What's new

OH MAN!! Kids These Days In America.....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Are we raising the stupidest generation in American history? The statistics that you are about to read below are incredibly shocking...

They indicate that U.S. high school students are basically as dumb as a rock. you will be absolutely amazed at the things that U.S. high school students do not know. At this point, it is really hard to argue that the U.S. education system is a success.....

Our children are spoiled and lazy, our schools do not challenge them and students in Europe and in Asia routinely outperform our students very badly on standardized tests.....

*Only 43 percent of all U.S. high school students knew that the Civil War was fought some time between 1850 and 1900.

*Only 60 percent of all U.S. students knew that World War I was fought some time between 1900 and 1950.

*More than a quarter of all U.S. high school students thought that Christopher Columbus made his famous voyage across the Atlantic Ocean after the year 1750.

Even more shocking were the results of a survey of Oklahoma high school students conducted back in 2009. The following is a list of the questions that were asked and the percentage of students that answered correctly....

What is the supreme law of the land? 28 percent

What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution? 26 percent

What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress? 27 percent

How many justices are there on the Supreme Court? 10 percent

Who wrote the Declaration of Independence? 14 percent

What ocean is on the east coast of the United States? 61 percent

What are the two major political parties in the United States? 43 percent

We elect a U.S. senator for how many years? 11 percent

Who was the first President of the United States? 23 percent

Who is in charge of the executive branch? 29 percent

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
its only going to get worse as well if we leave it up to the state to educate our kids,,

intelligent citizens arent useful to governments,,

the standard in britain is the lowest i thought possible at the moment and just like the us its getting worse generation after generation,, the curriculums are all crap..

people need to be skilled and the education systems and universities dont teach skills for the most part,, we need more appreticeships,,

so many millions of graduates never had a possible future,, the maths just dont add up,,

the education system is rotten to the core.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Are schools really as bad as they were portrayed in the wire? (part written by former teacher)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very few teachers now days really care about teaching anymore ... its another job to them that they want to get home from ASAP .

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's cool to be dumbass in the USA now. If you do good in school you're a "nerd" or "geek" or "overachiever". Some kid in Chicago was beaten to death because he was "nerd".

They ought to triple the size of the Department of Education. Rename it the Department of Pavlovian Education. Throw trillions of fiat dollars at the problem. Double down on what we've been doing for the past 30 years.

Problem fixed no doubt.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And remember Krunch, when you and I are in our "golden" years, these genius's are going to be running the country LMAO!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
And remember Krunch, when you and I are in our "golden" years, these genius's are going to be running the country LMAO!

I feel ya! :tiphat:

I have my daughter in a Private Christian School, specifically to prevent her from being part of this "statistic"....

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you and newt can have fun...

If they didn't make you pee I'd devote my life to teaching....

dank.Frank

med_breeder

The teachers around here, only teach what is on the standardized tests.

If funding is based on a student's scores, what did they think would happen?

C

Chong_Irie

I think the documentary "Waiting For Superman" shows that even "good" schools in the suburbs have kids scoring real low but the schools stats are boosted up because of the very high scorers.

I think the main thing is YOU as a parent have to devote time to helping your kid. Take them to a museum or national park, shit do something involving the non cyber world.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
1. What is the supreme law of the land?

You know uhhh... that thing that has been trampled on for the last 60 years...

2. What do we call the first ten amendments to the Constitution?

The bill of rights ... which are guaranteed unless it is a inconvenience to the government, in which case, refer to answer in answer #1

3. What are the two parts of the U.S. Congress?

The lazy and the ignorant. (however both are equally applicable)

4. How many justices are there on the Supreme Court?

Id say about 800 years of ignorance and close minded biased assholes...

5. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

Patriots who would have cut the balls off and murdered every clown that is currently in political power today...

6. What ocean is on the east coast of the United States?

The one that will hopefully swallow washington DC with a massive tidal wave...

7. What are the two major political parties in the United States?

The pussies and the dicks...

8. We elect a U.S. senator for how many years?

Like a proctologist would say ... just another asshole in the rotation.

9. Who was the first President of the United States?

Refer to answer #5

10. Who is in charge of the executive branch?

Refer to answer #8

IS IT ANY WONDER WHY THE KIDS NO LONGER GIVE A SHIT? I DONT BLAME THE CHILDREN. I BLAME A LONG CORRUPT SYSTEM THAT NO LONGER IS IN ANY SORT OF CHECK AND IS LEFT TO OPERATE AT WILL....

supherbb

I hate statistics like these, really makes the future seem dark knowing things like this. I guess it's all part of the plan, "dumb them down and destroy them."

Latest posts

Latest posts