What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

orient express

StrongTree

little squat yunnan-ish OE...only 7 weeks...coated with milky and clear mature trich - no amber ( and thats ok with me) while simultaneously terp odours have well strong...very ripe fruit and a mild smoke smell....sort of a lapsang souchong and longan fruit

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

little squat yunnan-ish OE...only 7 weeks...coated with milky and clear mature trich - no amber ( and thats ok with me) while simultaneously terp odours have well strong...very ripe fruit and a mild smoke smell....sort of a lapsang souchong and longan fruit

View Image

View Image
View Image
Nice job ST, she is beautiful and a lot of frost! I would love to know how she smokes once she is ready, looks like the effects would be blissful. Well done my friend.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi blondie,

I would classify your Orient Express female as a slightly more sativa pheno than indica, at least based on her flowering traits. Orient Express is a very hungry plant in flowering and her main leaves typically turn yellow unless you feed her abundantly after first month of flowering. Wish you are enjoying with her harvest.

Here is my indica leaning OE. This is just shy of 6 weeks. Somewhere around 5 1/2 weeks the leaves drooped and started to wither and die. Not quite overnight but close. Good news is I am seeing a bit of brown hair on the buds. The end is in sight.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Foggy,

That's a very Yunnanese indica looking OE seedling :) So cute.

The same more developed plant continues to show in early flowering Chinese Yunnan indica distinctive traits.
She indeed looks VERY close to the Orient Express indica mother we use in Orient Express x Nepal Jam hybrid, Snow Moon and of course also in the breeding of some Orient Express lines.

Please, keep us updated on her flowering development when you have the chance.

This OE was the star back in May. It grew faster and stronger then just about all the other Ace’s that I started. Check out the super wide leaf on the seedling.

And still looks pretty good a week or two into flower.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Mountainkush,

Nice sativa dominant OE pheno :) Those indoor buds look really sexy!
Orient Express does indeed prefer milder temperatures during flowering, her terpene and resin production really decrease when temps are close to 30ºC or higher.

The upward curling of the side of the leaves is a sign of high temps and/or PK overfeeding, while the yellowing of lower leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency, which shouldn't be a big concern if the yellowing is just moderate in mid flowering and onwards, and only happening in the older leaves of the lower part of the plant.

I usually like to keep my OEs very green until 2/3 of the flowering, then lower down the temps close to 20ºC and reduce also the feeding to let her yellowing until harvest time.

What's your opinion about the finished product of your OE female ?

I’ve been having a little trouble with mine too and leaves started yellowing and dropping around the same time but only at the bottom. I increased the feed and slowed it down but I ended up burning the leaves a bit in the process. We’ll see how the next few weeks go.
I know these like lower temps in flower so maybe they’ll start doing better now that the heat waves seem to be over. This has been the hottest summer I can remember.

Here’s mine at 6 weeks. No distinct scents I can pick up on yet. Mostly just a fresh resin scent with maybe some floral notes in the background.
View Image
Sat pheno
View Image
Ind pheno
View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot also for your updates, StrongTree ;)

Your 2 Orient Express expressions sum up perfectly the indica and sativa phenos that can be found in Orient Express. The squat indica fast flowering and resinous China Yunnan pheno of more moderate yield and flower/leaf ratio, and the longer flowering and higher yielding vietnamese sativa pheno of great flower/leaf ratio and lesser resin production.

Indeed, your indica pheno looks almost exactly like our Orient Express indica mother, and your sativa pheno is like our Vietnam Black mother, but with a smaller size and faster flowering.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Orient Express regular and feminized out of stock

Orient Express regular and feminized out of stock

Hi,

Orient Express regular and feminized versions are sold out on our website, although you may find the last available packs through our official retailers:

https://www.aceseeds.org/en/wholesaler-list/

It will take a few months until we can re stock the strain, since we are currently very busy with other breeding projects,
but hopefully we will be able to work on new Orient Express reproductions on the second half of 2020.
It's very hard to keep all the strains always in stock .... especially since our catalog is expanding more and more every year.

Mountainkush

Hi Mountainkush,

Nice sativa dominant OE pheno Those indoor buds look really sexy!
Orient Express does indeed prefer milder temperatures during flowering, her terpene and resin production really decrease when temps are close to 30ºC or higher.

The upward curling of the side of the leaves is a sign of high temps and/or PK overfeeding, while the yellowing of lower leaves is a sign of nitrogen deficiency, which shouldn't be a big concern if the yellowing is just moderate in mid flowering and onwards, and only happening in the older leaves of the lower part of the plant.

I usually like to keep my OEs very green until 2/3 of the flowering, then lower down the temps close to 20ºC and reduce also the feeding to let her yellowing until harvest time.

What's your opinion about the finished product of your OE female ?

Thanks Dubi, unfortunately I lost both plants to mold and had to get rid of them. The only plant that made out ok was my Pck which I haven’t seen any signs on before or after harvest. Although I still worry that it’s covered in spores that just couldn’t grow. Not sure how that works but my OE had mold in the top colas and under my microscope I could see spots starting all over so just tossed them and cleaned up.
Heat was my main issue with temps reaching 33°c and humidity up to 75%. I couldn’t even get my house cooler than 28°c with the ac blasting.

I kept a cut of each to try again in the future so not all is lost.
The cut on the right has the p/k issue you mentioned from over feeding and needs a lower EC like my Thai chi cut.
picture.php

Last pics I took before I lost them.
Left cut above
picture.php

picture.php

Right cut above
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Orient Express working to produce fresh regular seeds.

If everything goes well Orient Express standard (regular) will be back in stock in a few months.

Attachments

• oe male.jpg
    oe male.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 40

newbert

orient express seems like its ace's answer to skunk #1 large yield, light pleasant social high. is this be an accurate statement?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi newbert,

Certainly Orient Express was one my first breeding efforts to keep the SE Asian sativa terpenes and effects (in this case Vietnamese) in a plant that is much easier, faster to grow, more indoor friendly and with higher yields than a pure indica or pure Vietnamese. Skunk development probably had similar goals but using American sativa (Colombian and Mexican) and Afghani, instead of Vietnamese sativa and Chinese indica.

Orient Express and Skunk are both balanced sativa/indica hybrids showing the best growing traits from both. The similarities end there. The terpene profile and effects are very different.
Skunk is more consistent for louder terpene profiles, higher resin content and better flower structures (flower/leaf ratios) than OE, but i prefer anytime Orient Express effect over Skunk.
I always find Skunk effects quite depressing and confusing, on the other hand Orient Express has a much more mood enhancing, expansive and clean effect, with much better social, anxiolytic and anti depressive qualities.

Common Sense

Vape report Orient express fem

Vape report Orient express fem

Hi friends,

it's been a while and I still owe you guys a smoke report! You all supported me during my first grow ( https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368609 ) and now after good three months of curing, the product deserves some praise.
I will start with the Orient express. Fem version, seeds dated 1/3/18. I saw there is another thread for Orient express fem, but the last post is three years old so I came here.

The buds have been in the jar for over three months now and the humidity is stable at 61%. The jar appeal and the texture of the buds is great. Large, very resinous buds, sticky. The smell is absolutely outstanding. Very sweet, honeydew melon, mango, concentrated honey, creamy. It has been consistent and stable over time. Interestingly, the bouquet differs from the description on the ace website.
Did I mention the buds are sticky? They do stick to my grinder more than anything I had before.
When vaping the taste is different than what evaporates at room temperature, but still interesting. More incensy, woody. Pleasant.

The effect consistently matches with the ace description. It is a light vape/smoke that is a good mood enhancer. Would be good for an all day smoke, leaves you very capable to do things, chat with friends, perfect for a philosophy session. I found it really good to get a different perspective on things, being able to analyze things with a clear head, while providing a very pleasant and relaxed happy feeling. One time I compared it to the feeling you get when you float your tube down a calm cool river on a hot summer afternoon.
Several times, I had the greatest fun hanging the laundry to dry or cleaning the bath.
I did not find it very powerful and my specimen is relatively short acting. Most of the effect is gone by about 2 hours and I found myself able to focus myself out from the high (hope this describes it somehow).
Which has several advantages. You can consume more, more often and all day long if you please. I found it rather hard to overdose on this one, but if you consume too much, you will still definitely head for the nearest couch. Beware when getting up again. Get up slow or you might feel dizzy.
I do not get much body effect from this one and practically no visuals. Does not make me very tired.

Overall, a total winner, I really like it very much. Great, great smell, nice happy relaxed sativa effect without being trippy. Absolutely no danger of anxiety or panic attack. Never racy. Great every day weed if you don't want to completely blow your mind. Also good if you need to be sober a couple hours down the road or if you need to have a very clear head the next morning. Never felt any groggyness the day after.:jump:

Kali China report is next:biggrin: