What's new

'Original' Cinderella 99 Preservation Project

sandblaster

Great to see C99 projects

Great to see C99 projects

Don't have any C99, but still have the original Princess .75 that Soul gave me I think back in the early 90's. These were part of cubing on the way to C99. A very consistant plant. Never had a cut that didn't grow. Fruity and low odor. Keep up the good work.

Sandblaster

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Don't have any C99, but still have the original Princess .75 that Soul gave me I think back in the early 90's. These were part of cubing on the way to C99. A very consistant plant. Never had a cut that didn't grow. Fruity and low odor. Keep up the good work.

Sandblaster

Don't suppose you could find a way to get cuttings to the clubs here in Cali, eh?

That would be absolutely awesome! :yoinks:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey Hydro - Soil

A little off topic here but when you use RO water with the Flora Nova you dont add any Cal/Mag? I would think it would be lacking... I am very interested in trying the Flora Nova.

- Jenn

Hey Jenn,

I've used the GH 3-part for a long time and never had any deficiencies when using exact Lucas formula. I've always used nothing but RO water.
Floranova is even better and still no deficiencies.

The only thing that really changed is that I don't need any pH down for bloom anymore. Just for veg with the Grow.

The Floranova Bloom seems to be exact Lucas Formula with a professional mix of additives in there to boot as the plants look super healthy compared to the 3-part and the pH is much more stable. (and it was already stable before)

The Floranova Grow is also really nice for great growth rates, especially if you're into growing trees. If you're in a micro environment though, I'd stick to just the Bloom. You'll get plenty of growth and it will be easier to keep things perfect in the small area. ;)

From personal experience with the Lucas Formula and RO, if it looks like you're getting deficiencies in your grow you're either not quite getting enough oxygen to them, not shaking your nutes enough or some other environmental factor is causing it.

I have some theories, but nothing concrete enough to throw around, just yet. Just vaguely connected pieces in my head. :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Cannacopia did finish up the C99 selection and have crossed their grapefruity mom with DC.
(best I can gather it was a multi-male pollination and should make for some great f2 selecting)
I have some on the way.

Will they make any C-99 x C-99 seeds available? I, and many others I'm sure, are interested in getting as close to original breeding genetics as possible.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Just out of curiosity what would be the age of those original packs. I know you probably have to ballpark it but I'm curious how long after they were produced that you still got very acceptable germ rates. Thanks.

Uncle Remus

I'm popping 2 FMS Xline C99's that have been in my freezer since late 06/early 07...Goona run these, pick a keeper then do a growdown side by side, from clone (to keep things consistant) and see what happens

Also looking to debunk the "freezing seeds is bad" theory...2 beans, 2 years in deep freeze...Should be interesting to see how/what germs

Hydro-Soil
Relieving my anxiety and 15+ other things...

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn
Hey Hydro - Soil

A little off topic here but when you use RO water with the Flora Nova you dont add any Cal/Mag? I would think it would be lacking... I am very interested in trying the Flora Nova.

- Jenn

Hey Jenn,

I've used the GH 3-part for a long time and never had any deficiencies when using exact Lucas formula. I've always used nothing but RO water.
Floranova is even better and still no deficiencies.

The only thing that really changed is that I don't need any pH down for bloom anymore. Just for veg with the Grow.

Interesting you have to add pH down with veg and not with bloom...There has to be more micro nutes/metals with veg nutes, plus the buffers...Ppm should be higher IMO

I would think you'd need the pH down during bloom vs. veg ???

Also interesting you never need C/M+ when using RO

Hmm

Last edited:
T

tricky

AO X C99 is in flower now 2 weeks in roughly will be makin c99 seeds soon jillybean x c99 is next she was put in flower yesterday .pollen waiting for her hehe c99 growers rock lol:woohoo:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Interesting you have to add pH down with veg and not with bloom...There has to be more micro nutes/metals with veg nutes, plus the buffers...Ppm should be higher IMO

I would think you'd need the pH down during bloom vs. veg ???

Also interesting you never need C/M+ when using RO

Hmm

Hey Unc :)

I only use 6 to 6.5 ml of grow before I get the crispy tip. At that level the pH is around 6 to 6.5.

With 8ml of Bloom it's right in the correct range so I don't mess with it. :)

I'm thinking that deficiencies may have something to do with growing setup. I'm running a drip through lava rock setup this run and I'm noticing that there's a lot of splash drying and leaving nutes on the sides of my res. I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it?

I've run DWC for everything, always and my res level has always been right underneath the lids. Everything stays constantly wet so the mix is always the same. With this nute crust that builds up in certain areas, I could see deficiencies arising.

I think I just pegged the reason why some folks have issues and some don't. Heh. Be interesting to see the results of this inquiry, over the next several years. :joint:

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
I need to post up my own pics, and then we can compare notes. I just need to figure out how to remove the metadata from the images first, lol.

If you have Windows Vista, it's VERY easy to do. Otherwise you'll have to search Google and find a program that'll do it.

We might have missed it, but a quick scan of the thread found no mention of "yield".

Anyone care to comment on That aspect of C-99, either in soil, hydro, or outdoors?

All of our experience with a C99 variant has been that while its' an exceptional "up" smoke, the small yield would never be considered "commercially viable".

Anyone care to suggest a potential Male mate for Cindy that would meld with the fruity aroma, pack sufficient punch, and increase her size a bit?

So as not to lose her character, a Sativa dominant strain would seem to be indicated.

Any suggestions for commercially available strains that have already done this?

mistaman

Hi. Nice pictures (looking at your bubbler grow thread). I've got this exact strain, so I can say that it is Grimm 99. I can tell by looking at the leaves - you will not find a leaf with more than five fingers. Your reports on the odor, grow time, and ease of cloning are dead on.

I need to post up my own pics, and then we can compare notes. I just need to figure out how to remove the metadata from the images first, lol.

I'm very jealous. :puppydoge

I can't ait for these seeds to be in stock. Ive been waitin forever now. I've been reading up on it and I need it fo my collection.Does ne one know when Female seeds are gonna have this strain or brothers grimm?

outdoe

I can't ait for these seeds to be in stock. Ive been waitin forever now. I've been reading up on it and I need it fo my collection.Does ne one know when Female seeds are gonna have this strain or brothers grimm?
If they dont come available. I think you can Inbreed Jack Herer and get cindy
Inbreeding Stablizes the strain because it is unevenly outcrossed

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
s-bou has c99 beans up now..

oh yea they do good too...darn wish i had the cash...pricey though...a11 x c99 looks good too...bet there will be more later he's not too bad that way.

(wont mention whos they are is this thread....wouldnt be right....use the search function at seed boo to find it) :woohoo:

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see how it is too much money. $90 is less then a 1/4 oz of c99 bud in my area. You figure 1 female plant will yield more then that in essence saving or making you more then your initial investment. After the first round it is the gift that keeps on giving ;)

White

I don't see how it is too much money. $90 is less then a 1/4 oz of c99 bud in my area. You figure 1 female plant will yield more then that in essence saving or making you more then your initial investment. After the first round it is the gift that keeps on giving ;)

That's the great thing about growing, after the initial investment in the setup, you have very little expense. So, I'll have no prob investing in top quality seeds. Shit, once you have good genetics, then you can trade your gear for others gear. Although pricey initally, I see it as a great investment. Truly is the gift that keep on giving. This post seems kinds redundant, just wanted to say I agree.

Right now, I'm torn between the c-99 and Kali Mist (or g13xhashplant) for my next order. Good smoke either way.

peace,
White

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
We might have missed it, but a quick scan of the thread found no mention of "yield".

Anyone care to comment on That aspect of C-99, either in soil, hydro, or outdoors?
Cindy is an average yielding plant for most phenos. She stretches like a sativa but packs on weight the last few weeks like an indica.

I've heard of some thin branched phenos having issues with holding up the weight of the final buds.

I've read that she's easy to grow, easy to clone and average on the yield. For an exceptional smoke she'll give you a significantly larger return than say a haze of the same quality would. Not donkey indica big but good enough to not have it as a con when doing a tally.

:)

Latest posts

Latest posts