incense! hehe

now it is about subjective tastes. there still will be some folks which will prefer colombian dom haze over thai haze, and vice versa, and we can say it is matter of taste and opinion.

so yeah it is Tom´s opinion, but when we say it is MAHA KALA opinion or elanius opinion, that is not same level imo.

if we accept the thought that opinion is the lowest form of knowledge, then I think it is not really opinion of Tom Hill, it is more knowledge than opinion. higher form of knowledge than some opinion. as there is huge work with it behind him. many many plants... I personally dont have such knowledge about it, of course. I just quoted what he said about colombian. I am not much into trying those colombians in fact, but I can compare colombian haze hybrids vs. thai haze hybrids, and I always missed more energy and electricity in effect from colombian haze hybrids. I like rush and flushing waves. so for me it is more than somebodys opinion.

I respect his work and some low class guy said that he is drunken when he writes these posts. I dont know and I dont care much about, as I am interested in his work, not in him as person... so I dont care if skunkman was homeless or tom hill is laying drunken in amazonia, or dj short lies to sell his books LOL like some intelligent individuals try to discredit them. I dont care, but their work with cannabis is excellent.

juicy woo. they look all very similar. it is big haze with big stretch and good branching,I keep it in small pot as I dont need bigger plants. she is doing great in my greenhouse. it is beautiful blue thai haze, I cant wait...

View attachment 18717461
Hi @MAHA KALA how tall is that plant and what size pot is she in? And do you remember how tall it was when you put it out to flower? I'm over here trying to figure out pot sizes for some transplants I'm trying to see what I can go to from a 3L pot. I have 6L, would rather 9L, but next size on hand is about 18 or 19L (5 gallon)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
in 5L pot, around 50 cm, and the height of plant is around 1,7m and it is topped, but this is from seed, from cut you can reduce stretching, and mainly I grew it like that, because I tested and I wanted to know how they react to it, and if they can perform, even under stress, so small pots and of course, because of huge heat it dried out quickly, and then I had to water it massively, which is another stress. another stress was the heat, which burned some leafs, as this greenhouse was built for autumn sunlight and not for summer one.

well and one of those stresses, this is valued for south asian genetics, is if you flip it to flowering when the plant is too young, whatever size, and is not hormonal prepared for flowering, her juices dont contain right mix of hormones. if you dont want this stress and if you want proper final product from sativa or sativa hybrid, you dont want it, you have to flower from well matured cut...

and I can say that juicy woo made it, final product is jut fine, if I assume all the stress. these hybrids are strong. but without it is much better :D on the other hand, the stress is part of life, it is philosophical question hahah

Last edited:

Digger102

in 5L pot, around 50 cm, and the height of plant is around 1,7m and it is topped, but this is from seed, from cut you can reduce stretching, and mainly I grew it like that, because I tested and I wanted to know how they react to it, and if they can perform, even under stress, so small pots and of course, because of huge heat it dried out quickly, and then I had to water it massively, which is another stress. another stress was the heat, which burned some leafs, as this greenhouse was built for autumn sunlight and not for summer one.

well and one of those stresses, this is valued for south asian genetics, is if you flip it to flowering when the plant is too young, whatever size, and is not hormonal prepared for flowering, her juices dont contain right mix of hormones. if you dont want this stress and if you want proper final product from sativa or sativa hybrid, you dont want it, you have to flower from well matured cut...

Thanks for the info about the pot size and how tall it is, thats about the size plants I grow anyway. Looking forward to it. And thanks for the tip about waiting until the plant is sexually mature before flowering. Thats a practice I have always followed. I never got into the shortcuts for determining sex. I veg them until they show me naturally and then go from there. I'm not bound by the calendar, but I do use it as a tool, and I have an 11 week window marked off to allow these to show sex. I hope it doesnt take that long, but it would be nice to have about a 3 Ft (100cm) plant to take snips from to root.

Agree with Sub, they seem to handle bending the daylights out of them better than I would have thought (sometimes even creased fully over) and don’t miss a beat. I do top them (once or twice) when they are smaller and that seems to help.

Whats up Olday!! Nice bumping into you!! So back to LST, hemp twine and pipe cleaners it is. When I first started growing I used to LST the shit out of a few plants. Then as the family grew, time got smaller and I left the practice alone. Now I have to get back to it so I can pull one of these grows off.

I usually never top much and grow large plants and bend branches if necessary. The mextasy bx did not help to top for me. It just limited growth. I should have topped earlier. I would say not to. ✌️
If you have to bend the top down.

Thanks for the heads up Sub!! Mextasy is one I plan to run. I liked your description of it.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
A cut of the mother plant was put into the flower room today to 👍
I chopped one at 15 weeks, 4 day ago, she is the quickest, others are flowering and flowering...

it smells great!

sour citric spicy, cardamon, minty chocolate, hint of sweet mango and leathery. I dont smell any metallic flavor...

p8260001-2-jpg.18748534

Attachments

• P8260001 (2).JPG
    P8260001 (2).JPG
    835.1 KB · Views: 369

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
nice Sunday to everyone...

so all JWs are chopped, quicker phenos at 11/12 weeks, longer at 14 weeks and juicy fruit thai pheno at 16 weeks...

just smoking quick pheno, which is sour spicy cherries on exhale... very nice! aftertaste is very herbal woody though... the effect just lasts and lasts, I dont know any 12 weeker of haze hybrids which would last so long.. crazy longevity.. I smoked it yesterday. 5 hours before sleep and I wake up very high today... you can be high on this all day... quicker phenos has some body high, but I stay active one it, not sleepy at all, quicker phenos are also calming mind, vibrating tranquility... first it is a little nervous, and you have to stop moving and breathe only, but after that it is very nice trippy weed, it gives me instant trance state that is pressurizing head.. and crazy hearing dimension. it just puts me to another dimension... the potency is the potency of haze...

Status
Not open for further replies.