What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ontario strain sharing program?

Thesearch

Whistler is literally selling cuts of Barney's farm strains for $750 rn no lie. Share'em if you got'em! Overgrow! If it was allowed on this site I would be offering to send free seeds and clones out to people for the cost of shipping. I would like to do more of that actually and will probably try to get more involved in the nugswap Reddit and other things like that. Is there any other venues for sharing that are actively being used right now? I don't want to be banned from here so I won't be putting up a post saying that here, but I have dreamed of community breeding projects. Like the cali-o projects on the old school forums, people would get sent free cali-o seeds and then everyone could see what your grow system changed. The original skunk project as well as the ancestral romulan were born out of collective breeding projects to my knowledge. Imagine we passed seeds back and forth with one major project goal like the ultimate orange strain. Some people would breed more sativa in, some more indica and you could have seperate lines emerge out of it... This is how it is possible to achieve lofty breeding goals without bottlenecking the genetics/causing inbreeding problems. Much more similar to larger scale breeding projects, but with a lot more personal attention in selections. You could actually create true breeding varieties.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200624-070414.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-070414.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200624-070428.jpg
    Screenshot_20200624-070428.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 22

Maple_Flail

Whistler is literally selling cuts of Barney's farm strains for $750 rn no lie. Share'em if you got'em! Overgrow! If it was allowed on this site I would be offering to send free seeds and clones out to people for the cost of shipping. I would like to do more of that actually and will probably try to get more involved in the nugswap Reddit and other things like that. Is there any other venues for sharing that are actively being used right now? I don't want to be banned from here so I won't be putting up a post saying that here, but I have dreamed of community breeding projects. Like the cali-o projects on the old school forums, people would get sent free cali-o seeds and then everyone could see what your grow system changed. The original skunk project as well as the ancestral romulan were born out of collective breeding projects to my knowledge. Imagine we passed seeds back and forth with one major project goal like the ultimate orange strain. Some people would breed more sativa in, some more indica and you could have seperate lines emerge out of it... This is how it is possible to achieve lofty breeding goals without bottlenecking the genetics/causing inbreeding problems. Much more similar to larger scale breeding projects, but with a lot more personal attention in selections. You could actually create true breeding varieties.
What do you guys think?

you get 5 juvie's (teens, advanced large clones supposedly) for the price. I assume the 20$/each is tray minimum of fresh root.

break it down.. 150$+ per "mother clone" as they say it..

not sure how i feel about this.. for 150$ you can get 2 packs of fem seeds atleast of this strain.. is the keepers really that hard to find in this stuff?

Thesearch

you get 5 juvie's (teens, advanced large clones supposedly) for the price. I assume the 20$/each is tray minimum of fresh root.

break it down.. 150$+ per "mother clone" as they say it..

not sure how i feel about this.. for 150$ you can get 2 packs of fem seeds atleast of this strain.. is the keepers really that hard to find in this stuff?

Right??? Definitely not in my opinion as they are both old strains that must be more genetically stable now anyhow from decades of inbreeding. These people also sell their bud for twice the price of others(up to $22/g often) that have similar THC levels. I would honestly be surprised if they make a single sale, but they are the only legal source for buying clones in the entire country to my knowledge.

Maple_Flail

Right??? Definitely not in my opinion as they are both old strains that must be more genetically stable now anyhow from decades of inbreeding. These people also sell their bud for twice the price of others(up to $22/g often) that have similar THC levels. I would honestly be surprised if they make a single sale, but they are the only legal source for buying clones in the entire country to my knowledge.

Those are for medical PPL, not sure if anyone is offering legal rec clones.

several LP's have offered clones. It is all dependant on flow and since covids messin with the greenhouseshard this way many of them don't have the supply to offer.

WeedMD was offering clones has for years, think you've got to call in at talk to someone now, since they moved their main shop they have delisted them.

D9 biotech was another i distinctly remember. quite a few of them.

its a weird gray area.. with PPL. you don't really get access to it unless you've sent in your docs.

Thesearch

Those are for medical PPL, not sure if anyone is offering legal rec clones.

several LP's have offered clones. It is all dependant on flow and since covids messin with the greenhouseshard this way many of them don't have the supply to offer.

WeedMD was offering clones has for years, think you've got to call in at talk to someone now, since they moved their main shop they have delisted them.

D9 biotech was another i distinctly remember. quite a few of them.

its a weird gray area.. with PPL. you don't really get access to it unless you've sent in your docs.

I would love to check in on those, I know THC biomed used to sell them but are not anymore.

I have heard of another couple companies that planned to make them but have none on offer yet.

In other news I found this link and it fits my sentiments very well towards the DIY mass breeding program. Funny that it was orange specifically

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231115

Maple_Flail

I would love to check in on those, I know THC biomed used to sell them but are not anymore.

I have heard of another couple companies that planned to make them but have none on offer yet.

In other news I found this link and it fits my sentiments very well towards the DIY mass breeding program. Funny that it was orange specifically

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231115

ya know the most messed up part about the LPs is that they are all the same, Very few LPs are running unique variaties to them. they all run clones from the same seed runs.. and transport them all over.
they may use their own brand names. the LP gene pool is surprisingly limited.

I'd eventually like to be able to work some community tested stuff.. but I'll say it right now, it will take awhile to coordinate. maybe one of two guys in my greater residential region i'd trust to run them and not cut too many corners so that you can get a good look at population. one of with being on an old Mmar still.. numbers baby...

this ain't 2012-2013 anymore, mail was semi reliable then.. CPost has gone down the shiter in the last few years HARD.

Cannot wait for this Covid nonsense social distancing thing is over and nug/clone swaps can happen. need to find more Kind green thumbs

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I visited the Alderville First Nation area today & I saw a shop dedicated to selling clones. With the plague, I was point to point so I didn't stop in but it looks like an interesting source for clones.

Maple_Flail

I visited the Alderville First Nation area today & I saw a shop dedicated to selling clones. With the plague, I was point to point so I didn't stop in but it looks like an interesting source for clones.

there are very few clones on res i'd be considering.. i've not seen many without bugs or PM

it would be less hassle to pop seeds and select your own.

shannonville area had the better ones. MOverian.. not so much

Thesearch

We need a darkhorse up here :D
I will be offering up extra clones for free if I make extras in the coming weeks but it will have to be over reddit because they do not allow that here (unfortunately), though it is 100% legal as long as I don't give anyone more then 4. I may try to talk to some of the moderators or something about that and see what they think. Anyone know who the best people to ask are?

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
ya it would be cool with the changing legal climate if there could be a policy change in regards to sharing on this site. tbh i have no idea about what the sites legal responsibilities are in these types of situations but gypsy is a pretty reasonable guy so it is worth inquiring about. no harm in asking right?

Thesearch

Sent a pm out to a couple people,and finally now to gypsy on recommendation. Fingers crossed.

The safest way is to send unrooted clones, wrap the stem in wet paper towel and pray it makes it. Also possible to use a clone shipper or something of the like, and would be what I would theoretically do. These things even have a built in led light.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200712-035549.jpg
    Screenshot_20200712-035549.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Golden Tree

Best way to ship cuttings....

NO MOISTURE!!!!

Take LONG cuttings.....(gives the receiver a fighting chance of success) no point sending small dinky cuts! All that work all that time money and stress! Do it right! Send clones unto others...as you would like to receive clones yourself!)

NO dampened paper towel....over long periods of heat or cold (will eventually cause rot or the clones tissue to start breaking down into slime!)

Pack ONE cutting PER LARGE Zip lock bag....ONE PER BAG!!!! This prevents plant tissue to tissue contact and subsequent high moisture points and again subsequent tissue death!

Don’t be cheap or lazy....pack properly! Ship immediately and quickly! “Pay to play” mentality!

And IF YOU ARE SENDING DIRTY or TREATED clones that MAY BE hiding pests....LET THE RECEIVER KNOW!

Good luck!

Great thread!

Hugely important process!

USUALLY fucked up

Blessings

And return the favour! If you’re the only one with the genetics....good chance they’ll be lost at some point!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks.

I was going to send myself a few, but I guess packing them in different ways and putting them in a closet for 5 days with the odd Ace Ventura handling should give me accurate results.

Thesearch

Thanks.

I was going to send myself a few, but I guess packing them in different ways and putting them in a closet for 5 days with the odd Ace Ventura handling should give me accurate results.

:laughing:

I like the idea. I, personally, have never shipped a clone before but was always told to do it the wet paper towel unrooted way. Seems to be the way it's done on st rainly as well. Anyhow, for my situation I will be making a ton of clones so whatever doesn't make it isn't missed. This means my extras will be rooted or dead.

That said...

Gypsy said yes! :woohoo:
As long as it is within Canada and isn't being sold it's groovy. My shipping method will be in cloneshippers probably and you'll have to keep an eye out here or on my grow log posted in my signature. Thanks and happy growing!:dance013:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
:laughing:

I like the idea. I, personally, have never shipped a clone before but was always told to do it the wet paper towel unrooted way. Seems to be the way it's done on st rainly as well. Anyhow, for my situation I will be making a ton of clones so whatever doesn't make it isn't missed. This means my extras will be rooted or dead.

That said...

Gypsy said yes! :woohoo:
As long as it is within Canada and isn't being sold it's groovy. My shipping method will be in cloneshippers probably and you'll have to keep an eye out here or on my grow log posted in my signature. Thanks and happy growing!:dance013:

Woot!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
progress!...thanks for making the effort and taking the initiative search. im sure all of us cannadians appreciate it. :)

Bmac1

Veteran
Im on the mainland. This is a cool idea and glad Gypsy is on board. It would be really cool to have a Dark Horse type nursery set up here in Canada.

Latest posts

Latest posts