What's new

Oldtimer's Haze

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hanfiking said:
My 26F 6Ms are doing really well under the 125W (Blue) at the moment I'm getting a new RED 200W soon. and I haven't given them any nutes at all, I even starved them for a bit they didn't like that much but they made an amazing recovery within 2/3 days. I've been snapping the stems to keep growth low and stems thick leaves nice and bushy, and they seem to love it, responding well to everything!

EDIT: Does anyone have any good pre harvest shots of these strains???

Hello hanfiking,

great to hear 26x6 haze seedlings are growing fine. Fluoro is also a good option to sex haze from seed. Sativas grow under fluoros with moderate vigour and short internodes. HPS produces more heat peaks and more vigorous growing with long internodes.

Tropical sativas grown from seed would overgrow most indoor spaces before sex definition. It'd be perfect grow them under fluoros til sex definition and then move them under intense HPS light for flowering.

Best wishes for to all growers!

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Worm casting provides slowly adequate amount of Nitrogen for rest of flowering and guano provides P+K."
Hola dubi :wave:
I don´t put worm castings because the bat guano I use has an extra 2%N
A closer view: :D
P1162922.jpg

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
dubi said:
Hola herbalistic :)

Feeding tropical sativas like haze with excessive Nitrogen at the beginning of flowering would produce huge plants with lot of small branches, hard to light indoors.

N excess in early flowering also makes slower flowering reaction, not desirable when working with this kind of tropical genetics.

I'd recommend flower columnar haze clone with a few strong branches for at least 6-8 weeks under 11 light/ 13 darkness photoperiod, like raco is doing here (even smaller pot can also work too) :

Yeah, you hit the nail!! I didnt consider delay in start of flowering... .. .. .. . . .. . :bashhead:

dubi said:
Hello hanfiking,

great to hear 26x6 haze seedlings are growing fine. Fluoro is also a good option to sex haze from seed. Sativas grow under fluoros with moderate vigour and short internodes. HPS produces more heat peaks and more vigorous growing with long internodes.

Tropical sativas grown from seed would overgrow most indoor spaces before sex definition. It'd be perfect grow them under fluoros til sex definition and then move them under intense HPS light for flowering.

Best wishes for to all growers!

I agree 100 %. I veg all my plants with Nurturelite, or Envirolite and I must say they produce very healthy grow. It seems that the sprect is kinda perfect for plants and is you can have choose proper sprect for veg & flowering :yes:+ the fact that is helping me much -> they control strecth and make those short internodes!!

luminous

ive never used worm caseins? its worm shit right?

i use FFOF soil, which is pretty hot to start with, so ya think addin worm dung to it would be to much?

nice plant raco, mine always look real nice in veg and in flower up to about 10 weeks, and then everything comes unglued. im gonna go with what you guys are sayin, cause i aint had no luck on my own, lol.

ive tried many different remedies....noones ever said anythig about not usin liquid nutes on um. i have a few big ass pots, about 3ft diameter, only around 18 inches deep. wonder if those would work? damn, there goona take up some space.....and knock my plant count all to hell, lol.

great thread, im off to germ some fookin Haze, cant wait to give this a go:yes:

Last edited:

Scay Beez

luminous said:
ve never used worm caseins? its worm shit right?

i use FFOF soil, which is pretty hot to start with, so ya think addin worm dung to it would be to much?

nice plant raco, mine always look real nice in veg and in flower up to about 10 weeks, and then everything comes unglued. im gonna go with what you guys are sayin, cause i aint had no luck on my own, lol.

ive tried many different remedies....noones ever said anythig about not usin liquid nutes on um. i have a few big ass pots, about 3ft diameter, only around 18 inches deep. wonder if those would work? damn, there goona take up some space.....and knock my plant count all to hell, lol.

great thread, im off to germ some fookin Haze, cant wait to give this a go

I use only worm castings (worm $h!t), molasses, high-P bat guano (flower), and azomite (flower) on sensitive sativas. You could get away with using only worm castings in veg and part of flower. I don't use any nitrogen fixing bacteria because that will fix nitrogen too fast. Teas I dilute to about 1/10 - 1/15. Raco must either top dress or mix that high-N guano in the soil because there is not a single burnt tip in that pic (you are very skilled at growing sativas sir!). I've noticed some of your haze pics being extremely dark with some burnt tips, but overall perfect looking (despite too high N; doing good man). The FFOF is WAY too hot for sativas. I think sometimes the worm castings or compost that comes mixed in the soil it too strong for some babies (like buku's). Guano takes about a month to fully break down as well as granular or powdered glacial rock dust (azomite). You might wanna try top dressing with a small amount of P guano and azomite in flowering because both are very gentle release. Good to see you around, hope all is well. Hit me up if you need anything as always.

I'd love to hear how dubi and raco feed their sativas, looking killer guys.

peace,

- sbz

Limeygreen

Veteran
If the guano takes some time to breakdown, could it not be mixed in with your mix and left to sit like a compost pile and turned once in awhile to leech out any extra nitrogen that might harm the Sativas? Another thing I have wondered about is could you mix up the soil mix (if it has access to mycorrhiza, such as a pit dug in soil) and then set up a trap for the mycorrihiza and then using as normal for potting? Would this be beneficial for the sensitive sativas such as OldTimer's Haze?

Scay Beez

Limeygreen: Some of the guano is immediately available (the soluble %'s) and the insoluble parts break down over the period of about a month. Composting the guanos could make the compost too hot if too much is added. One could mix soil and compost to dilute it. Top dressing with some worm castings and finding out the proper amounts for the strain you are growing would be the easiest way to veg, IMO. Then adding small amounts of P-bat guano and azomite for flowering when the plant starts to put on buds would be one of the easiest ways, IMO. Then making sure all the guano is used up before the flush so it tastes oh so good.

Mycorhizae is fine and won't fix any plant nutrients too fast. It can be cultured in a pot, allowed to dry out, and its spores can be collected. There is a post about it in the organic fanatic collective thread in the organic soil forum.

Trichoderma harzianum and Voodoo Juice in particular are a little too much for sativas early in veg. The T. Harz is an accelerated vegetative growth microorganism (P-overfeed for sativas) and voodo juice contains a nitrogen fixer (N-overfeed for sativas).

- sbz

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hazes growing in pot, late october

Haze mother 1 growing guerrilla style, early november

Thai Koh Chang mother guerrilla, early november

C

charlie garcia

haze #1

haze #1

With your permission Dubi I will upload some close up details of Haze female #1, calyxes and trichs
best

chaingmai

That Thai is so sweet man!!! Is it from the island of Koh Chang??? That place is very beautiful and relaxing with plenty of great herb around. How does that one smoke?? I had some real good sativas there, nice reaxing contemplative high. Fire one up on the beach at sunset and chill.......

Heres some ssh , not a pure haze but super tripadelic none the less. I wanna try one of those more old school classic hazes but have not been lucky enough yet.... soon i hope!

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome pics!! :yoinks:
Here´s the indoor Haze #1,day 40 of 12/12

P2033065.jpg

she´s showing some hairs...Besides of those,the stalks have a "furryness" to them :D

P2033064.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thai Koh Chang

Thai Koh Chang

chaingmai said:
That Thai is so sweet man!!! Is it from the island of Koh Chang??? That place is very beautiful and relaxing with plenty of great herb around. How does that one smoke?? I had some real good sativas there, nice reaxing contemplative high. Fire one up on the beach at sunset and chill.......

Heres some ssh , not a pure haze but super tripadelic none the less. I wanna try one of those more old school classic hazes but have not been lucky enough yet.... soon i hope!

Hello Chaingmai,

Yes, thai came from Koh Chang island. A friend travelled there and brought a few seeds from best local weed he found. He sent me clones from non hermie females, thai koh chang has been in the mother room for past 5 years.

She's extremely slow flowering, even slower than Oldtimer's Haze, but finished product is excellent, strong sour spicy and lemony aromas, long lasting introspective and psychedelic but warm effect.

I hope you enjojed your visit to the island. Sounds like a lovely place to relax.

Thanks raco and charlie for haze pics! :smile:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
arjanz hays said:
Are any hermie traits still present?

Oldtimer's Haze is completly hermie free, rare in a tropical line.

Koh Chang thai mother is also hermie free. We have finished her a few times and never seen bannanas or male flowers.

chaingmai

Sounds Cool Dubi and thanx for the response, how do you think the oldtimer would do inside? maybe 12/12 from seed? I was also thinking of doing lots of LSt?? How trippy is the high? Thanx man

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
chaingmai said:
Sounds Cool Dubi and thanx for the response, how do you think the oldtimer would do inside? maybe 12/12 from seed? I was also thinking of doing lots of LSt?? How trippy is the high? Thanx man

Hello Chaingmai,

lovely pics :smile: thanks for share them!

Honestly, Oldtimer's Haze wouldn't be our recommendation for a sinsemilla indoor grow. We recommend indoor haze cycles for preservation projects (pure haze seeds production) or hybrid seed production.

Oldtimer's Hazes produces best results when grown at tropical/subtropical latitude, greenhouse would be recommended for more temperate latitudes.

She's an extreme tropical line, quite inbred. She's quite powerful in pure form, especially if you find correct parental plants. Effect as described before is energetic, introspective and psychedelic.

Her true potential appears when outcrossing concrete haze parental plants with other different inbred lines. Potency, vigour and yield increase a lot thanks to hybrid vigour. And flowering times and indoor adaptability can be improve easily.