What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG s1 x GSC + Chem D x GSC Testers

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi all, here's a few shots of the OG s1 x GSC at around 28 days flowering.

Heads started developing at about three weeks and they're starting to develop calyxes now. Temps have been quite low recently so this may have slowed down bud onset slightly, and has also brought out some pretty colours, particularly in the Chem D x GSC.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Few shots of Chem D x GSC, starting to develop those deep purple cookie leaves. I'll be cutting out N altogether over the next few days and will just feed bloom nutrients until the last three weeks to give that early fade and clean white ash flavour.

Cuts have rooted on all but one of the OG phenos and two of the Chem D phenos. Fingers crossed for the rest!

Peace

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one piff,,,,,
looking really good,,,,
and your a brave man using bios fish mix !!,,plants love it but what a nasty stink lol,,,,s2

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
nice one piff,,,,,
looking really good,,,,
and your a brave man using bios fish mix !!,,plants love it but what a nasty stink lol,,,,s2

Thanks s2 mate!

You're right it does have a funky odour, the worst thing was when my cat got a whiff of it and decided to pierce the bottle resulting in a puddle of fishy stink all over the carpet! BASTARD.

Peace

ForTheLove

Veteran
Your gals starting to show us abit' of the good stuff Piff.....Niiiice!
Happy ladies - i does like the old funky fish mix to!
I really like the look of the og S1 leaf ridges, shape, serration etc nice og traits from my lil experience of og hybrids.
That chemd cookies thats purpling up already - she gona be NIOR mate, when i ran the forum cut it only stared to shade up bout wk 5 onwards (but that was summer) & she went full on dark purple by wk 9.5!
Defiantly going to be some very unique dank coming from either of these 2 crosses mate.

PLR&£

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Thanks FTL! Yeah I remember your cookies pics. Absolutely beautiful!

Don't know much about ojd's OG s1 mother but it looks to have passed on the distinctive OG leaf traits as you've noticed. Hopefully it also passes some OG flavs and potency and we're laughing!

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Quick update at about 6 weeks. Here are four of the six Chem D x GSC phenos. Pics of the others to follow as my battery died mid way unfortunately.

Starting to look and smell really interesting! Strong Chem aromas coming from all but with an underlying sweetness not found in the chem hybrids I've run in the past. Distinct cookie colours taking over most of the phenos now. Really excited to see these develop over the next month or so.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here we have four of the six OG s1 x GSC phenos. These seem to be stacking buds in a similar way to cookies, incredibly dense golfball heads rather than long slender colas. I imagine the Chem D hybrids will yield a bit more but at this stage the resin content and aromas are pretty similar.

They're really starting to set themselves apart from each other now and their individual traits are shining through. All the clones of the OG hybrids have rooted so all these are backed up which I'm very happy about. Thanks again ojd!

Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey pif
looking real frosty
these og kush cookies look to be more on the smaller side of the yield but looking dank
some real frost on those pics you posted
i would be taking these at 9 at the earliest, even 10 if you can hold on
the og kush mother looks ready at 7 but need the extra 2 weeks to gain more resin and yield

chat soon

peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by bro! Yeah I'll be waiting at least ten weeks to take these down, may even go 11 with some of them depending on how they blow up over the next few weeks.

I'm not worried about yield to be honest, always knew they weren't going to be monsters due to the cookie genetics but the Chem D hybrids are definitely surprising me with how well they're stacking. The frost on all plants is incredible at this stage, some of them have fully coated fans already. I'm really impressed with the appearance of all the phenos no duds or runts. Props man!

Peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bro
good to hear your going to atleast 10 week
the potency is going to be very strong on these og kush cookies
the og kush mothers adds crazy amounts of resin

yeah the chem d cookies are stacking real nice, you got a pick of a pack when you finished so maybe you will try them, plus deff got those triangle kush cookies for you, they are going to be insane
i just popped some last week, couldnt resist

chat soon

peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Looks like Christmas is coming again for me with these plants to chop in January and potentially more CSG fire to get through in the New Year! Thanks man, really appreciate the offer and can't wait to see what else you've been working on. You must have a crew of elves helping you this time of year as it sounds like you've been maaad busy!

I got 6 Chem D x Cookies in there along side the OG hybrids but may actually go for another pack of the Chem D Cookies as I'm so impressed with how the testers are looking I wouldn't mind pheno hunting a few more packs. But TK x Cheesedog is a must. Plus some Triangle Cookies. You got so much fire it's going to be tough to pick!

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Just done a resin rub on all the phenos and my my, from smells alone looks like there's going to be multiple keepers!

There's a pheno that has popped up in both the OG and Chem D hybrids that is the funkiest strongest dankest OG like smell I've ever smelt. Like more OG than OG. Must be coming from the cookies side as it's popped up in both lines. Let's hope it translates into the taste when smoked.

Pics to come shortly.

Peace

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Awesome Piff! I too, am getting that dank rank smell as well in my OG x GSC hybrids... Very, very strong smelling.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Awesome Piff! I too, am getting that dank rank smell as well in my OG x GSC hybrids... Very, very strong smelling.

I've never smoked or smelt a cut of cookies before so can't compare it to that, but it is a distinct OG smell that's apparent in lots of OG hybrids I've tried before, but just seems x100 in strength!

Would you describe it as an OG smell Bobbo? Not lemony or piney but super strong petrol fuel combined with biting into an under ripe cooking apple? That's how I'd describe it!

Peace

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I've never smoked or smelt a cut of cookies before so can't compare it to that, but it is a distinct OG smell that's apparent in lots of OG hybrids I've tried before, but just seems x100 in strength!

Would you describe it as an OG smell Bobbo? Not lemony or piney but super strong petrol fuel combined with biting into an under ripe cooking apple? That's how I'd describe it!

Peace

Morning Piff. I also have never run, or smoked any type of cookie. I was gifted an OG#18 from a friend, but it was sickly. I was first starting to grow, and I don't think I gave her the true representation of what she could be. My #5 kind of has a hint of lemony pine-ness, with that overpowering ranky, pungent-skunk weed swank almost. Hmm, I don't think I am getting a strong fuel smell though. Maybe we are talking different pheno's. I had my friend over the other night to help me, I had him smell #3, #4, #5-but he too has a hard time of picking up certain scents that translate into everyday smells. I showed him they were all the same strain, but could lean different ways-toward the OG, or toward the cookie side. #3, #4, #5 all have a rankness to them. #3, being sweet smelling-with a sweet rank. I haven't smelt #4, #1 or #2 much yet.

Are you getting a kind of sweet smell from any of your OGs1 x GSC hybrids?