What's new

ORDERED A VOLCANO VAPORIZER: WANT YOUR INPUT

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Alright, I just made the plunge and ordered a digital "Volcano Vaporizer".

My only prior experience with vapes is an old: vapor bros. wooden box model, and I just recently also purchased an "iinhale" portable vaporizer.

The iInhale kind of got me all juiced to do some more vaping, so I decided that I needed a home based unit....hence the Volcano.

The iInhale only has 1 automatic heat setting, the vapor. bros one had an analog dial you'd turn up until you got the "right" temperature.

So I'm curious what "range" or "temperature" you'd choose to vaporize since the Volcano apparently can be used at different temperatures.....

Anyone have any experience, suggestions, stories...etc. that you'd like to share?

Feel free to post both postive and negative comments. I did buy a Volcano, but didn't do alot of research. I was just interested in getting a solid and good one....most people have stated that Volcanos fit the bill, but they're just a bit steep.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

I bought my Volcano about a month ago, so I'm no expert, but I am a convert. I still hit the bong sometimes, but I love my Volcano. I usually set mine to about 6 1/2. I vap 2 bags per bowl, and mix it in with hot chocolate, yogurt, whatever, after that. I found that if I turn it up higher than about 7 1/2, I cough my lungs out, but that may be just me.

Sharp_Pain

I've had my volcano for over 2 years. My main reason for getting one was the fact I would get super congested after smoking a bong, joint or pipe. It was downright miserable. After switching to the vaporizer I have had no congestion issues. I still hit the bong or a joint every once in awhile but my volcano is my regular use piece.

I keep mine at 5 1/2 and it seems to burn just enough THC and leave the rest of the shit that kicks my allergies in alone.

Old Soul

Veteran
Hey access, what's up bro! I have had mine almost three years. I love joints though so I still burn on occasion, or if I want to get high right away instead of waiting for the Volcano to warm up. As far as vaporizers though, I think the Volcano is the best. As far as the setting, it depends on what effect you are looking for. The lower the temp, you will get more flavor and mostly a head high, even from a sedative indica. If you are in need of medicating, you will need to vaporize at a higher temp. The higher the temp you get a little less taste but more couchlock effect. I have a regular Volcano so I had to look at the book to see what temp it actually is. My range is anywhere from 350 degrees to about 400 degrees. I have vaped at the highest setting as well which is 439 degrees. Also note that the higher temp the more harsh the vapor is because it is thicker. At 350 you barely notice anything going in your lungs. I am sure you will be happy, feel free to pm me if you want anymore info. Sorry for the long post, I'm not even stoned yet. lol

peace

G

Greyskull

aloha.
when i use my volcano I like the temp setting at "just about 1 o'clock"
I was advised to use this seting from my volcano rep.

good luck bro, and enjoy!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The original poster stated they had order a digital volcano - so all these dial settings are useless.

I use 370ish for a couple of bags, then crank it up to 380-5ish for a third bag. It's all personal preference - so experimentation is the key! Enjoy your new toy, they're very good.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
iv owned both the digital and analog volcano. cant say im a fan. truly destroys any flavors of weed. dont matter if your smoking your finest homegrown,, or some shit dood sold you in a mcdonalds parking lot>>>it all has the really boring peanuttish popcorn burn//taste to it,,,, never really feel like i get the full effect from it. always a much lighter buzz than smoking out of a more conventional piece...seems like this unit would be good for older people or MMJ patients who really dont smoke that much///dont require too much. it is much cleaner then smoke,,,but personally my volcanos ended up sittn around collecting dust that i ended up getting rid of em...no point me keeping these things ill never use if there is MMJ patients out there who could use it much more than me....:2cents:

buttyrekka

i love my cano.i use 75% less herb.the effect is almost medicinal.it makes everything taste like it's had a 6 month cure.its ultra efficent.its super easy to use.its built like a superb german tank.it reeks of quality.
:woohoo:

DONT forget to GRIND the HERB UP.i use mine on 6.only do one run with each batch of herb.i prefer one big bag instead of 2 small ones.i dont go for 3 runs.the first bag i find superb.2nd average.3rd a waste.the machine is so efficent i dont see the point of dragging out the runs.
bad things about the cano....price.its good but it cant polish a turd,you put shit in you get shit out.its worthless if you dont have good herb.dosent work with hash.unpressed drysift is about all it can take.
easy valve bags are a bit dear.
i got mine real cheap(guy was using it for hash).i love my cano.i reckon your gonna love it access
I LOVE MY CANO!

accessndx

Veteran
I really like the iInhale. It's completely portable, there's practically NO odor whatsoever...
which means you can goto the movies, a concert...the supermarket, a restaurant..etc. and not fear smoking!!
It's not as strong as other 'home' based units apparently, so probably wouldn't replace other units.
I'd say it's definitely a worthwhile purchase. There are a few things you should do to maximize your iinhale experience: remove the moisture condenser in the mouthpiece (real simple, it just pops out)...and wait at least a minute (preferably 2) before starting to inhale...
Then you're gonna get milkier and denser vapor.
There's only 1 thing that bothers me so far: the instructions and website says there's enough butane in the unit to fuel it for 2 hours of vaporization...mine only goes 30 minutes before needing to refill....I think I've got a bunk butane canister...or the interface is not matching properly making it difficult to refill.....Gonna get another can of another brand and see if that works. In spite of that minor issue, I'd still recommend that iinhale without reservations.
Love that thing. Check out the website: www.iinhale.com

You also should check out: www.fuckcombustion.com

There are some reviews there of the iinhale...

Peace!

buttyrekka

that iinhale looks pretty smart so you fill it up like a gas lighter?.
i like that it looks like a asthma inhaler.i pretty much stoped smoking after i got my cano(just cos of the smell,couldnt have my house stinkin of weed anymore.i was already paranoid enough)
do you mostly vape now?,i reckon it takes gettin used to though.when i first started vaping i was smoking/vaping 50/50.then i deffo prefered smokin.
but after about a week it was 90% vapein and smokin was makeing me cough,so i pretty quickly stopped smokin herb all together.
still smoke hash though,cant put that through a vape.
that being said i love the smell of cannabis smoke,i really miss it.dont miss being paranoid and running round with pillows wafting air out of windows though:D

accessndx

Veteran
2 quickie questions about the Volcano:

1) Where do you get those large ass party bags?
2) How is the "odor level"? Does it smell or does the odor dissipate quickly?

Edit: aha...ya snuck in a post while I was typing. Yeah...the iInhale gets filled with a simple butane canister...like a refillable lighter. I have been doing the same 50/50 split vaping and smoking. I start things off with a few bingers or a bone or a bowl...and I hit the vape in front of the TV to keep the high rolling.
The difference in the high is noticeable....certain strains are just way different than smoking vs. vaping...the only analogy I can give is it seems like you're more "high" and less "stoned"...

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

either from the mftr. or you can use german turkey bags.they are both the same thing

buttyrekka

there aint no smell,the jars smell more than the vapor.
i made that bag,(i'm a bit tight)the valves in the easyvalve balloons stay working for a lot longer than the bags so i cut the old balloons off and replace with these

i'm allways falling a sleep with half full bags,the thc solidifys in the bags and they stick together causeing small rips, so i made these.
BTW anyone english out there Tescos are selling these bags for 50p.
not for long though (discontinued stock)i bought loads:D
those bags are excellent quality too,some bags rip at the seems if you over fill them.
accessndx have you gone easyvalve or solid?
easyvalve are easy but dear,solidvalve bit fiddly but cheap....

I got the digital volcano back in the beginning of last November...started using it a lot at first but then slowly have gravitated back to the bong. I just feel like the bong gets me higher than the volcano does.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there aint no smell,the jars smell more than the vapor.
i made that bag,(i'm a bit tight)the valves in the easyvalve balloons stay working for a lot longer than the bags so i cut the old balloons off and replace with these

i'm allways falling a sleep with half full bags,the thc solidifys in the bags and they stick together causeing small rips, so i made these.
BTW anyone english out there Tescos are selling these bags for 50p.
not for long though (discontinued stock)i bought loads:D
those bags are excellent quality too,some bags rip at the seems if you over fill them.
accessndx have you gone easyvalve or solid?
easyvalve are easy but dear,solidvalve bit fiddly but cheap....

Legend. I'm popping down Tescos when I run out (or have something to vape again) - got an easy valve here too - load of rubber bands all you use? Looks like a good idea, way cheaper than that set of 6 bags for £30ish - (used to get them cheaper from Europe but the euro/pound rate is gash atm).

I agree with those who talk about the volcano not always being strong enough. If you get through a lot of herb, as we all do sometimes, the volcano will raise your tolerance levels quicker than a bong from personal experience. I smoke(d) lots daily and started to vaporise as I started to develop a cough and hacking a bit. But then I started using the volcano pretty constantly as a complete replacement - 3-5 bowls a day (x3 bags a bowl) and my tolerance shot up. So it went from using 1/3 of the herb to get high to using the same amount in the vap as I would in the bong. I doubt they were intended for heavy use.

So, again - this is only my personal musings - I like to use the volcano through the day when I need it - then use the bong afterwards, usually in the evening. In combination they're great.

Old Soul

Veteran

the only analogy I can give is it seems like you're more "high" and less "stoned"...

Hey access, I use the Reynolds oven bags. The chicken bags are great for just one or two people. I use the Turkey size oven bags for parties. You are exactly right, it is more of a high than stone. It is crazy though because I have been so high off the volcano that I couldn't move off the couch my mind was so fucked up. My body wanted to do something but my head said no way. What a weird feeling that was. I still smoke at night though cause I need those indica's to knock me out.

Oh, as far as the smell. I would definitely say that immediately after the smell of marijuana is in the air. It doesn't smell like it does when it is burned, but it is definitely there. I would say within 10 minutes after vaping, the smell has disipated.

accessndx

Veteran
Can you guys/gals use the alternative "larger" bags with the "easy valve"? I thought that the easy valve came coupled with a bag...and that was the whole thing...
The solid valve allows you to switch bags...but I guess people were challenged enough to warrant the development of something "easier" ROFL.
Either way, I don't think a vape will ever replace completely a bone, bowl or bong. I love those options on the table...but I do think that switching it up is a good idea every once in awhile.

Old Soul

Veteran
Not sure as I don't have an easy valve. Don't you have to buy a whole new valve every time with those? I believe the bags are coupled together with it. When I bought my Volcano, they only had the solid valve. I think when the easy valves came out that is what I read, and the same reason I didn't get them, thought it was a waste of money.