What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Grove guerrilla grow

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm glad I found this thread today, because I have some Orange Groves about 4 weeks into flowering, and I'm eager for them to finish. The beans I used were also gifted to me, perhaps by the same person. :)
Anyway, thanks for the smoke report on Orange Grove!

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Starting into a new year I guess a concluding post would seem appropriate for last seasons thread...

This has definitely been a wild season, for sure. The thing that stands out to me is just how wet everything was. Really has me rethinking heavy, hash plant type Indicas being grown in my climate. The mold at the end of a summers work is too much of a heartache. Northern lights is one I'll always keep in my back pocket (such a bruiser in the bush) as reliability is such a valuable trait. The Orange Grove I will preserve until I'm in a more favorable climate or want to do a pollen chuck. Awesome plant really, just needs the right conditions to truly shine. It's something special to hang onto. Unfortunately, the colloidal silver project was a partial flop. I successfully created and revered a guerrilla plant (very cool!) But, the pollen didn't take and no seeds were produced. The one I found I'm pretty sure was an extra laying around and not a fem after finding more just like it from deseeding 2018's bud.

As fun as the outdoor guerrilla thing is, it can be stressful and more often than not feel like it's more trouble than it's worth. At the end if everything works out you get to kick back on a seasons worth of work and enjoy that pressure being off, at least until next year. I look forward to the time the garden can come inside and truly be my own without all the pressure. In the mean time I will hunt for plants that can kill the pain and insomnia, and maybe help others along the way as well. :huggg:

I want to thank everyone who tagged along for the ride: pipeline, Ibechillin, wvkindbud38, mr. brunch (thanks for letting me hang at the shed!) Flying Monkey, browntrout, DARKSIDER, and everyone else who participated and offered advice over the coarse of the season. It honestly makes such a difference having friends through the rough of a hard year, and this one had to be my worst. For everyone else who is watching... Thanks for stopping by for the adventure! I hope this may have at least inspired someone to go out, try a garden... Or even a plant of their own. A special thanks to Icon, you're kindness is very much appreciated. :tiphat:
Stay safe out there and spread the love of the plant! :plant grow:
-JST

Bellow is the dry, moldy, pollen sack, silver-infested cola of the Orange Grove reversed female. Far from medicine, but a cool shot before throwing it out. :)

Attachments

• 20200103_071236.jpg
    20200103_071236.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 34
I

Insomniac420

I'm glad I found this thread today, because I have some Orange Groves about 4 weeks into flowering, and I'm eager for them to finish. The beans I used were also gifted to me, perhaps by the same person. :)
Anyway, thanks for the smoke report on Orange Grove!

Hey Jellyfish do you have any pics of your Orange Grove I was gifted some too. And
Have 6 seeds just germ.

I

Insomniac420

Great thread justsometomatoes I have 6 x orange Grove just germed in 1lt pots under
T5 I will pm you at 50 posts. Happy new year
Bro from Scotland

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely thread mate , hope the work was worth it in the end :tiphat:
Looking forward to next season’s adventure :biggrin:
All the best, and the shed door is always open :tiphat:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks justsometomatoes kind words sorry i couldnt chime in through all this life has been a bit chaotic in my world so i rarely get on or act social anymore. Hope you find a strain that will work out better for your area & you can eventually get an indoor set up going so you dont have to worry about mold or the fuzz.
Also i got just 1 orange grove in veg now unsexed cant wait to get it into flower in a few weeks.

Insomniac420 i hope you find some good phenos & get some sleep if you grow them indoors try taking them to 10 weeks flower for best ZZZZzzzzzzz
also i have a couple pics of some small plants grown indoors from a few years ago in my album you can check out https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=51223

Last edited:
I

Insomniac420

Thank you icon I will take a look. My 6 seedlings are look great in 1lt pots. Only small at the moment will post pics when bigger. I am groing
Indoors under 315cmh

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Thanks for sharing those photos Icon, would love to see more pics of Orange Grove if anyone else has any. I'd be interested to see this strain super cropped and trained. I had one in 2018 get topped by a deer and it turned out great.