What's new

'Original' Cinderella 99 Preservation Project

H

Hazeseeker

yeah what happened with this project??, is it still on?,
i need some C99 in my life, wanna see what all the hype is about:chin:

lipasss

no update in such a project? What are you going to do with all the seeds you will get? Will they be available in any f2 seedbank?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grate work guys.....

the first time i heard the term "Holy Grail", the guy was refering to C99....

i hear its very quick,,,but if its not strong in taste, im lost for a reason to run it...

the pineapple taste will have to be allmost "skunky" strong, for me to fall in love

Last edited:

Uncle Remus

Female Seeds Xline vs my C99 cut

Female Seeds Xline vs my C99 cut

A few pics I found recently that I scanned...Really show the difference betqween these 2 variations of C99...Both sets of pics are somewhere around day 25-30...I have many from my current grows, but these Xline pics are 2-3 years old so exact day is unknown

Female seeds Xline: Smaller calyx with longer pistils...Buds appear longer and thinner...Less tric coverage...Smelled of pineapple, fruity candy...Smoke tasty somewhat potent...Finished around 45 days

picture.php

picture.php

Uncle Remus

Another Xline...Awfully HUGE pics...Not sure how to resize so this might take up some space
picture.php

OK Now my C99 cut...I've looked at MANY pics of Grimm's C99 and IMO my cut has the same structure and shape...Fatter, chunky looking buds...Short, fat, and dense calyx and pistils...CRAZY super powerful skunk odor when taken later...Could possibly be harvested under 40 days (done it, most excellent):
picture.php

picture.php

I recently checked my seed stash and found that I still have 2 FMS Xline's left...Thinking of doing a grown down side by side...I also would like to prove that storing seeds in the freezer is safe...These beans have to be 2-3 years old...Bought these from Gypsy late in 06 if I'm not mistaken

What do you peeps think?

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
the fact that you are not running these cindies for longer than 50 is very interesting. Will potency iyo increase or plateau- out early on? I would love to hear if these seed are going to pop. Why is it that you like c99 so much? ;-)

Rabbit............

Uncle Remus

WhiteRabbit: She doesn't need to go longer than 50...Potency, yeild are not effected that much with my cut...I actually prefer it early bucause it helps to keep the odor down...When she goes longer than 45 dyas, the skunk aroma of this "holy grail" pheno I found, when dried and cured is almost impossible to control unless its kept in a jar...a 1/4 oz of this stuff will permeate 3-4 baggies...I can't even have hardly ANY of this on my person or else peeps will smell it on me as soon as they get within 5 feet of me

Remember C99 is mostly (if not all) sativa and the trics on my pheno are 90/5/5 at about 37 days or so...Why go longer when the trics are telling me to chop at 40days??? With C99 your looking for a soaring sativa head high, so it makes no sense to chop later when trics are getting amber, your looking for almost all cloudy trics

Why do Ilike C99???...Lets see...Easy to clone, light feeder, never hermies (and I've abused her), VERY easy to grow, incredible sweet/fruity/candy taste, 2 hits of my pheno FUKS YOU UP...Oh yea, and my pheno finishes at or under 40 days...What more could a smoker ask for??? IMO this is THE best smoke I've ever had or grown...Totally blows away my DSD VERY berry pheno in both taste and potency...Truly killer smoke, no lie

I should pop them soon, I think...With all the interest, and all the delays in the breeder projects with this strain, I'm thinking of reversing my momma and making a bunch of S1's...There might be "some" demand for this strain if the breeders can't get their act together and put something out this spring

Plus I would like to do the side by side just to point out that there ARE differences in C99 between the different breeders...IMO the "original" Grimms C99 is chunky looking...Some other versions of it are definately different...Look at the pics above...There is a clear difference between the two

Now I'm not knocking any breeders, BUT...If you look at pics of Wally's, and my FMS pics, you'll see longer, thinner budsites with longer,thinner pistils and clayx's...Rez's cut, like mine, has shorter, chunkier budsites with shorter, fatter pistils and calyx's, which IMO is closest to the original Grimm's

All of the above is my opinion...I am NOT a breeder, nor an expert, nor do I claim to be either...Just my personal observations after growing out this strain from different sources...I'm going to gather up some more pics of different cuts of C99 that are on this site...Then I'm going to post them, together, so peeps can see the differences I speak of more clearly

BTW...the last 2 pics are from my last grow...She was taken down at 39 days...3 plants DWC, 2 or 3 weeks veg, SCROGGed under a 400wCMH...Yielded a tad under 5oz's in just over 5 weeks flower time...Yield on my pheno isn't great, but the smoke is UBER so no complaints here

Last edited:

swishaman

Haven't read the entire thread, but I must say i'm hopeful you guys are able to keep C99 going. It's one of my Top Five "Must Try" Strains. I've always read such great things about it on Overgrow.com and surprised to see people still growing it today. So hold onto it, keep it living, and maybe I can smoke it one day... :D

Can not wait to sample it someday, if it is kept from extinction that is.

P.S. It is odd that such a Sativa Dom trichs are 90/5/5 @ ~40 days.

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
So..... is Cannacopia MIA?

Sounded like they should have passed the project on to someone else after the

"We had to leave the house we were growing in but the plants are fine" part.