What's new

OH MAN!! Kids These Days In America.....

kolah

I. Ronny? ah..huh.

BTW, it was meant to be a joke....I guess you could call it an ironic joke. :)

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
kids cease to be human when they become teens; if they're lucky, they become humans again, but that's not the case for most.

the really lucky ones never cease to be humans though.

kolah

i maid et to 4st grade no prob n know i gro de weed for big $

mani thnax to el mi teechers!

supherbb

kids cease to be human when they become teens; if they're lucky, they become humans again, but that's not the case for most.

the really lucky ones never cease to be humans though.

I lost my humanity as a teen, was a fun time...

I'm back now. Sorry for the damages.

Snoopster

Veteran
I. Ronny? ah..huh.

BTW, it was meant to be a joke....I guess you could call it an ironic joke. :)

my bad

A friend's kid writes like that on purpose. Then he reverts to proper English and gets straight A's. It drives me nuts.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
my bad

A friend's kid writes like that on purpose. Then he reverts to proper English and gets straight A's. It drives me nuts.

on the other hand,

cucumbers taste better pickled, or so I've heard.

also, if you over-cook peanuts in the oven, they easily burn.

you know?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
how come you guys like posting news articles but you don't like posting the link so we can go read it too? not that i don't believe this is a real article but i like to do my own research.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how come you guys like posting news articles but you don't like posting the link so we can go read it too? not that i don't believe this is a real article but i like to do my own research.

Copy the first few lines of the story and Google it up :comfort:

mrcreosote

Veteran
A most interesting article by Reggie Middleton on this subject of education and why we are where we are today. At first, the articles title equating the destruction/ theft of capital as caused by our educational system will seem preposterous to many but, as most original thinkers do, he requires the reader to face a reality that most seem to want to ignore in favor of vague platitudes on egalitarianism.

I fully expect his ideas will be more resonant with older readers who have (luckily) have not been subjected to the full onslaught of 'groupthink' that has become the currency of our modern educational system and dangerously heretical to those younger readers as well those vested with an ideological rejection of what I would call the hard facts of history and the use of economic power.

http://boombustblog.com/blog/item/5...e-consequent-bust-and-prevents-rapid-recovery

I do believe Reggie has put his finger on the button that should be a 'reset' in our thinking on education, both private and public.
I also believe that those of us with an entrepreneurial bent, legal or otherwise, really do see the world differently than those otherwise inclined to avoid risk (at least in an economic sense).

Reggie's proposition may find a better reception here at IC as many risk legal sanction for engaging in our horticultural pursuits and thereby usually have considered a cost assessment analysis by defying the ruling elite. The Elites presence is not a vague amorphous entity but a real clear and present danger to their wealth and liberty insofar as current existing law. It behooves us to have clear thing individuals in the seats of power to alter the current group-think that is the core cause of the state we find ourselves in today.

Whatever your views, there is much food for thought here.

Last edited:
G

guest8905

imho saying kids are dumb b/c they score lower than other countries in standardized testing doesnt really equate. Standardized testing is the pitfall of the education system in this country imo and should be banned.

anybody remember 'star' testing in high school circa mid 90's? It was a mandatory test given throughout the state to find out where we stood on the education ladder compared to our peers in other parts of the state/nation.

We were told these tests did and did not matter. They did matter in a sense they would give the impression of how the school was doing academically, they DIDNT matter though b/c the results in no way impacted our grades.

The tests were given their own days of the year and when we finished the test we could go home early

What do you think my friends and I did? we all just filled in the multiple choice answers as fast as we could, knowing the results of our mischief and utter lack of caring would in no way affect our good standing grades in school. We went home smoked a bowl chilled and laughed at how the system was so far off from grasping the real stats our school had to offer.

imo its the way teachers, parents, and kids approach learning, and what is important to learn, that will drive us to a better education system. That and getting rid of all the bureaucracy and needless lackies that make up school boards and school district boards

imho saying kids are dumb b/c they score lower than other countries in standardized testing doesnt really equate. Standardized testing is the pitfall of the education system in this country imo and should be banned.

I agree that the two do not necessarily correlate.For two weeks prior to taking this standerized 'testing',the students are drilled with the answers to said tests.How's that for contradiction?

The justification for this,as it was explained to me,is to secure state and federal funding.I think I'd prefer that they just stick to teaching the curriculum as opposed to what amounts to cheating.The educational system and archaic approach to teaching that many teachers take needs overhauled from the ground up.

Blue Ribbon school rankings is a farce

B

bench warmer

December 12th, 2012 :clock watch: :wave:

Start spending your Xmas money now. :bigeye:

"No Child Left Behind" :abduct:

:hide:

:Bolt:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts