What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

F

FullDuplex

I think it will be a hell of a learning thread...... :tiphat:

I agree there are a few different things going on right now, it will be interesting to see how it turns out :)

FullD..I caught the Pots post..and will be back to talk.
:tiphat:

I got the PH down powder last sunday and the girls have been on it ever since.
Got myself a little poll PH kit..
but the problem is it only goes down to PH 6.8.
My water is below that..but I need to have a better guage to test accurately.
Since they have had the water..and a couple of ferts they have perked..:plant grow:
and I have more hope that they will at least live..haha.

Sounds good, The meter that i use goes to 6.0 and thats where i like to keep it and it seems to work the best. 6.0 on my meter is a strong bright yellow. Looks about like cat piss :cathug: after adding the test solution. I have used this method for so long i can tell now just by color alone what the level is. When i start seeing a orange to red tenge i know then its too acidic. Sounds to me that they are liking what you are doing from the pics. I think they'll pull through fine.:jump:

The experiment with the single plant in a small pot V's multi potting..

I pulled this one fom the multi-pot to show against the individual pots..
to my eye it is at least twice the height..
twice the stem width..
and 30% wider on head width.

after seeing this i know that this will be done for my future runs of AF's only thing going back in a reg pot are gonna be long season girls....

Now a little group shot of them doing there thing

picture.php

FD

Iron Lungs

man i came into this party way too late!!! i would of loved to get in on this! once the Punk Chunk i got going finishes up i would love to do this and see what i can get! Im def. on board following this one! VERY VERY interested in the "PC" and the "Bad Betty" oh yea and the "Bud Wider" ha! Good Growing guys

F

FullDuplex

man i came into this party way too late!!! i would of loved to get in on this! once the Punk Chunk i got going finishes up i would love to do this and see what i can get! Im def. on board following this one! VERY VERY interested in the "PC" and the "Bad Betty" oh yea and the "Bud Wider" ha! Good Growing guys

Never to late and always good to see you Iron :tiphat:

Things are going good here, some of the ladies are starting to put on some trichs, 2 of the three BudWider ladies are really starting to cover and its still early on in the process. This could only mean good things.

As far as the Bad Betty goes it is coming along nice. Currently i am paying close attention to this plant as there seem to be several surprises with this particular plant. The Cloven trait that showed on the early set of fan leaves is back again, this time it has the leaf in the middle. Just like the one in the pic that you posted Mossy.

Ill get some pics of the ladies soon. Sorry i havent been as active as usual, life has been hectic here and its kept me busy. Hoping that things slow soon and can get back on the road to normal. On a good note i have begun germination on a new strain ICU#2. These will be a straight smoke run.

Hope everyone is doing well. Speed and safety with the girls.:wave:

F

FullDuplex

Little update

Little update

picture.php

Cloven trait showing again

picture.php

Group shot and they all are doing well.

M

mossy

picture.php

The girls.

Gotta say now FullD..the PH balanced water is working really well..
cheers....:thank you:
I don't need to run to the trial end..because I can see the difference in condition/growing already.

Looks like I will be sticking with That tip....:good:

BTW..how Long do You bubble for..?

F

FullDuplex

picture.php

The girls.

Gotta say now FullD..the PH balanced water is working really well..
cheers....:thank you:
I don't need to run to the trial end..because I can see the difference in condition/growing already.

Looks like I will be sticking with That tip....:good:

BTW..how Long do You bubble for..?

Looking great there my friend, seems that really have taken well to the new treatment. Glad that i could pass on a tip that works other than just for me. :tiphat:

Now as far as how long i bubble, thats the key i think to my success. I bubble the gallon at all times. The only time that the pumps are cut off a jug is if its empty or i am refilling them. The water in the jugs has O2 running at all times. Seems to keep everything in balance for them.

Iron Lungs

Never to late and always good to see you Iron :tiphat:
The Cloven trait that showed on the early set of fan leaves is back again, this time it has the leaf in the middle. Just like the one in the pic that you posted Mossy.

yea man my Punk Chunk has the same trait going! :) and like always FD thanks for the hospitality! :tiphat:

M

mossy

I've put the Fairy Lights to germ...
this is the pheno that I had hunted the cloven leaf back in...
so fingers crossed..
we might make some moves on her.

We certainly have the right brains here. :tiphat:

picture.php

Fairy Lights f1.

See the leaves coming out down her main-stem have a Twist..
that is the predecessor of the cloven leaf.

She would have a majority 3 fingered leaf..with a twist in it.
More single leaves at her head than normal.

Just incase anyone is looking for a cloven.

Zeltar

Hey i just found the thread, il defo be taking part in the next comp, just as long as i can find some 16oz containers in the UK lol :p

grows are looking great guys

M

mossy

Spot the odd one out....?

I've been watching this pheno for a few days and recognised an abnormality in it.
I was gonna pull it today..
but decided to check where the abnormality was..which node was affected.

was I in for a surprise...:dance013:

I've Never seen this trait before..

FullD..you are gonna want a photo for your book...:tiphat:

picture.php

F

FullDuplex

I've put the Fairy Lights to germ...
this is the pheno that I had hunted the cloven leaf back in...
so fingers crossed..
we might make some moves on her.

