What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Diesel Intro

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one jim , id like some skunky tasting plants in my garden
ive done a smoke report for 1 of my OD phenos , it is in my diary, but if no one minds ill post it here aswell ?

its hard work describing the smells and effects

BlackBart

Veteran
I decided that I wanted to try the OD but they are gone on Seedbay. Will they be comming back Verite?

clowntown

Veteran
Sorry to bore y'all w/o any pics yet, but I have 5 Orange Diesels germinated. I seem to have lost 1, because I know I counted 15, but have only 9 left. :chin:

J

jimbroker

Clowntown: Glad you are growing along. Your Digital / electronic ballast RF EMI report is a nice resource.

M@rg: I checked out your smoke report in your grow diary... nice. Why not post it here? It is close to what I experienced though it kicked in much more quickly for me. It looks like you have an interesting pheno. I definitely don't (so far) have a sour chemmy taste.. just a strong pungent sweet skunk smell. It reminds me of a smellier version of Dutch Passion Orange Bud I have smoked.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Orange Diesel

Orange Diesel

cheers jim

out of 5 seeds planted, got lucky with 2 different phenos

pheno #1

visual - nice swollen pods ,crusted with thc ,looked purple when grown,but that was all leaf.
bud is a nice greenish colour ,even close to the stalk if u can see through the trichs. nice long red hairs. all bud no leaf and very dense . very good bag appeal 8/10

Smell - Break open a bud and u get a kinda orangy sour mix smell,deep,very hard to describe .more sour than orange.it wouldnt fill a room with smell

blue king size rizzla, rolled and sat down
Taste - this plant tastes similar to the smell but i think its more a chemmy sour taste,in a good way . taste in mouth starts from first drag , exhale taste will last the whole j and more if no drink is available. sour but not dry .i like it

effects - feels like it takes about half a joint before anything is felt ,at first its more a energetic,feel it in the body more than head stone ,like i didnt want to be sitting here,but end of j it moved bak to the head, then was making me more relaxed . eyes fixed on one point and just thinking.

this weed brings thoughts up in ur head ,makes u drift off its a hard stone to describe .very hard hitting in the power department
e.g missus shouted me about 5 times,she was on the other chair.i never heard her at all until the cushion hit me

D

Don Cotyle

Excellent Report M@rg! I also had a few ladies that went into soeme nice shades of purple.

Well the deed is done, I harvested them today at 71 days with a nice mix of cloudy and amber trichs. I've been cureing inside a steel cabinet with a "Golden Rod" mounted in the bottom. You can get these at most any gun shop, they are a sort of dehumidifier, the tube produces a low level of heat to keep moisture out of gun cabinets.They are 2 rows deep, now the wait begins=P

I finaly got to unlease the Thai Haze x Skunk #1 :jump: closet filled right back up :muahaha: and only 60 more das to go

:laughing:

J

jimbroker

I have a couple of shots at day 50. This will probably be the last pictures I post until Harvest.

First up, a shot of a RHN pheno top cola.

Next, a FB pheno, side cola

D

Don Cotyle

Ya sure got some pretty gals there JimB :headbange

Thought I'd share a cured nug shot...Thanks again for the fine, frosty, tasty, potent strain Verite!!!

Last edited:
Kudos!!

Kudos!!

Kudos!! great pics to all especially Don Cotyle, jimbroker, and m@rg on their recent excellent post.

I was wondering on nitrogen feeding into middle flowering. Folks have been posting some big bud shots and I was wondering at N-P-K and organic/non-organic scheduling into middle/late flowering to achieve such excellent results.

I was wondering at temps to get the purple color and what color the tricomes were at harvest at various grows.

Don Cotyle, how long did you cure for and did you manage to get a "bag worthy" fragrence to the cured bud. If so, then how?

Finally, did anyone hear anything about Verite's Holy Grail auction ever happening?

Thanks for the inspirational photography.
The Afficianado

D

Don Cotyle

Hi Afficanado and thanks! My temps were 50-60* for 3 weeks prior to harvest. Tricks were a mix of clear and amber at 72 days. The low temps didn't affect the bud color only foliage.

If you want color try the Thai Haze X Skunk #1, I've got some in the closet that are starting to turn as we speek.

I truly belive a good cure starts the last week before harvest. I flush my rez and just run PHed RO water for the last week to try to remove most of the starces and sugars and put the plants into total darkness for at least the last 3-4 days. I hang plants for almost 2 weeks...trim and put into quart jars. Open jars for an hour or 2 a day. If they start to get to dry I add fresh bag of citrus zest orange and lemon. I use an old nylon stocking to make the bags. This will add a little moisture and smell!

Hope this helps! I think the OD has an excellent smell on it's own!

D

Don Cotyle

Well my fellow Orange Diesel growers has anyone done any keil extractions???

I tried a 2 gram bud and ran it thru a grinder, I was pleasanty surprized!!!

I was left with 7 nice big hits of OD keif...Damn did I get stoned to the bone!!

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran

Got 5 Orange Diesels somewhere in that lineup... Gonna let 'em get a little bigger, clone the top, and flower around the time that the tops root.

I'll be joining you guys soon. Hopefully with a better camera.

Just wanted to yell at you Don. Awsome!

I have been thinking about not only dry kieffed bud, but the left-overs (I assume you saved the rest of that OD to be smoked later or made into canna butter).

Anyway my thoughts were turned to cold water extraction and what to do with the wet leaves and stems afterwards. I remembered a post on these boards about room-temperature alchohol extraction. Despite the majority of THC being stored in the tricomes, I have also experienced THC in the cells of the leaves themselves.

So my plan is definitely to have some fine grades of smoke, dry kief, bubble, straight up regular buds, and then to do a room-temperature alcohol extraction on the remains of my (dried a second time) ice-olatored leaves and stems. The plan is to let the extracted materials dry in a clean place until crispy dry again, then add to a bottle of everclear or a preferred vodka. Let sit forever.

Or if further extraction of only hash honey oil at room temperature is desired, only use a very small amount of alcohol and a small amount of cannabis material, let it sit for a day or two-- shake occasionally-- then pour out through a sieve or a strainer or possibly a coffee filter (I prefer a Melita gold filter that can be reused) and allow to evaporate on a plate somewhere.... This is why Everclear is often better as it leaves less residue.... scrape with a razor blade and smoke and enjoy.

Cannabis and THC are oil and alchohol soluable. Personally, I think I am going to just let mine decant into a great Orange Stolichnaya and make the ultimate OD screw drivers.

Sorry to Verite or anyone else on my extraction aside, but we were specifically speaking about Orange Diesel extractions, and I felt no need to start a new thread, I merely wanted dig Don's enjoyment.

Don Cotyle, where did you get the dry extractor? I really dig dry kief.

The Afficianado

hesh

Hey guys, I don't think I ever posted shots of the finished nugs or smoke report.

I popped two Orange Diesels around Sept. 20th. I got two different phenos, one that smelled very citrus/orangy and one that had a predominant dank diesel smell with a bit of citrus. Vegged them for two months exactly and topped/fim'd both. They showed their sex 4 or 5 weeks into veg. Grown in the 3 part Fox Farm soil + POM plus some light teas after 4 weeks flower. They were about 14" when I started flowering them, and ended up stretching 2x to around 30". Unfortunately one herm'd a few weeks into flower either from heat stress or nutes or light leak and got the chop. The other was a pleasure to grow, medium feeder, and frosty as hell. Threw out a nanner or two but just picked em off no problem. Low odor unless your face is right up in her, and she smells very strongly of citrus, like a clementine. I took her to day 63 cuz I don't like being couchlocked too often, but she could have gone to 70 for a real heavy hitter. When she was hangin' in the closet she smelled like the dankest orange fruity pebbles, I couldn't get enough. Wish my room still smelled like that. She ended up yielding just shy of 2.5 zips

On tha smoke.
Just loaded up a bowl, been curing for about a month. Real prominent citrus smell when the jar opens and when you break it up. Lots of trichs, real sticky stuff. First hit and you can taste the citrus right away, some of the best tasting stuff I've had. You can feel it in your head almost instantly. Nice and smooth, real tasty exhale too. Great high, very heady, feel very relaxed all over, good mood. It gets you way up there for a couple hours. Minimal munchies. Of the three different strains I've grown this is by far my favorite. Great job on this one Verite, a keeper for sure.

I currently have a clone mom of the citrus pheno as well as two at about 3 weeks flower and one at 1 week. The first one was topped and the other two LST'd. My buddy has a good size plant going as well at 5.5 weeks.
I had also saved a cut from the plant that herm'd which will be put into flower soon.

Week 3.

My buddy's plant 5.5 weeks.

:joint:

D

Don Cotyle

Thanks again Verite! Definatly grab ya a nice keif box, you won't be disapointed!!

Clowtown, glad you got some Orange Diesel going, man that's a clean grow area, NICE!!!

Afficianado, sounds like you got a plan, gonna work that OD!! I'm lucky to live in a state that still allows Head Shops, most on line shops have the big aluminum grinders! Make sure you get a large one, mine is 3 1/2" across the top and 3" tall...I gave $90 for mine about 4 years ago...their damn near indestrucktible ;)

Hesh, Nice smoke report. Nice start on round 2, your friend sure got a nice fem there!!!

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Nice pics and reports peeps. I cant wait to work on the strain some more to refine it.

Latest posts

Latest posts