What's new

orient express

blondie

In regard to hermaphrodite I grew a Girl Scout cookie that turned hermie on me. I didn’t know until I found a few buds that were seeded. Only one plant and a few buds were seeded. I grew those until my seeds were gone. I knew I had guaranteed females. Next gen plants didn’t hermie on me. I have one tent and one light. Repeatedly buying female seeds starts adding $$$$. Not really able to do clones so hermie seeds are good for me. My OE plants are great and I’m hoping one may give me some seeds.

Solarlogos/dogtown plants look awesome!! I’m working to get to my skills where you two are.

StrongTree

my first run of the legendary Orient Express.... i feel we got 2 fairly distinct expressions so far.... they have started bloom cycle yesterday

picture.php

more narrow leaf and lots of side branch...slow veg...hope this leans to viet black

picture.php

picture.php

and here we have broad leaf style...stem rub smells are chindica rubber berries and peanuts... looking forward to humid forest...
picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

my first run of the legendary Orient Express.... i feel we got 2 fairly distinct expressions so far.... they have started bloom cycle yesterday

View Image

more narrow leaf and lots of side branch...slow veg...hope this leans to viet black

View Image
View Image

and here we have broad leaf style...stem rub smells are chindica rubber berries and peanuts... looking forward to humid forest...
View Image
View Image
They look great ST! I had 2 of the VB pheno. The one on the left is leaning VB and looks very similar to mine when it was that size. As you can see, they stretch like a sativa. Nice smoke, no noids or anxious. It was the 1st weed my dad smoked at 100 years of age and he enjoyed it, became his daytime smoke. I will see if I have any pics later when they were small.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Solarlogos/dogtown plants look awesome!! I’m working to get to my skills where you two are.
Thank you for your kind words Blondie, you are very kind. I saw your plants and they look great. You're doing a great job!

StrongTree, here is a couple of pics of my OE VB pheno. I'm still looking for younger ones.

Peace, God bless

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
All the OE fems that I have grown were the squatty broader leaf type and I've run her 3 or 4 times now. Would love to get a VB pheno.

StrongTree

They look great ST! I had 2 of the VB pheno. The one on the left is leaning VB and looks very similar to mine when it was that size. As you can see, they stretch like a sativa. Nice smoke, no noids or anxious. It was the 1st weed my dad smoked at 100 years of age and he enjoyed it, became his daytime smoke. I will see if I have any pics later when they were small.
Peace, God bless
hey thanks Solar...i have indeed been seeking low anxious sativa and if you supplied it to Dad at age 100...ive got to know it's gentle kind friendly venerable strain...just what is needed in these times

i ve been interested in the Viet Black especially...ive run oenj and kc and kc x's.... but have yet to get at the viet gene expression so this should be good if it is that..... i have perused this thread a few times ... it's quite the lengthy saga...so as always thanks for sharing

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You will not likely get Viet phenos in fems.... Far more common in regular Orient Express... Its stated all over the place, not sure where to direct you to a quote but definitely get some regs.... I got a 10 pack lets hope I get some... Sucks I ordered a 10 pack, and was given 2 5 packs so I didnt get any of the extra beans you get when you order fullsize pack... From Oaseed

StrongTree

Hi Dr Y... thanks for that...so i guess it's like the fem "copies" limit the potential range of gene expressions......so when we see that pheno with more more narrow leaf we still have plenty of Yunnan influence present ....so still in the hybrid zone... winder if a breeders pack has or will ever be avail

Mountainkush

They look nice Strongtree, and very similar to my two fems.

Day one flower
picture.php

picture.php

Doing well so far with the VB leaning pheno still not happy with its food. I lowered it a bit so hopefully the other plants won’t mind as I grow a mixed garden and try to feed them all from one tank to simplify things when I can.
Still dealing with heat problems too which make it worse but once again we had a crazy lightning storm last night and it’s nice and cool today. Just wish it would last.
About 4 weeks 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

blondie

A few shots of my OE’s. This is 4 weeks. Sorry about the lighting. Two different pheno types. One on the left is thinner sativa leaning leaves. On the right thicker,darker, indica leaning. It also shows in the buds I think. The indica one looks fuller quicker. I suspect the sativa one will catch up, at least I hope so.

Nice looking ladies in the above postings... I did notice my leaves of the sativa dominant are yellowing like I saw on one above. Kind of interesting.

Attachments

• 3CF41341-7DA7-462D-83DC-CDAB012F417C.jpg
    3CF41341-7DA7-462D-83DC-CDAB012F417C.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 31
  • C83439ED-2206-4279-AE8E-2F5A98781A6A.jpg
    C83439ED-2206-4279-AE8E-2F5A98781A6A.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35

StrongTree

They look nice Strongtree, and very similar to my two fems.

Day one flower
View Image
View Image
Doing well so far with the VB leaning pheno still not happy with its food. I lowered it a bit so hopefully the other plants won’t mind as I grow a mixed garden and try to feed them all from one tank to simplify things when I can.
Still dealing with heat problems too which make it worse but once again we had a crazy lightning storm last night and it’s nice and cool today. Just wish it would last.
About 4 weeks 12/12
View Image
View Image
View Image

Mountain Kush !... looks like they are cranking along...pretty chunky flowers @ 4 weeks....i had to run 2 also...:biggrin:

Mountainkush

A few shots of my OE’s. This is 4 weeks. Sorry about the lighting. Two different pheno types. One on the left is thinner sativa leaning leaves. On the right thicker,darker, indica leaning. It also shows in the buds I think. The indica one looks fuller quicker. I suspect the sativa one will catch up, at least I hope so.

Nice looking ladies in the above postings... I did notice my leaves of the sativa dominant are yellowing like I saw on one above. Kind of interesting.

Thanks
Looks like you have two similar phenos as well. My Indica leaning one is flowering faster too.

Mountainkush

Mountain Kush !... looks like they are cranking along...pretty chunky flowers @ 4 weeks....i had to run 2 also...:biggrin:

Thanks. They are really starting to fill in. Awesome we’re all getting both phenos to try. Wonder how close our VB’s are to the ones in the regular packs Dr.Young mentioned.

Mountainkush

Found a little trick last night for taking pictures under Hps lights. I just held my blue lens hydro grasses up to my camera and took the pic through them. Not perfect but worked pretty good and will help my back out from not having to take them out of the tent for pictures every time.
Stocky OE is front right
Tall one is pulled down in back now that I made some room
picture.php

blondie

Here is my indica leaning OE. This is just shy of 6 weeks. Somewhere around 5 1/2 weeks the leaves drooped and started to wither and die. Not quite overnight but close. Good news is I am seeing a bit of brown hair on the buds. The end is in sight.

Attachments

• IMG_20190823_200730091.jpg
    IMG_20190823_200730091.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 41

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This is a fun strain. I always get funky musk and mothball smells when I've grown it. Always has that nice robust structure and reasonable flowering times. I think I will go dig out my stash and have a little nightcap. :)

Mountainkush

Here is my indica leaning OE. This is just shy of 6 weeks. Somewhere around 5 1/2 weeks the leaves drooped and started to wither and die. Not quite overnight but close. Good news is I am seeing a bit of brown hair on the buds. The end is in sight.

Looks like some nice chunky buds. I hope she finishes ok for you.

I’ve been having a little trouble with mine too and leaves started yellowing and dropping around the same time but only at the bottom. I increased the feed and slowed it down but I ended up burning the leaves a bit in the process. We’ll see how the next few weeks go.
I know these like lower temps in flower so maybe they’ll start doing better now that the heat waves seem to be over. This has been the hottest summer I can remember.

Here’s mine at 6 weeks. No distinct scents I can pick up on yet. Mostly just a fresh resin scent with maybe some floral notes in the background.
picture.php

Sat pheno
picture.php

Ind pheno
picture.php