We certainly have the right brains here. :tiphat:

:tiphat: I would have to agree with you and that is a spectacular plant you have there. Love the touch of color on the caylax's

Spot the odd one out....?

I've been watching this pheno for a few days and recognised an abnormality in it.
I was gonna pull it today..
but decided to check where the abnormality was..which node was affected.

was I in for a surprise...:dance013:

I've Never seen this trait before..

FullD..you are gonna want a photo for your book...:tiphat:

Looks to me my friend the lower left plant looking at the pic is the odd man out. I see an un-natural pattern to the leaves, and unless i have smoked to much it looks to me that there is a fan leaf growing on a fan leaf stem. Now this may be the angle but that plant looks like a triangle from above.

I would love a pic of it for the book, also would like a few more if it were ok with you. Especially that black dc.....

F

FullDuplex

4 weeks update (pheno variation post)

4 weeks update (pheno variation post)

Well have a few things to show you guys. Things here are coming along great. I have two that are really small and the other 2 have and are still doing well.

My beer cup guy got stunted all to hell and back with my attempt at air pruning. I think the reason being is that this plant needs massive root structure. I think as the roots grew to the outside and died back it stunted the growth rather than allow it to grow larger in a smaller area.

How ever she is the stinkiest, greasiest, one of the bunch. Trich cover is thick, but her size is my fault. So i decided to hit her with a round of BB pollen today to see what happens. I like the fact that it smells like a skunks arse and its diesel like look and feel. Fingers are left with a stench if you touch the leaves.

picture.php

The other that i have that is smaller is doing a little better in the height department. This guy suffered two things. Late transplant and root disturbance. This is also another budwider like the first. The resin coverage is the same but the smell is more floral. Nice looking plant.

picture.php

picture.php

Next i give you hook.
picture.php

At first i thought that for some reason this girl was getting to much N based on the way that the leaves claw under. Then i got to thinking about this and noticed the older growth is not doing this and that all the plants are getting the same amount of "food." As she grows they sharpen and point out. I leeched the soil as well as a full gallon flush and all new growth still does this. Budwider as well but a different pheno. This plant has started to bud in foxtails.

picture.php

Last but not least i give you Fang. (thanks Mossy for the name :wave:)

Cloven leave, pearl like buds, and one bad B*%$h.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :tiphat::thank you::wave:

M

mossy

I would love a pic of it for the book, also would like a few more if it were ok with you. Especially that black dc.....
Any you want m8...:tiphat:
Just say what you are after and I will bring you my best photo.

One thing to really think about including would be some Good hermie photos..
male..female..
photos in books tend to be indistinct..
and if we cant recognise them..we can't eliminate them.

FullD..from what I can see so far..I haven't seen that bud trait..lets see how she fattens/develops it out...:chin:

IronL..yup..you have her m8...
she is very Distinct isn't she..
and although she is "different"..
it does look like a Proper trait..the leaf is well finished..complete.

I must admit I have searched the threads for a Heritage canna that carries the trait..so I know what I am rolling back too..
but I haven't found one mentioned.

I would have to agree with you and that is a spectacular plant you have there. Love the touch of color on the caylax's
I have them in full colour too..
But..I will be chasing this bud pheno out.
It has a hell of a different tric trait on it..

During the day it looks a milky grey and is nothing spectacular..
but..
as the sun goes down and hits her she lights up...
Fairy Lights..

Obviously down to the different way the tric reflects the sun back at you..
but different enough to be Tempting.
I told you this mom turned to grey greasy bud..away from the JEM high tack..
I'm thinking it might be this tric trait change behind it.
Time will tell.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Any you want m8...:tiphat:
Just say what you are after and I will bring you my best photo.

One thing to really think about including would be some Good hermie photos..
male..female..
photos in books tend to be indistinct..
and if we cant recognise them..we can't eliminate them.

Here ya go mossy and or FullDuplex, This is a s60 herm i chopped up the other day. Underwent some stress( 20 hours or so of darkness, but nothing to radical) This was the male i had JUST selected to be the father and a few days later he starts throwing pistils?!:hide: So i guess this would be male --> female hermy, which i usually tend to believe is genetic, i just popped 4 more so we will see.... These are best pix i could get, camera is about 10 years old! Time for a new one...:tiphat:

Hermy_3_.JPG

Hermy_1_.JPG

Hermy_2_.JPG

Oh P.s FullDuplex I have high resolution copies you can use have if youd like for that book your writing.:dance013: Public Domain is lovely.:wave:

F

FullDuplex

Here ya go mossy and or FullDuplex, This is a s60 herm i chopped up the other day. Underwent some stress( 20 hours or so of darkness, but nothing to radical) This was the male i had JUST selected to be the father and a few days later he starts throwing pistils?!:hide: So i guess this would be male --> female hermy, which i usually tend to believe is genetic, i just popped 4 more so we will see.... These are best pix i could get, camera is about 10 years old! Time for a new one...:tiphat:

Oh P.s FullDuplex I have high resolution copies you can use have if youd like for that book your writing.:dance013: Public Domain is lovely.:wave:

These are the kind of things that i need! Thanks for the shots and I will have to get with you on the high res. I want to show as many traits and things to look for as i can. It will not only help my eye but help someone else know that they are looking at.