What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

M

mossy

Shroomy...Nooooooo m8.

I've mailed you..let me know what happened.

Gutted for you m8...

F

FullDuplex

FD...Explain them..I see cups underneath that I assume are simply for boosting the height under the lights...
and I see taped patches on the side of the cups..which I'm assuming is some venting.
so explain the mods.

You are correct on a few of the items. The clear cups are a boost/vent. This allows the plants to be at peak distance under the light as well as let any access water completely be away from the bottom and allow air into the bottom holes. The tape that you see covers a series of three slots in the top. The tape is on to prevent water from coming out of them. The water would not properly reach the bottom if i left them open. Now that the medium is soaked and there starting to grow i will remove the tape as the water drops in uniform now. As they get older i will remove the tape allowing the slots to be open. this will allow air to the top roots.

Ill have to take a pic with them out of the lifters. I have 10 holes/slots in the cups one in the bottom and three around the sides at different heights. One ring around the bottom one around the middle and then the tape covered ones at top. each hole is backed with a mesh screen. this will cause the medium to stay in the cup but allow one other thing. o the mesh will act as a beerier to stop the head of the root, once it has reached this point it will be exposed to air and then the end will die resulting in feeler roots to form from the tip back into the soil. Viola! air pruning :) This is the way that i am stopping them from being root bound. :dance013:

In the close up male bud photo..I see Blue/purple veining..
is he the same colour on the leaf stems..

and if he is...
then to eye...
is it more Thrombosis blue/purple...
than Red/purple.

Lovely growth on them.

I would be very happy with that kinda results on a small cup..
but..
my growth is not like that...
it is very Lax.

Have a great weekend everyone....:smoke out:

:thank you: for the compliments sir as always its great hearing it from you my friend. the color that you are seeing is just in that area. gave them a good once over last night and the stem and under veins look normal to me for this stage anyway. If i have to say it to my eye its more red/purple. Ill have to get you some good macro shots so you can see too.

i am completely happy with the progress so far, you sir have yet to let me down :tiphat: and the growth is aggressive. i must have something going on in this box that autos love.

and you sir have a fantastic weekend!!

F

FullDuplex

FD, your babies are looking GREAT!! Nice and fit. Mine have started to grow more witht he longer light. What light are yours under? Sorry if you siad before, i can be a bit forgetful

its all good anon there under a 250MH and there are 2 4ft t8's in there too. then once sexed 250 HPS

hey mossy had all my shit stolen mate :(

****s stole all my auto work past and the current projects :(

dude im sorry to hear that i couldn't imagine how i would feel if someone got to my hobby like that. dude if there is anything i can do let me know.....I just hate idiots that do this kind of stuff after we all work so hard to accomplish things. I feel for you m8

anonamix

My lil' babies..

picture.php

anonamix

Yeah man, 5 of the punk chunk. and 2 other ak X p.jem wich are a pretty much the same with less stretch. (tho you cant realy see how bad the stretch is in this pic).
I know I wont win with my flouro set up, but Im here to watch yalls outdoor and hps cups, while seeing what some cheap cfls/shop tubes can do with cups as well. it cant be much, but i have the room and its sure to be fun.
:tiphat:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
its all good anon there under a 250MH and there are 2 4ft t8's in there too. then once sexed 250 HPS

dude im sorry to hear that i couldn't imagine how i would feel if someone got to my hobby like that. dude if there is anything i can do let me know.....I just hate idiots that do this kind of stuff after we all work so hard to accomplish things. I feel for you m8

Thanx for the kind offer mate :) but a friend here is aust gave me some seeds i gave him to start at the same time :)

will post pics soon :gday:

F

FullDuplex

Well i am about to make a few choices. I am going to put 4 of the plants up in bigger pots as i need a little more of a bumper crop this time and since all six made it im going to allow 4 of them to get BIG. I want to pick a male and female for the cups but i only have one male out of the group so far the rest have yet to show. But this was the first plant to break soil 2 days ahead of the rest. Ill have pics tonight :)

F

FullDuplex

well so far 2 boys and two girls. I have removed one boy as his pollen sacs were starting to hang. The other spotted male is a Bad Betty and i am going to leave him in to spread some love around.

The two females are Bud Wider and are two different phenos. The leaf formation as well as shape and size are completely different as well as the bushiness of the plants. The last two that have yet to show and are expected to show in the next day or so are a bud wider and a Bad Betty, keep your fingers crossed that the one left bad betty is a girl i really want to see this take shape.

Mossy.....

There are somethings that i want to show you on the variation on phenos as well as the mutation i found on bad betty, its rather unique

Bighill

There are somethings that i want to show you on the variation on phenos as well as the mutation i found on bad betty, its rather unique

Post'em up!!!!:prettyplease: You should know better FD :bashhead: I got them beans too, i wana see what it is toooo!

lol :D

I just got 50mm of rain in an hour, had to move the cars since the street was a lake... WTF is with the summer this year.. I would have better luck buying stocks.

My cups are starting to do their thing, for a suposed sativa strain i sure have a bunch of indis on my hands.

F

FullDuplex

Post'em up!!!!:prettyplease: You should know better FD :bashhead: I got them beans too, i wana see what it is toooo!

lol :D

I just got 50mm of rain in an hour, had to move the cars since the street was a lake... WTF is with the summer this year.. I would have better luck buying stocks.

My cups are starting to do their thing, for a suposed sativa strain i sure have a bunch of indis on my hands.

Just because i like you BH :tiphat: I guess i have to share this as i dont quite understand what i am seeing.

I call it the peace sign and in the middle it looks like a pistil is growing where the middle leaf should have been.

Dont believe me take a look :)

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

Bighill

:grouphug: You share, i share..

Your pheno there is JEM dome. Here are some more F2's i have going for outdoors. These are my F2's from breeeder pack run. I am searching for a cloven male and female. That pheno kicks some ass.

That first pic will prob be a cloven pheno i think.. They get huge.. Also heavy feeders.. You can see on my one i got a cal def starting up. The last cloven i got was a bloody monster for nutes... Custom mix every time.

Here is an update on my party cups... Looks like i'll need to give them a first shot of tea, that one there went pale over night. Look how indica they are... Sativa?! where is that lol?!

They are slow starting like the mom and dad.. I wonder if other people got slow veg auto assasins?! Hmm good ol progeny testing..

Bh.

F

FullDuplex

:grouphug: You share, i share..
:tiphat:

Your pheno there is JEM dome. Here are some more F2's i have going for outdoors. These are my F2's from breeeder pack run. I am searching for a cloven male and female. That pheno kicks some ass.

This is good news. I like the fact that it came out in the Bad betty. I have a few plans for this if its a girl it still has not shown yet and i figure thats a good thing as the females tend to take a few more days.

The last cloven i got was a bloody monster for nutes... Custom mix every time.
This would explain why it loves the regimin i have been feeding it. Its thirsty and loves the FF line takes it like a champ.

Here is an update on my party cups... Looks like i'll need to give them a first shot of tea, that one there went pale over night. Look how indica they are... Sativa?! where is that lol?!

who knows. I had one start out looking sativa and now i cant tell it from the rest. It was one of the budwiders. Real razor sharp first and second set of leaves. If its the one i am still thinking its a girl so it should be interesting.

M

mossy

picture.php

OH W.O.W.S.E.R.S FullDuplex...That is Stunning....

I've had the Cloven leaf..
I've chased it back..
But..
I haven't come across THAT anomoly yet...
cheers for sharing it...:tiphat:

(IF you have the Maj Botany book..go to page 90..
see the tric/leaf anomoly I picked up.)

My Best guess..Lots of homework..and an Educated guess..

says that the RED in JEM comes from Columbain heritage.
The leaf/tric trait that I pick up is the one associated with columbian.
Yours is completely different.

I guess it is singular..not matched on the opposite side..?

(I was always taught..love your freakie and anomolies...because that is where New plants come from)
IF you can prove it is not simply conditional.

IF it IS an anomoly..and the anomoly is 1 sided...
then the likelyhood is it is so fleeting in the pool and un-stable that it would take a hell of a lot of Work to bring it into dominance..
But..
IF it IS an anomoly..and it shows a matching pistil on the coresponding leaf..
then although not in dominance..
it is relatively stable..and could possibly be caught.

It will be Interesting to watch how she develops.....:tiphat:

I think we should re-name her Fang....

Bighill...m8..just got your photos...DEVASTATING
But..
I loved the photos..nature at her wildest..

The girls go through Hell on the patio..I quite often have the large fans blow off..
but you girls look like they have been Butchered...
(I wouldn't care..but you have all the purples...:cry:)

I hope they pull through m8..karma sent

These are my F2's from breeeder pack run. I am searching for a cloven male and female.

On the Non-AF JEM I rolled and rolled it back to a very defined split leaf.
The bud colour changed to Grey..and the bud changed..from high tack of the JEM..to Greasy...
Really greasy.
That was around f9.
Once I had the pheno out..I threw it back to AF..
(Fairy Lights)

I also picked it up on PC..early in the season...
But..
since I had messed about with their lighting..and it was off season..I couldn't say it wasn't just conditional.
I'll see if I can find photos.

SmokeyTheBear...your girls are alway in good condition...
do you treat your water..water from a butt..or from the tap..?

I have had the girls on the altered/aerated/wetted water for 3 days now.
All look as if they are perking..
but they have just had their first feed too...
so..
we will see how it goes.

I have a girl..on the first germs..
and I can def see a few males in the re-germs.
I wanted to perform an experiment on the first male that popped up...
But..
They might be too small to pull it off.