What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Haze

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info on growing indoors, dubi. :respect:

Unfortunetly, this is the only way many of us will be able to enjoy this strain. When I do grow it out, I'm sure I'll cross it w/ something to help tame it for indoor. In the meantime, I'll glean as much info as I can from intrepid growers running this! My best wishes to you all!

luminous, any chance of some pics? Bless you for your patience! :D:yes:

ker2noir

All these infos about haze#1 are so interresting. :jump:
If i will grow it, i will make an indoor sex selection, taking clones and will grow some outside, starting end of june.
In my area, no rain :badday: :muahaha: So it's better to work with sativa. Early september rains (rare since 2-3 years) just produce mold on the indica. After :rasta: Indian summer
I hope i will grow a super Oldtimer's haze girl, and that i will taste with my volcano. :D
Really can't wait to see customers rewiews :rasta:
Accurate informations, as always..... :pimp3: :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day all!

luminous, you are right. There are extreme tropical expressions inside haze line (5-10%) that refused to flower like her sisters or lacked completly of vigour or adaptability. Of course, we didn't use this kind of parental plants for our reproductions but sometimes similar expressions can pop.

What haze line are you growing? How is purple and green phenotype ratio?

Best wishes for end of flowering. Patience, observing and constant work are best virtues of the farmer.

Hello highlighter and ker2noir! I'm sure, one day you'll enjoy Oldtimer's haze!
I'm curious to hear your opinions.

luminous

dubi said:
Good day all!

luminous,
What haze line are you growing? How is purple and green phenotype ratio?

no purples in the OT1 line, have been growin THOHaze for sometime, and most times get 1 or 2 purps outta 10. did another gen with the THOHaze, and was tryin to get more purple, and last run i had 3 purple plants in 10.

currently have a Purple haze X screme cross goin, and so far have one purple outta 2 plants that are 9 weeks, and 4 more at different stages of flower. the cross with the screme line added frost, and density to the haze, but the plants are haze dom in growth.

Dubi, have you ever come across a dense hard haze bud? theres some pics in my gallery, dont have enough posts to show um in a thread. think they were at 4weeks or so, ill get some new pics loaded, and post up the OT1 plants as well.

have more of the OT1 haze, and will outcross next go and see how they do. never had much luck with original haze indoors, usually around 14 weeks i start to lose control of um. id bet they need much bigger pots.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
luminous said:
no purples in the OT1 line, have been growin THOHaze for sometime, and most times get 1 or 2 purps outta 10. did another gen with the THOHaze, and was tryin to get more purple, and last run i had 3 purple plants in 10.

currently have a Purple haze X screme cross goin, and so far have one purple outta 2 plants that are 9 weeks, and 4 more at different stages of flower. the cross with the screme line added frost, and density to the haze, but the plants are haze dom in growth.

Dubi, have you ever come across a dense hard haze bud? theres some pics in my gallery, dont have enough posts to show um in a thread. think they were at 4weeks or so, ill get some new pics loaded, and post up the OT1 plants as well.

have more of the OT1 haze, and will outcross next go and see how they do. never had much luck with original haze indoors, usually around 14 weeks i start to lose control of um. id bet they need much bigger pots.

Good day luminous,

it's rare you didnt find more purple expressions in your oldtimer's hazes. Usually they appear with same or more frequency than green phenos.

I have never seen pure haze hard flowers, only in haze hybrids, mainly crossed with skunk or indica genes. Pure haze has classic tropical sativa flower formation: fluffy voluminous foxtails. Haze tropical flowers are correctly aerated and almost immune against mold, they can resist heaviest rains and wettest conditions.

Haze x Scream looks very interesting for early flowering. Please, feel free to post your Oldtimer's haze pics too. Best wishes for end of flowering.

G

luminous said:

are you growing HHFs Haze or the real Spannish brothers, Ace Collectives OT1 Haze .

luminous

hibernia said:
are you growing HHFs Haze or the real Spannish brothers, Ace Collectives OT1 Haze .

gifted seed from HHF.

Dubi, ill get some picks of um, checkin um last night looks like i lost another, as it just shriveled up. imagine there root bound pretty good. should have upcanned around 7 weeks. definitly my fault.

there definitly not the easiest plants to grow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
luminous said:
gifted seed from HHF.

Dubi, ill get some picks of um, checkin um last night looks like i lost another, as it just shriveled up. imagine there root bound pretty good. should have upcanned around 7 weeks. definitly my fault.

there definitly not the easiest plants to grow.

Hello luminous,

sure Haze is not the easiest plant to grow indoors. We recommend flower haze clones in small pots for first 1.5 months of flowering to reduce excessive elongation. When stretching stops, then move plants to bigger pots so they can recover health and finish flowering correctly, absorving most nutrients from soil and not from liquid fertilizers. Tropical sativas' root system is quite active even during advanced flowering.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haze #1,this afternoom :D
3 weeks of 12/12 and still no hairs...my guess is that she still needs 3 more weeks :rasta:
P1162920.jpg

luminous

Raco said:
Haze #1,this afternoom :D
3 weeks of 12/12 and still no hairs...my guess is that she still needs 3 more weeks :rasta:

mine took 5/6 weeks under 11/13 to start makin pistils. 2 plants never did flip, culled um after 13/15 weeks, cant remember exactly anymore.

C

charlie garcia

Hi folks, lookiing great Lum and Raco

They are not the easiest plants due its long flowering and root development. I got some very nice response using "microrrizas", sorry dont knwo english word but are some root bacterials which can help a lot. Also the use of natural guanos seem to be loved by them.

Colours in buds can be not so evident when indoors. A little drop in temps will show them easely. Anyway, some Haze females resembling more lets call it asiatic phenotypes (female #18) will not show colours being leaves lime green and flowers in blond tones like shown by Luminous.

best luck

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
luminous said:
heres some shots of the 2 that have made it to the 19 wk mark.

Hello luminous,

Thanks for upload your pics. Not sure if your haze plants switched to flowering mode correctly. Looks like they are still forming flowers more than maturing them.... Budsite pic showes leaf curl, it is a classic problem when growing tropical sativas indoors caused by N excess or lack of light intensity.

luminous

they have been flowerin like that for a long time. and yeah the leaf curl is to much N most likely, but i took it real easy on um.

indoors they are tough. ill try a large pot, 5gals or more like you said above.

take care

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola everyone!!!!

What you think Dubi, would it be an good idea for fix that nitrogen od in late flowering by giving excess N in early stages. Hmm... Let´s say for 6 - 8 weeks since swithching / modifying the lightcycle and then systemically drop it and increase the P + K dosage in the same rate you are dropping the N? This way you could stop the plant from dropping it´s leaf´s, because of lack of N in early flowering / start of flowering, but it will not bring those extra weeks in the game, but the buds would maybe start to fill up "in time"...

I think this would be something worth trying Luminous!

BTW Luminous, do you flower your Haze plants right under your HPS? I know what Dubi said about the light intensity, but if this is the case you could maybe try to put them little aside from the HPS. This way those buds could maybe fatten up a little... I have had similar experiences with sativa/haze dominant hybrids, they just dont fill up properly if they are right under the HPS, but would need to put little aside if you want "filled nugs"!!

Just quessing & trying to help, I know I definitely will do little comparing when I finally grow this line. At least one fem under HPS & another a little side from it to reveal her personal preferences :D

This or that, take care guys :wave:

luminous

Hola herb, when i first started growin Haze indoors, i was gettin real spikey buds, shoots would just pop outta the bud and grow like all get out. never buddin up, just hairs.

was told it was to much N, to close/far from the lamp, and not enough lamp. seems now after a few grows, its the damn Nitro, also the leaf curll is to much nutes, which from what im gettin they need a big ass pot, and dont nute um at all.

i start seein the lower leaf yellowin, and give um a light dose, and its down hill from there.

the OT1 haze, imo is a dang jungle sativa, hehe. i dont mean that in a bad way, its what i refer to as a wild growin, untamed sativa. which doesnt respond well to indoor OPs, its a outdoor plant, meant for the tropics, those funky light cycles.

ive seen others do real well with um, and if above ground with a OP i could stand up in, i bet id get a better lookin plant. giant pots i cant do, as i only have 4ft headspace, and the cans i use are already 12 inches tall.

the plants when flowered i start under the lamp, but as they stretch i have to move to the side, so most all the flowerin has been off to the side with um.

take care

luminous

also Herb check out that second plant, almost every limb is leanin at the light, seems it wants the light??

i think alot of it for me is underground, just not a good enviorment for um.

your input is very much appreciated bro, as always:D

Hola charlie:wave:

hanfiking

My 26F 6Ms are doing really well under the 125W (Blue) at the moment I'm getting a new RED 200W soon. and I haven't given them any nutes at all, I even starved them for a bit they didn't like that much but they made an amazing recovery within 2/3 days. I've been snapping the stems to keep growth low and stems thick leaves nice and bushy, and they seem to love it, responding well to everything!

EDIT: Does anyone have any good pre harvest shots of these strains???

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Herbalistic said:
Hola everyone!!!!

What you think Dubi, would it be an good idea for fix that nitrogen od in late flowering by giving excess N in early stages. Hmm... Let´s say for 6 - 8 weeks since swithching / modifying the lightcycle and then systemically drop it and increase the P + K dosage in the same rate you are dropping the N? This way you could stop the plant from dropping it´s leaf´s, because of lack of N in early flowering / start of flowering, but it will not bring those extra weeks in the game, but the buds would maybe start to fill up "in time"...

Hola herbalistic :)

Feeding tropical sativas like haze with excessive Nitrogen at the beginning of flowering would produce huge plants with lot of small branches, hard to light indoors.

N excess in early flowering also makes slower flowering reaction, not desirable when working with this kind of tropical genetics.

I'd recommend flower columnar haze clone with a few strong branches for at least 6-8 weeks under 11 light/ 13 darkness photoperiod, like raco is doing here (even smaller pot can also work too) :

Raco said:

Haze will stretch moderately, maybe losing some color and leaf. After stop stretching and define budsites (aprox 6-8 weeks of flowering), then put haze clone to bigger pot with new soil mixed with good worm casting and guano in polm form. Worm casting provides slowly adequate amount of Nitrogen for rest of flowering and guano provides P+K.

After repot, Haze reacts recovering health and vigour, stretching a little but not too much, she now focus energy to form flowers and not in the structure. Then reduce flowering photoperiod to 10 light/14 darkness. Now Haze clone has lot of new nutrients from organic source, and a healthy soil with correct PH not saturated with salts to finish a correct flowering. Haze usually needs 12-14 weeks to form volimonous flowers and 4-6 weeks more for maturation.

As you said, Haze is an 'untamed' tropical sativa for indoor growing. :D

Last edited: