What's new

Orange Diesel Intro

Amazing purpling m@rg, and by the way, I dig the new animated gif in the avatar space. Did you do anything special to pull the purple out of the pheno or was it pretty easy?

Despite growing during winter months and early spring, I could not pull any purpling whatsoever. So give us a clue as to what temps are like, m@rg, because those are beatiful plants and I love purple and if I could pull purps out of genes I already have, I would absolutely try.

Let me ask you if there is a noticable growth spurt after day 55, depending on if they go longer. What I saw was my plants jump into flower double their height and stop and just start putting on weight, but what I had found with my other genes, Nirvana Northern Lights Pure Indica, that if I waited 10 or even 20 days later than originally intended, I got better yield of much more potent herb.

Has anyone let OD go 80 or 90 days to see what happens? Thanks for all the info and pictures.
The Aficianado

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Here is my keeper. I gots a question for ya, Verite. Are the beans (got em at seedbay in the fall) cali-o/sk x nycd f2, or (cali-o/sk x nycd f2) x (cali-o/sk x nycd f2). I ask because I saw all of those pages of seeded OD buds back a few pages.

~8wks

RealSupreme

great strain man,looks very pretty and tasty, dammnn i need to try it..
nice buds, congrats guys.
peace

Last edited:

O.G.#1

Awsome cross Verite ,OrangeDiesel sounds and looks awsome to me, 2 of my favortie flavas, diesel and citrus!

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TheAfficianado said:
Amazing purpling m@rg, and by the way, I dig the new animated gif in the avatar space. Did you do anything special to pull the purple out of the pheno or was it pretty easy?

Despite growing during winter months and early spring, I could not pull any purpling whatsoever. So give us a clue as to what temps are like, m@rg, because those are beatiful plants and I love purple and if I could pull purps out of genes I already have, I would absolutely try.

Let me ask you if there is a noticable growth spurt after day 55, depending on if they go longer. What I saw was my plants jump into flower double their height and stop and just start putting on weight, but what I had found with my other genes, Nirvana Northern Lights Pure Indica, that if I waited 10 or even 20 days later than originally intended, I got better yield of much more potent herb.

Has anyone let OD go 80 or 90 days to see what happens? Thanks for all the info and pictures.
The Aficianado

hey , with my orange diesels i found with both phenos i had ,they all could easily make it past 70+ days flowering,with there last burst at 60 days,nearly the whole plant became white hairs again ,which was cool, extra bud

they were grown in uk ,so i had a few problems with the night time temp
but drop the temp a few degrees past 20 at night and leaves, buds and thc goes purple/red

great pics every one ,well worth the money strain
very photogenic plants and a very good smoke ,again big up verite :respect:
still got 6 original seeds left

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
They'll be back soon. Nice plants peeps.

[ these seeds are Orange Diesels, the original cross of the Cali-O/Sk#1 to NYCD was done a few years ago. ]

Z

zoolander

I have these I wanna run and I need to pick up a pack or two of Holy Grail

clowntown

Veteran
Still no camera, but here goes my text description. I attempted 5 beans (actually 6, but I dropped the 6th one and couldn't find it on the floor), and from those 5 got 4 females. I have a cloned top of the oldest one (plant "C" @ 58 days), trailing behind by 19 days. I also have some at 45 ("A"), 48 ("E"), and unknown ("D", lost the plant marker so I don't know when I flowered).

I have two very distinct phenos: A, D, and E have a spear-like bud shape, with a pointy tip and pretty solid looking nuggs. C first starts to form like a spear, then the tip starts to blunt out with clusters of nuggets making it the shape of a caveman's club, and now @ 58 days it's really fattening up and looking like a football. This pheno C looks to be especially good for SOG.

The smell on most of them are of Fruity Pebbles, a sweet candy-like fruity smell, varying in intensity a little from plant to plant. I'm guessing this difference in intensity is more due to the difference in flowering age than phenotypical differences, but I'm not sure.

I'll borrow some pics from other members in this thread to try and illustrate. Note: all pictures were searched and added AFTER writing the text descriptions! :D

hesh said:
^^^ looks similar in structure to my "D" and "A" phenos

"D" and "A"... looks similar in structure to "E", but the buds are slightly different in shape; they have a "pointier", "sharper" spear shape, a bit fluffier buds (I expect these to produce long, medium-dense spear nuggets), and have a much more sativa look in the bud structure. "D" has a classic candy-like Fruity Pebbles smell; "A" is far back in the garden and hard to reach, so I didn't get a close-up but I'm expecting the same as they look so identical.

m@rg said:
^^^ looks similar in structure to my "C" pheno

"C" smells like faint orange peels; I think this one might be the longest flowering one, and is likely going to have medium-density, long nuggets in a tight, huge bouquet of a cola. Unfortunately it looks like it might be quite leafy, but I'll let things thicken up and see how they look then.

herbal essences said:
hesh said:
^^^ looks similar in structure to my "E" pheno

From what I can tell, "E" is the best smelling one right now, and the strongest smelling... doesn't have as much of an orange smell, but a very sweet grapefruit, or some sort of sweet tropical fruit smell. I can tell this one is going to produce some dense hard nuggets. Looking extremely beautiful, branching / structure, buds, pistils, everything. Will probably finish in the shortest time, too, and I'm guessing will put out some nice, dense oval shaped nuggets.

If the potency is equal among all phenos, right now I'm going to have to say "E" is the keeper by a clear shot. It looks to be the earliest finisher, have the best bud structure, and best smell.

All plants were topped at least once; planning on letting them go up to 70.

I'll definitely have a camera before harvest, so we'll see how my prediction goes.

Still got 9 more beans left. :woohoo: Thanks Verite! :headbange

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Verite,

You mentioned either a new line or a refinement to an existing line earlier (I forgot which). How's that project coming along, and is there a rough ETA on when the beans might show up on Seedbay?

Huggie bear

Verite said:
They'll be back soon. Nice plants peeps.

[ these seeds are Orange Diesels, the original cross of the Cali-O/Sk#1 to NYCD was done a few years ago. ]

I will keep a look out for them they sound interesting..

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Clowntown great descriptions. I had 2 females, kept 1. They were kinda different. The 1 I didn't keep (took 1 clone and lost it :bashhead: ) was 'club' like. Lighter green, denser nugs, more pronounced 'mr clean orange' smell. The 1 I kept (and have started spreading around....) is definetly more on the diesel side. Darker, thinner leaves; buds grow like lil bubbles (diesel). Smells just like kids orange chewable vitamins. This 1 loves to go purple, the other wouldn't. Flowered from seed plants, the club pheno was ready a week sooner. I would like to see where Verite takes these, I would def. buy a worked re-release, or a tested cross of these.

clowntown

Veteran
barletta said:
Clowntown great descriptions. I had 2 females, kept 1. They were kinda different. The 1 I didn't keep (took 1 clone and lost it :bashhead: ) was 'club' like. Lighter green, denser nugs, more pronounced 'mr clean orange' smell. The 1 I kept (and have started spreading around....) is definetly more on the diesel side. Darker, thinner leaves; buds grow like lil bubbles (diesel). Smells just like kids orange chewable vitamins. This 1 loves to go purple, the other wouldn't. Flowered from seed plants, the club pheno was ready a week sooner. I would like to see where Verite takes these, I would def. buy a worked re-release, or a tested cross of these.
barletta, sounds like your 'club' pheno is an exact match for my "C" pheno! How did the smoke turn out?

The Orange Chewable Vitamins is a pretty good description for the other pheno smell! Some sort of very sweet, fruity smell!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
The club pheno was 1 of the 1st plants to come down after a LONG dry spell, so I didn't really cure any, but I remember it FUKKED ME UP lol. It kept the orange smell through the dry better than the diesely pheno, and the streets ate it up lol.

clowntown

Veteran
Finally got a camera. Maybe now I don't have to type 1000 words for every plant again! 5 Orange Diesels, chillin in the garden (funny white balance) with Chemdog Double D's, Apollo Mist, Abusive OG Kush, Amnesia 99, and Bogglegum:

Orange Diesel "A" @ 50 days:

Orange Diesel "C" @ 63 days:

Orange Diesel "D" @ ?? days:

Orange Diesel "E" @ 53 days:

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Damn Son!!! You don't fuk around with the trim. Did you find the "C" to be sweetest? That looks like my 'club'. I ended up with ~an oz from a 2l pot. The 1 I kept is close to A or E by the pix. Those are from seed? Do you find that the HEAVY trim (fans and all) helps yeild or just keeps new growth away all together (trim 1 time)? Thanks man they look DANK!!

Says a lot for the strain that she hangs with the rest of your crowd.

clowntown

Veteran
Wow barletta, thanks for the compliments!

Smelling it now at day 63, yeah she does have a sweet, musty smell along with a definite smell of orange peels. But doesn't smell anywhere near as good as "E". Just judging from everything so far, I'd actually have to say this one is probably my least favorite pheno. Everything can change completely once I do the smoke test, but for now, ...

The "E" looks similar to "D" and "A" from a distance, but the bud structure is completely different... has a "round" tip instead of a "sharp" tip at the spear, tends to have curlier hairs instead of stiff, spikey ones, and has a much denser bud formation. As for the smell... at 53 days it's such an intoxicating sweet, sweet smell, a mix of some fine liquor and a very sweet tropical fruit... as I said before, if potency wasn't a factor, this one is a winner for sure. It's looking almost done, too.

I don't know what it is but I don't like the "C" so much... just a bit leafier (tried lower N earlier, but she told me she wanted more), and a bit fluffier, and the smell isn't as good. The clone version, I topped / FIM'd a few times resulting in about a dozen thinner tops, but I'm still somewhat concerned about mold.

On trimming... yeah, I "just say no to larf" :biglaugh: when possible, although I tend to miss a spot here and there.

I try to get all my trimming done by the end of week 1 flower, and I find that I don't lose any yield as far as final numbers go. Usually a few days before I flip to 12/12, I do a real good trim, and another light trim for any spots I missed or any spots that got stretched too much, about a week into 12/12. Just redirecting the weight where I want it, less larf, a little easier to fit more plants tightly. I think if you do it late, you might lose some yield though...

In the past I tried trimming just the growing tip and not the fan leaf attached at that node and maybe it was just me but the fan leaves w/o an accompanying growth tip always seemed to yellow and die away several days later... so now I just trim everything down that's not getting much direct light with a pair of scissors.

Last edited:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Thanks for clearing that up lol. Have you noticed a big variation from seed to clone?, the 1 I just chopped was grown under slightly different conditions than her seedmomma, but she was more indica (wider, 'thicker', greasier leaves, crazy resin, short, no stretch) and the buds grew distinctly 'diesely' rather than resembling sour D. I don't know about the bud smell/taste yet, but the smell in flower was identical from what I remember, different variations throught flower, dominant smell being ORANGE kids chewable vitamins. I have a MrN Shit in flower that smells sweet and just like the chewable vitamins, but no 'flavor'. I gave away a beautiful, healthy mom to be, and the dude says that she wants to autoflower, have you seen this? I had the plant 1 month (from rooted clone) in a small coffee can of nice soil, and 1 month in a 1 gallon of sweet coco/ewc/soil. I keep my plants SMALL, and this was the biggest, healthiest plant that I'd seen before I started usin the halide in the sky. I'm thinkin that he screwed with her some how. I have 1 clone of her, and am expecting roots any day, I hope he doesn't lose that plant, she was a pounder if put in the dirt for sure.