What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

spoores

One year by friend totally dont know what exactly probably seed from plant
But even if she had cca 1/2 direct sun , surprised alot i think this was really good ww :) taste was bit rude, but also some not so good fertilizers used . Buds were not much resistant and pretty big.
picture(12).jpg
picture(10).jpg
picture(9).jpg

NotCookies503

I'm just not so convinced that Black Widow is the exact same as the original GHS offering. I know Shanti says it is, but I've read and heard mixed reviews on it.

I know there's lots of WW offerings from many different companies. The ones I have are from late 90's GHS stock so mostly looking for feedback, knowledge, or pics from that. Seems not a lot of people here remember it.
The problem is even the same parents making seeds will not push out exact replicas. You will find different phenos, not to mention Shanti chose a breeding path with picking certain traits he wanted to keep over the years which left out all the original phenos he didn’t pick. Same situation with SSH, feels watered down over the years sadly. With all that said, you will find a keeper in Shanti’s black widow but might take a couple 15 packs to sift through. IMO, ALMOST all strains on the market have enough pheno variation that you need to sift through for the gem. Not saying most of the seeds if not all will be dank to the majority but I’m not growing for the majority lol. Sorry, I started rambling…. This NL5haze has me racing lol

I love peoples takes on this though, please share yours. I love the diversity. Much love 🤟🏽

kro-magnon

Veteran
The problem is even the same parents making seeds will not push out exact replicas. You will find different phenos, not to mention Shanti chose a breeding path with picking certain traits he wanted to keep over the years which left out all the original phenos he didn’t pick. Same situation with SSH, feels watered down over the years sadly. With all that said, you will find a keeper in Shanti’s black widow but might take a couple 15 packs to sift through. IMO, ALMOST all strains on the market have enough pheno variation that you need to sift through for the gem. Not saying most of the seeds if not all will be dank to the majority but I’m not growing for the majority lol. Sorry, I started rambling…. This NL5haze has me racing lol

I love peoples takes on this though, please share yours. I love the diversity. Much love 🤟🏽
I have not seen anything coming close to the original WW in Mr Nice seeds since a very long time, in fact all the grows with their seeds have been disappointing for me and my friends. I think he's milking his past glory days without delivering anything of quality anymore.

need4weed

Veteran
Remarkably it looks like the widow I grew all the way back in 1996 when I had my first visit to the Dam, purchased some seeds of ww and gave them to my best mate when I got back to Australia. He grew them out and I remember them being Christmas tree structure. The outdoor picture on DP website looks just like it. I wonder if they acquired the original parents and are offering true F1s ?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Remarkably it looks like the widow I grew all the way back in 1996 when I had my first visit to the Dam, purchased some seeds of ww and gave them to my best mate when I got back to Australia. He grew them out and I remember them being Christmas tree structure. The outdoor picture on DP website looks just like it. I wonder if they acquired the original parents and are offering true F1s ?
I chated with their head breeder...he seems fine guy and he had lots of infos about their lineages and plants overall.
While WW isnt their original strain DP made lots of work on their WWidow its from original stock but prefered traits selected by Dutch Passion.
They are proud on their WW with Mazar and Orange Bud its one of their famous and most buyed strain till now.

LostTribe

Premium user
Think I have DP WW x Fdm #1 rev I havent had anybody test...

This WW mom from the fem was extremely similar to the version I got in 2002. The C99 was a reveresed fruity one.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
I chated with their head breeder...he seems fine guy and he had lots of infos about their lineages and plants overall.
While WW isnt their original strain DP made lots of work on their WWidow its from original stock but prefered traits selected by Dutch Passion.
They are proud on their WW with Mazar and Orange Bud its one of their famous and most buyed strain till now.
@CannaT I see they offer orange bud and california orange as two different offerings. I'm wondering what the difference is between them

KlausFischer

I remeber the original White Widow, that was such a hard hitting Indica, that was unbelievable.
@HEMPY you are totaly wrong, at this time there where no Seedbank who sold them.

After one Bong, the Lady let you fall into sleep.
Don't tell me such shit aka its have a sativa in it.

KlausFischer

I did a lot of research on the white widow in the late 90s and it lead me to shantibaba and to CannabisWorld were he had a forum were i finally joined the online community the research did not lead me to Ingemar.

Ingemar was a grower he supplied GHS with flower he was given a clone of the WW to supply flowers of it to GHS along with other lines.

I will bet that Ingemar or Arjan have no clue of any of the plants that went into the WW development and the WW male is what is used in the white family line.

Not all WW seeds flower at 10 weeks some go much longer.
You're research was crap.
The Original White Widow only use 8-9 Weeks not more.
Did you ever Grow them?
We Grow them, it was an hard hitting Indica nothing more.

Last edited:

NotCookies503

Did you ever Breed them?
We breed them, it was an hard hitting Indica nothing more.
Pics of your breeding?
Did you ever Breed them?
We breed them, it was an hard hitting Indica nothing more.
Do we get to see any pics of your breeding or your ww?

need4weed

Veteran
Its just as it is Ind/sat hybrid very uniform strain.
Iv got keeper its all musky lemons...taste vise one of the best tasting strain I have atm. Close to Bruce and this modern stuff....pure musky lime bit green apple...
High is very clear at begining and very energetic later it become pure bliss...
Extrem resistency on heat,pests...fast rooting.

Overall I think its one of the best cutting I have right now.
@CannaT Is there much indica in the effects? I'm liking the sound of this strain