What's new

og raskal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Hey everybody! Lets rehash the old 'what's a real breeder' argument in every single thread about breeders! That will inevitably lead to a lot of productive conversation........

Who really cares what we call Raskal or Sam or whoever else makes seeds and distributes them. Isn't the point here to talk about the genetics and what they are like?

Call them all 'seed makers' if its going to make you butthurt about the word breeder. Who cares. Lets talk about the qualities of the genetics and not be caught up in the personalities that produce them.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Lets talk about the qualities of the genetics and not be caught up in the personalities that produce them.

Cha-ching... we have a winner!

I've said it before ... in what other industry are plant breeders celebrities?

It should be more about the plants themselves- but in this industry it's always about the people and how 'cool' they are and not about the plant. So many in this industry want to make it about themselves, when cannabis does all the work!

To quote Shantibaba: "Less people more plants"......

-Chimera

true grit

Veteran
Like I said, don't call him a breeder if it doesn't fit your description- thats why I said his "crosses" to make you happy but plain and simple- yes, cuts from his gear have been some of the best around for a bit homie. Sadly a lotta folks don't get to grow the hard to get cuts from his gear (a. due to limited pack drops, b. hoarding of winners from those limited drops)...regardless most packs have flame.

Definitely some great breeders out the there but the fact is simple, start with 2 elites, give the grower a selection of all fems and odds are those crosses will toss a bit more flame than the average breeder crossing this and that to a select male (often what the breeder is interested, not the grower's interest) giving the grower a M/F selection of breeders choice. Does it mean one is doing more work, yes. Does that mean they throw more flame? Not necessarily. He just knows to pick what folks want and milk it from there.

I don't necessarily think OGR has a hard job, def does very well off his name, can def be a baby about ish but guess what- I still have certain cuts from his gear that smoke most elites that pass through my garden.

And OG.gotti- do believe some of those are my pics of OGR gear and the 3rd pic (on the red thing) is a Lemon Larry f2 from manic btw.

bigAl25

Veteran
I need to say it again, his strawberry bubba kush seeds, allowed me to grow some of the best weed/ganja i have smoked in the past 40 years. That is a job very well done, and I had 13 seeds in my $100 pack, a great deal for good femmed seeds. If you can get them, I suggest you buy them. Peace and respect.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the hate is strong in this thread.

I havent grown any of his seeds but i have grown a bunch of Fire OG from clone and that shit was, well, fire...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would also add Kaiki to that list.. Im no breeder thats for sure but I can pollen chuck with the best of them lol.. Find a fire female and a fire male you to can be called a breeder lol..

watts

ohms
Veteran
raskal is a punk ass bitch i know that. Some of his crosses are real good. He's had a few that didn't turn out very well. It's hit or miss since he doesn't really do test grows or post pics much. He's got himself banned on every forum pretty much.

C

cvk

Again! I ask what has he bred?? Nada! nuthin! He takes elites and makes fems and then sells them with little to no testing. How is that breeding on any level. He has def made it possible for the aveage guys to get great gear and elite genetics. He has but changed the game out West?? You are smokin sumthin other than his gear! Like the post above so clearly illustrates.....

I've grown out his strawberry(KKSC)bubba kush(pre98) twice now.

Which of these did he breed again?? Was it the Kyle Kushman Starwberry or the Bubba Kush?? I get so confused with all the stuff he breeds that it is hard to keep up. So please name the handful of cuts he bred that are now considered elites??

Who knows he probably bred the cuts he used on his fems and crosses. And if you think OGR was really gonna give up the secret to what cuts he used, to cut his own throat? He would want you to believe he used the KKSC X Pre 98 Bubba. If you dont already know how the seed biz goes then keep believing what you read. If it was as easy as you say then everyone would have equal or better versions of his S1's or crosses. There are at least hundreds of growers trying to duplicate his seeds. Lots have tried but have come up short, and thats includes breeders that used his gear to breed with. I grew his Strawberry Bubba alongside Dank House's Strawberry Bubba and there was no comparison, OGR's hands down was better in both yield, taste and potency. Dank House's SB is by no means a pushover and was very nice as well, OGRs was just better. I like Karma's attempts to improve OGR's gear as well but I give the edge to OGR's White Fire anyday

W

Womble

Hey everybody! Lets rehash the old 'what's a real breeder' argument in every single thread about breeders! That will inevitably lead to a lot of productive conversation........

Who really cares what we call Raskal or Sam or whoever else makes seeds and distributes them. Isn't the point here to talk about the genetics and what they are like?

Call them all 'seed makers' if its going to make you butthurt about the word breeder. Who cares. Lets talk about the qualities of the genetics and not be caught up in the personalities that produce them.

breath of fresh air...thank you.

was getting bored of this thread until i saw this post.

Tom Hill

Veteran
Raskal has in his stable individuals of high breeding worth - the White for example scores through the roof in GCA, as do others in his camp. Now, he may not lay it down like Chimera or others might, but the dude repeats what works. For this many folks hats are off to him, including mine - gimme a call when you get a chance dude- bbq season is near. -T

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Raskal has in his stable individuals of high breeding worth - the White for example scores through the roof in GCA, as do others in his camp. Now, he may not lay it down like Chimera or others might, but the dude repeats what works. For this many folks hats are off to him, including mine - gimme a call when you get a chance dude- bbq season is near. -T

for the uninformed....

what's GCA?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea one thing I can say about OGraskal is his product is fire in almost every thread I have seen...Clearly has consistency and some of the best buds I have ever seen from one company. I think people attach too much to the whole breeder thing. There are many levels of breeding from basic to make you feel like a neophyte just trying to understand the concept. As long as breeders are honest with WHAT they sell and HOW I see no problems or reason to throw eggs.

Tom Hill

Veteran
General Combining Ability - excellent results had from crossing out to a number of lines/individuals. In comparison to specific combining ability (SCA) excellent results obtained between just two lines/individuals. -T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts