What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush heritage?

OG Kush heritage?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
pre98 bubba aka purple bubba could be an S1 or bagseed of Katsu/Orgnkid/Green Bubba or Original/93 Bubba. afaik the latter two bubba cuts predate pre98 bubba.

As far as I know Pre98 predates the Green Bubba, isn't it? So I think it's actually the opposite, being the Green, Mint and others bagseeds or S1s from the original Pre98.

According to what most people seems to agree, the so called Pre98 should be the first Bubba Kush cut appearing into the scene.

I think this thread can be summed up as...A guy in LA had a Bubba cut that he's claimed to have gotten in '97 on a bunch of different forums for the last decade and when he gave the cut out to some folks they took it on themselves to completely change the dates...there never was a '93 attached to this particular Bubba cut when TooHigh was the only one that had it. :slap:

Bubba 93 sounds to me like propaganda from someone who's trying to make others think he has something no one else does. On the other hand, Matt Berger said the Original Bubba was lost.

NL or not, Bubba Kush definitely came from an ancient afghanica hashplant... just like the Deep Chunk, Master Kush and even that Pure Kush cut that looks so much like the Bubbas too.

:)

H

HemperorsKnight

As far as I know Pre98 predates the Green Bubba, isn't it? So I think it's actually the opposite, being the Green, Mint and others bagseeds or S1s from the original Pre98.

According to what most people seems to agree, the so called Pre98 should be the first Bubba Kush cut appearing into the scene.

Bubba 93 sounds to me like propaganda from someone who's trying to make others think he has something no one else does. On the other hand, Matt Berger said the Original Bubba was lost.

NL or not, Bubba Kush definitely came from an ancient afghanica hashplant... just like the Deep Chunk, Master Kush and even that Pure Kush cut that looks so much like the Bubbas too.

:)

Hey ya never know if dude has the legit cut or not it may very well be true only time will tell if dude does end up coming here to this thread and elaborate with a picture of the "93 bubba" maybe Nspectah is onto something.
Just because Matt Berger says it's lost may not be precise maybe someone he gave the cut to gave it to someone else therefore the cut may have circulated that let's hope there's some fruition to this story

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I would side with hk and say that the bubba is a true afghan archetype.

Can't say I agree with this. The bubba has many traits of the original Archetype in terms of growth and stature, but the flavor profile is more complex and modern.

H

HemperorsKnight

Can't say I agree with this. The bubba has many traits of the original Archetype in terms of growth and stature, but the flavor profile is more complex and modern.

I'm curious to hear your input of information on this topic, Chimera, I'm sure you know something we don't at least a good portion of us participating this thread

:tiphat:

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran

Chimera, since your here, and I would love to hear your take on the Hindu family I have been speaking of. Do you agree with the idea that Hindu Kush, Purple Kush, Masterkush, Bubbas, and Northern Lights are all different selections from the same strain?

Also do you agree the Hindu Kush is likely one of the parents of OG Kush?

Thanks, I really respect your opinion on matters such as these. You, Sam, and Tom Hill(ICmag misses you bro!) have taught me more than any school has.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Master is related directly to bubba , and it pre dates bubba so there ya go .... bubba has a tone of afghani#1 traits so does master , there a certain ghani thats showing relashonships between most all being discussed , bubba master chem og ect...

rykus

I popped seeds from 1981 that where grown in Ontario Canada and they grew very stable and looked and smelled almost identical to the master and bubba cuts... bit less stretch but that same earthy hashy tSte and smell...

JetLife175

Veteran
Master is related directly to bubba , and it pre dates bubba so there ya go .... bubba has a tone of afghani#1 traits so does master , there a certain ghani thats showing relashonships between most all being discussed , bubba master chem og ect...

I'd throw the LA affie in that bunch too. All related FOR SURE.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
La affie is ghani#1 aka street ghani , mel frank brought us afghani#1 i think around 79ish , that nag champa semi sweet creamy kush super strong vigous easy to gro extremely tolante plant , we could get all nit picky about it, and who's to say is an afghani really from afghanistan , or pakistan india ect , cannabis is older than the borders , i think the regions of the area are the clues , hindu kush mountains , kyber , mazari, lashkar , herat , all border hash producing countries , i DO think ghani is most def involved with the chem og family , im leaning to something closer to northern Pakistan border since those traits tend to be more lime pine type profiles , Lebanese strains have a lot of pine as well .... bubba i bet 100% is directly realted to ghani#1 / master

H

HemperorsKnight

La affie is ghani#1 aka street ghani , mel frank brought us afghani#1 i think around 79ish , that nag champa semi sweet creamy kush super strong vigous easy to gro extremely tolante plant , we could get all nit picky about it, and who's to say is an afghani really from afghanistan , or pakistan india ect , cannabis is older than the borders , i think the regions of the area are the clues , hindu kush mountains , kyber , mazari, lashkar , herat , all border hash producing countries , i DO think ghani is most def involved with the chem og family , im leaning to something closer to northern Pakistan border since those traits tend to be more lime pine type profiles , Lebanese strains have a lot of pine as well .... bubba i bet 100% is directly realted to ghani#1 / master

I'm not doubting your knowledge you may have grown them afghanica out so I'm here to listen and learn if you are on to something that I did not know until you contributed here
Blessed Be
:tiphat:

YetiOG

Question for everyone versed in og. I've had brotherhood OG and super lemon og and I found them both to be very relaxing with zerooo anxiety factor. Is this true for all OGs and if so could anyone recommend one because brotherhood and super lemon og aren't available.

Some ogs can cause paranoia... Fire OG.. .

Status
Not open for further replies.