What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush heritage?

OG Kush heritage?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 30 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Matt "bubba" got the bubba bag seeds from weed from nor cal .... i seriously doubt NL is in bubba ,,,,,
The original NL did come from washington

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Matt "bubba" got the bubba bag seeds from weed from nor cal .... i seriously doubt NL is in bubba ,,,,,
The original NL did come from washington

I don't know if they are the identical clone, but the Bubba is surely the same strain as Northern Lights: Hindu Kush.

The Afghan Kush, Bubba Kush, Pre98 Bubba, Purple Kush, MasterKush, Hindu Kush, and BC OG Kush are all the same strain, old school Hindu Kush. They are just different clone selections, some of them are straight up the same clone depending on your market.

H

HemperorsKnight

I don't know if they are the identical clone, but the Bubba is surely the same strain as Northern Lights: Hindu Kush.

The Afghan Kush, Bubba Kush, Pre98 Bubba, Purple Kush, MasterKush, Hindu Kush, and BC OG Kush are all the same strain, old school Hindu Kush. They are just different clone selections, some of them are straight up the same clone depending on your market.

From what I have read northern lights is comprised of two afghan plants so that makes it full afghan is afghan the same as Hindu kush or is there a way to differentiate them? The story I read is that some crew of cats popped some afghan seeds or maybe the were inbreeding or some shit but they ended up with 11 phenos number 5 being the most potent etc the question I have is which northern lights is bubba talking about is it nl1 or nl5? Afghan is known for pine. Coffee/chocolate. And bubba kush to me tastes like coffee/chocolate with notes of pine of diesel

Is there a thread we can take this too? Instead of the OG kush lineage thread? Pls n thank u

:tiphat:
-Hemperorsknight

H

HemperorsKnight

In master kush I taste the Hindu just personally not the bubba...

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
From what I have read northern lights is comprised of two afghan plants so that makes it full afghan is afghan the same as Hindu kush or is there a way to differentiate them? The story I read is that some crew of cats popped some afghan seeds or maybe the were inbreeding or some shit but they ended up with 11 phenos number 5 being the most potent etc the question I have is which northern lights is bubba talking about is it nl1 or nl5? Afghan is known for pine. Coffee/chocolate. And bubba kush to me tastes like coffee/chocolate with notes of pine of diesel

Is there a thread we can take this too? Instead of the OG kush lineage thread? Pls n thank u

-Hemperorsknight

I think the og kush thread is fitting to discuss the hindu kush. I am sure og kush has some hindu in her anyway.

All the northern lights I have seen falls within the hindu kush strain. I am pretty sure those afghans used to make all the northern lights lines where hindu kushes.

I came to the conclusion myself that northern lights, purple kush, master, bubba, afghan and hindu are the same strain, and according to phylos bioscience, dna proves these are all in fact clones of the same strain.

The dna tests they are doing are very worth checking out for anyone interested in the relationships between clones and strains we know.

H

HemperorsKnight

I wonder if anyone on the mag can verify this with some kind of evidence it would make a nice topic maybe

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pre98 is purported to be an old Oregon Afghani according to a thread I read over at br33d bay.

Cannavore

Veteran
phylos bioscience seems bunk. they dna test strains from dispensaries that have already been renamed lol. according to phylos, OG Kush has a common ancestor no one else has ever hear of before (because it's likely a dispensery rename) named "Miyagi"

pre98 bubba aka purple bubba could be an S1 or bagseed of Katsu/Orgnkid/Green Bubba or Original/93 Bubba. afaik the latter two bubba cuts predate pre98 bubba.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
phylos bioscience seems bunk. they dna test strains from dispensaries that have already been renamed lol. according to phylos, OG Kush has a common ancestor no one else has ever hear of before (because it's likely a dispensery rename) named "Miyagi"

pre98 bubba aka purple bubba could be an S1 or bagseed of Katsu/Orgnkid/Green Bubba or Original/93 Bubba. afaik the latter two bubba cuts predate pre98 bubba.

The dispensaries can lie, but DNA does not. The fakes do not show up in families like we see. Fake or renamed strains names end up being narrowed out in time.

Take a fake bubba kush, it would not match up genetically with the mass of Hindu Kushes, or other Bubbas, which all do pool as a family.

As for the "Miyagi" you mention, it is clearly the same thing as OG Kush, likely a renamed OG Kush. Just because a real OG got relabeled does not make this science "bunk". I have never seen "Miyagi" but it is real OG Kush no doubt. DNA does not lie.

Do you really think Bubba Kush is going to come back in a different family than the Hindu Kush? The starting gene pool of western cannabis is a lot smaller than many would like to believe.

Even take your Bubba speculation, take it back a step, where did that original bubba come from? Hindu Kush is the answer, I have seen it for years with my own eyes, now the DNA backs it up.

Send your more real bubba to phylos and see it match up with the other bubbas in the hindu family...or believe the DNA already showing these facts.

H

HemperorsKnight

The dispensaries can lie, but DNA does not. The fakes do not show up in families like we see. Fake or renamed strains names end up being narrowed out in time.

Take a fake bubba kush, it would not match up genetically with the mass of Hindu Kushes, or other Bubbas, which all do pool as a family.

