What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Grove guerrilla grow

Onward and upward JST and overgrow. Nothing beats your own ganja even when it needs a little cleaning up. Too stoned to work sounds lurvely.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Been needing to make a trip out to the plot to check on the last two and see if those seeds are ready yet. This is the latest I've ever gone into the season. Want to be sure they are completely ripe though.

JustSumTomatoes

Here are the visually mold free buds I brought in to speed up the dry and to keep them from the moldy ones that could help spread mold. I say visually mold free because I've seen that once Botrytis shows up, it is spread throughout the whole plant(even before flowering starts.) Powdery mildew I'm not so sure whether or not it's systemic, or starts localized and spreads from there. I wouldn't be surprised if all parts of all the plants contain spores of it.

So pretty much, this is what I deem to be the smokable ones... The others will most likely all be used for edibles. I'm going to stick with my 1 ounce ballpark estimate since I haven't weighed them. This is off the 2nd largest plant, the LVPK orange pheno. Smells of orange peels with a light sweet odor. Not skunky or acrid at all on this one. They have finished drying 2 days ago and have been curing. Going to take them to a month before a proper smoke report.

Attachments

• 20191024_010630.jpg
    20191024_010630.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 28

JustSumTomatoes

Orange Grove reversed

Orange Grove reversed

Chopped the last 2 last night. Maaaan what a season this has been, it's always a huge sigh of relief getting home with the seasons harvest knowing the pressure is off, at least until next year.

Unfortunately the reversed Orange Grove is covered in mold (no surprise there) and I have not seen or felt a single seed in its calyxes or in the Nl. It's possible it didn't produce any pollen or it did and the pollen was not viable...

Attachments

• 20191025_005707.jpg
    20191025_005707.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191025_010111.jpg
    20191025_010111.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 33
  • 20191025_010132.jpg
    20191025_010132.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 33

JustSumTomatoes

Northern Lights

Northern Lights

Must say, I'm really impressed with the Nl. Absolutely zero mold on this one. Had some mold on last years, but this plant is totally spotless. No powdery mildew or Botrytis in sight. Part of it I'm sure is that this plant was grown in new mold-free soil, but Northern Lights has a legendary reputation outdoors for a reason... Also, this is the most Sativa leaning Nl I've grown yet. The internodes are tighter than the others I've grown but the leaves are unusually thin for something mostly Indica. Also the buds themselves are somewhat whispy for an Indica. I'm really hoping to find some seeds in there, would be a great breeder for the Orange Grove. It has that classic pine/juniper smell of Nl but is slightly sweeter than the others I've done. I'm really excited to try this one..

Attachments

• 20191025_170336.jpg
    20191025_170336.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191025_005536.jpg
    20191025_005536.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20191025_005456.jpg
    20191025_005456.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20191025_005452.jpg
    20191025_005452.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20191025_005400.jpg
    20191025_005400.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 32

mr.brunch

Veteran
Looking good mate, hope you get a few good seeds... have you looked into real gorilla seeds outdoor stuff? They got some nice early strains
All the best :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Thank you everyone for the kind words :tiphat: I feel like this season had the worst work input/reward output of the ones I've done so far. I really appreciate the moral support cause sometimes it feels like more trouble than it's worth. Just finished doing an early morning trimming of the Nl. I'm about a little more than halfway done with that plant. Orange grove is still in the process of curing, with the remainder of the plants still drying. Also, this scissor hash is amazing... Piney, hashy Northern lights resin. :canabis:

Looking good mate, hope you get a few good seeds... have you looked into real gorilla seeds outdoor stuff? They got some nice early strains
All the best :tiphat:
Thanks brother, appreciate the kind words. So far I haven't seen a single seed... I have heard that with Afghani's it can be challenging to get pollen from a reversed female, just because they are so dense and don't produce/disperse pollen properly, but I'm not entirely sure in my case. I checked their seeds out and the Early Grape Berry and the Guerilla Gold #3 sound interesting to me. Would seem like nice varieties for my climate and suites my tastes.

JustSumTomatoes

Regarding rgs, This was the post that caught my attention... these are grown around 52 n uk,
And look good
I think I saw those pictures before, yeah that's very impressive. Some of their plants like the GG#3 are what they are calling semi-autoflowering. I'm not quite sure what that means... Either it is auto or it isn't. :dunno: I'm sure that would combat the mold much better than what I'm running, but man do I love those orange/citrus sweet turps on the OG.:canabis: Thats why the Early Grape Berry sounded good to me. I absolutely love sweet, hashy, fruity/citrusy terps. No so big on the skunky, diesel, cat piss, or anything that could make me vomit. Absolutely no bueno.

Hi mate ,

your Nl is really good stuff ,

well done !!!

:tiphat:
Thanks buddy! It will only get better with time.

JustSumTomatoes

Last night I found one dark seed in with the Northern lights. Haven't started inspecting all the buds closely yet but this makes me hopeful for more.

JustSumTomatoes

I threw a small bit of trim in a jar and it got shoved to the back of the cupboard where it was forgotten about. Looks like the mold formed a nice little colony. Smelled like total shit too... To the garbage it goes!

Attachments

• 20191109_021322.jpg
    20191109_021322.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 30

JustSumTomatoes

Just finished putting up the Christmas tree and giving it a proper lighting/decorating. Was quite fun to do while baked out of my brains on some Orange Grove. Figured I was about due for a follow up report...

Strain: Orange Grove f2... (LVPK x Hindu Kush) x (AE77 CaliO x Deep Chunk)

Medium: Happy Frog soil, last year's recycled.

Container: Contractor bags. About 20 gallons of soil each.

Nutrients/Additives: Commercial grade (The Anderson's) 12-12-12, Jack's Classic Bloom Booster during flower, GH pH down.

Lights: The big one in the sky from day 1.

Flowering Time: 8 weeks, but I have no doubt they could have been pulled at 7. Lots of amber trichs!

Veg Time: 6 weeks

Dry Yield: About 3 ounces per plant... Very low this year but things were far from ideal. Last year they kicked out just under half a pound each.

Smell & Taste: The orange smell/taste is present in about 2/3 of the plants to one extant or another. One was more like Skittles candy and another was orange but with some burnt rubber in there too. They pretty much taste how they smell.

High/Stone: Very stoney and on the Indica side. Lots of fuzzy warmth and a good body buzz. The stone is super lazy and very comforting. Definitely not one for the day time or you will find yourself nodding off. Even more potent in edible form.

Effect Duration: 2-3 hour good buzz with smoking, can last 6-7 hours with edibles and much heavier effects. When it hits, it hits fast and hard. One minute you feel nothing, the next you're ripped.

Medical?: Yes, very much so. A reliable insomnia buster for me (hard to find) but also does a number on pain. Makes dealing with some painful dental issues bearable. Also was helpful with muscle spasms in my lower back, acting as both a pain killer and muscle relaxant.

Negatives: This strain is a mold magnet in my region but it's to be expected given its background. Grows a bit slower in veg than other Indica hybrids but makes up for it in being a very sturdy plant in all other respects.

Overall Rating: 7/10 (I would say pretty high!)

JustSumTomatoes

Hoping everyone has an awesome new year! With a few months of curing, time to do a bud report on the Northern lights plant as I'm enjoying its effects... :canabis:

Strain: Northern lights (Peak's)

Medium: Fresh Happy Frog soil

Container: 5 gallon bucket

Nutrients/Additives: Jack's Classic Bloom Booster during flower, Genral Hydroponics pH down, a couple handfuls of perlite.

Lights: Sunlight the entire cycle

Flowering Time: A little under 11 weeks, unusual for this strain (normally 8-9 weeks) but it also seemed to start flowering later than normal too so this might not be entirely accurate.

Veg Time: Around 3 weeks.

Dry Yield: 2 and a half ounces

Smell & Taste: Piney, ever so slightly sweet, with a mild floral aroma of possibly wicker or juniper. Classic Nl. The smell honestly reminds me of how a "grandma's house" smells. Brings forth feelings and memories of nostalgia and happy times. Very bland in taste though, very woody... I could see many being disappointed in this area but it's no biggie for me. Edibles are mostly my thing anyways.

High/Stone: A very calming, peaceful, and content stone. Not overwhelming like some, but comfortably strong would be a good way to put it.

Effect Duration: Takes slightly longer to set in and is a gradual rise, not like hitting a brick wall all of a sudden. Has a long peak to the stone with both smoking and edibles. The comedown is gradual too... Lasts 3-4 hours smoking, 7-8 with edibles... Can leave you with some green day!

Medical?: Yes

Negatives: Honestly can't name very many other than it's low odor and flavor, but that might not be a bad thing.

Overall Rating: 8/10 Just awesome. It's a very reliable, resilient, hardy, stable, and just all-round good strain. Doesn't stink to high Heaven like many. Resists mold like a beast and laughs at pest insects. Yields are respectable for an IBL. All these factors combined make for reason why it has endured for so long while other strains have gone extinct. Nl will always be a classic in my book.

Latest posts

Latest posts