What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

organic natural hippie or chemical pumping freak?

When growing organically in soil (minus ANY chelating compounds) the roots take what they wants from what is available in the rhizosphere. In other words-WHEN DONE RIGHT- the plant cant really over or underdose itself with a mineral/element. Of course there are cases where a plant will pig out on certain things like potassium (even plants can struggle with junk food).

I'm also not debating the fact that flushed hydro herb may be "cleaner" or tastier, you may be right, i don't smoke enough hydro buds to compare, and i dont really care. In sum, the whole "nute dynamic" does not apply to naturally grown soil buds. It's an entirely different mindset compared to growing chemically force-fed buds, and anyone with rudimentary knowledge of soil food webs can tell you so. I was wrong to disrespect hydro growers like i did, it just bothers me when some people put profit before thinking about applying whatever toxic i-cide dumbass joegrow at the hydro store recommends. Anyways i wont paint with such a broad brush from now on.