As for the "Miyagi" you mention, it is clearly the same thing as OG Kush, likely a renamed OG Kush. Just because a real OG got relabeled does not make this science "bunk". I have never seen "Miyagi" but it is real OG Kush no doubt. DNA does not lie.

Do you really think Bubba Kush is going to come back in a different family than the Hindu Kush? The starting gene pool of western cannabis is a lot smaller than many would like to believe.

Even take your Bubba speculation, take it back a step, where did that original bubba come from? Hindu Kush is the answer, I have seen it for years with my own eyes, now the DNA backs it up.

Send your more real bubba to phylos and see it match up with the other bubbas in the hindu family...or believe the DNA already showing these facts.

Sorry lad but ya got me all confused and stuff you keep insisting that Hindu kush is bubba but you don't show any evidence with credible links and stuff please stop unless you have what it takes to back up your claims I believe bubba is afghan. Afghan is known for flavors of coffee chocolate and pine just guess it depends on where at in Afghanistan you found her like I said there's various lines available all from selection of whichever afghan cultivars these can easily be Googled and verified

Plus the guy Matt Bubba Kush stated it was some northern light seed mot Hindu kush dude and if you research northern lights u will see it says afghan not Hindu kush so please answer with some helpful knowledge to this thread

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Sorry lad but ya got me all confused and stuff you keep insisting that Hindu kush is bubba but you don't show any evidence with credible links and stuff please stop unless you have what it takes to back up your claims I believe bubba is afghan. Afghan is known for flavors of coffee chocolate and pine just guess it depends on where at in Afghanistan you found her like I said there's various lines available all from selection of whichever afghan cultivars these can easily be Googled and verified

Plus the guy Matt Bubba Kush stated it was some northern light seed mot Hindu kush dude and if you research northern lights u will see it says afghan not Hindu kush so please answer with some helpful knowledge to this thread

Call it Afghan Kush or Hindu Kush, they are all closely related. Not all afghans, but these ones we speak of including Northern Lights.
You need a Phylos account to view some things, but here is the Afghan/Hindu Kush family from Phylos. Also check out the phylos galaxy for an idea of what I am talking about.
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/5old4ygv/

Also just to clear it up, the Hindu Kush is named after the Hindu Kush mountains that run up the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan, being mostly in Afghanistan, so Hindu Kush is Afghan. Not all Afghanis are Hindu Kush. I hope that helps, I am not arguing Bubba is not afghan, just that more specifically Bubba Kush is a Hindu Kush from Afghanistan!

Last edited:
H

HemperorsKnight

Call it Afghan Kush or Hindu Kush, they are all closely related. Not all afghans, but these ones we speak of including Northern Lights.
You need a Phylos account to view some things, but here is the Afghan/Hindu Kush family from Phylos. Also check out the phylos galaxy for an idea of what I am talking about.
https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/sample/genotype/5old4ygv/

Also just to clear it up, the Hindu Kush is named after the Hindu Kush mountains that run up the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan, being mostly in Afghanistan, so Hindu Kush is Afghan. Not all Afghanis are Hindu Kush. I hope that helps, I am not arguing Bubba is not afghan, just that more specifically Bubba Kush is a Hindu Kush from Afghanistan!

I get what you're trying to say but that will confuse tons of people that know Hindu kush as Hindu kush the strain you can find off of attitude seeds that spicy/kushy/hashy profile is what I know to be Hindu kush it's fuckin dank to the point I want seeds. If the afghan cultivar came from that exact region I guess you could call it that I will just stick to calling it a afghan line to not misconstrue it as the spicy/kushy/hashy Hindu kush I know to be a parent of Master Kush that gives in some of its palette when ya smoke her. Afghan depending on how it was grown and I guess phenotypes to vary from piney to chocolate to coffee to earthy or even a blend of all of the above but never have I smoked a bag that was labeled as Hindu kush to express any of that in the flavor department. I'm not disagreeing with you as to if it's hindu or not especially if the cultivars that made bubba are from that specific region "Hindu Kush" anyways thanks for the link seeds of freedom blessed be
-Hemperorsknight

hellfire

The stink of the True OG makes me lean towards Afghani.

I honestly don't think SFV is a phenotype of OG, I think it is an OG crossed out with something. In fact a lot of the 'OG's are probably crossed up original OG with other California genetics.

Has anyone put SFV, Tahoe, etc into Phylos Genetics yet?

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
The stink of the True OG makes me lean towards Afghani.

I honestly don't think SFV is a phenotype of OG, I think it is an OG crossed out with something. In fact a lot of the 'OG's are probably crossed up original OG with other California genetics.

Has anyone put SFV, Tahoe, etc into Phylos Genetics yet?

I should have posted the OG Kush page from Phylos, I got carried away with my other favorite family of plants the Hindu Kush. Here is the OG chart centered on an OG called simply OG Kush. Most of the famous OGs are highly related. Tahoe, Larry, SFV, Ghost, Hitman all very much the same thing according to the DNA.

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/node/results/vodr2me8

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
With how close the OG Kush charts with Hindu Kush, the story of Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush seems possible, the OG Kush almost certainly had the Hindu Kush as one ancestor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts