What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Diesel Intro

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
All I can say is wow guys, it just hit me that I dont think Ive seen one pic of an orange diesel thats turned out bad. Props to you. I hope youll find it like I did, one of the better orange strains out there. Thanks.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Verite,
I'll try to take some photos in the coming days during the harvest but I only have a 2mp camera so the photos won't do the buds justice, especially as they wont be able to capture the glisten of the crystals - these things are sugar-coated! They really are gorgeous looking buds, 9 out of 10 for "bag appeal"

I cut a bud off a couple days ago and speed-dried it, so no curing at all, but there was definately a strange orangey taste to it which surprised me as I wasn't expecting much taste after such a quick speed-dry ... it was kinda like a can of strange-tasting orange sodapop. My guess from that is that the orange flavors will start to become a lot more pronounced as the cure proceeds. :smile: - which is quite an interesting introduction into the Diesel line!

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Orange Diesel harvest after 63 days (9 weeks)

Orange Diesel harvest after 63 days (9 weeks)

Ok well I harvested my first Orange Diesel tonight after 63 days (exactly 9 weeks) of flowering. I'd say you could harvest her anytime from 50 days of 12/12, and I'd say she would've been perfect at about 70 days, but I need to free up my flower chamber so she's ripe enough for me

I apologise - I only have a 2 megapixel camera, which can never capture the true beauty of quality strains. Orange Diesel has a slick sugary coating of trichomes over it but my camera will never pick that up. But hopefully you can still get a rough idea of what I ended up with

I removed most of the fan leaves to help expose the buds before taking the photos. This is a single plant grown under a single 600w HPS ...

The buds really are absolutely gorgeous looking, these photos definitely do not do them justice

[edit] hmmm it seems that icmag are resizing photos DOWN to a maximum of 600 pixels high, which will make it even harder to see. They should base images on the most important factor - filesize, not image dimensions. :(

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

She a beauty Hesh!!! Nice work!!!

I'm at day 59 and they still have time to fatten up so I'm going the full 70+ days...here's a peek at mine!!!

Click on pix to enlarge!!!

and the closet, THxS1 on the right.

D

Don Cotyle

Here's a better look at the 2 phenotypes I encountered.

The first is a slightly smaller plant with few side branches, it produces rock nuggets and finishes in about 60 days.

The second is a taller plant with many side branches and has a fluffyer bud with prolific top growth the last 3 weeks and will take the full 70+ days to finish.

Here's a shot with the rock nugs on the left and the fluffy center and right.

I'll update on the 2 when cured, smell and smoke.

Right now I'm getting the sickly sweet nasty dirty "Hypoid fluid 90 wt" and an orange grove smell from them!

Thanks Verite :joint: The Don

Last edited:

cyburnt

What happens when you cross the Orange D with a select......

What happens when you cross the Orange D with a select......

Purple G-sus? :canabis:

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Oh My Lord... It's Cyburnt! Woohoo!

That P-GSUS resembles a pheno of my Butterscotch Hawaiians... does P-GSUS contain God Bud genes somewhere?

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
That would make sense. Thanks, Cy. Gimme a shout sometime, unless you've ignored me all winter for a good reason! ;)

Back to our scheduled orangey diesely programming...

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Nice lookin plants guys. Ive done a few interesting OD crosses but havent got them tested yet.

Loudcall

Verite, We have 5 Orange Diesel Females that are 3weeks into flower and they are exploding with bud growth....

SuperBudz

Smoke Two Joints In The Morning!
ICMag Donor
Nice work indeed! When I get some spare cash, I will have to scoop up a pack to try myself. Keep up all the good work. Looking forward to the looks of your new future crosses. Good call on 15seeds a pack, always nicer to work with a few more beans. Everyones Orange Diesel Looks Bomb! Great Work by the breeder and the grower.

J

jimbroker

I have a few shots I would like to share with everybody.

The first shot is one of my girls at 31 days with a bic lighter for scale. All of my plants have similiar sized colas.

The next few shots are of my top colas on each of my plants after 36 days.

Last edited:
J

jimbroker

I too have two phenotypes... I am calling them the "rock hard nugs" RHN pheno and the "fluffy bud" FB pheno after Don_Cotyle's post.

The first three pictures I have are of the RHN pheno and the fourth shot is the FB pheno.

When I cup my hands around a cola top from the RHN pheno and inhale the scent I get a very strong, pungent odor that smells very much like Skunk derived strains I have had in the past but with an intensity like that of Sage and Sour or Sour Diesel. These plants have fewer leaves on them than the FB pheno and have more space between branches.

The FB pheno doesn't have the deep, pungent odor of the RHN pheno but maintains the general sweet skunk smell. The density of the calyxes is impressive yet they don't look as mature as the RHN pheno and will probably need a few extra days. If they fill out like the RHN pheno than they will be very impressive.

J

jimbroker

I am bored of the usual seedy commercial (schwag) I have so I pulled a couple of popcorn buds to sample at 40 days from two of the riper looking RHN phenos. The buds I had didn't look particularly resin coated as they were from the bottom of the plant and underneath a lot of foilage and top colas. The bud was still very sticky. I put it in my vaporizer raw. The vapor was very smooth going down. The volume of vapor was comparable to the amount I get when vaporizing the usual schwag. I would expect when it is fully ripe the volume will increase. It has a very even indica/sativa buzz leaning towards the indica and it is fairly long lasting. I still feel good two hours later. I smoked it earlier in the day and did not have a paranoid come down. Even this ripe (~3 weeks early) it is a nice smoke.

This is by no means a fair smoke report but the results are still pretty good. As it is, I would give it a 7.5/10. It definitely beats the schwag!

Nice stuff, Verite!

Last edited: