What's new

Official Results: 2008 IC Mag 420 Growers & Breeders Cup

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soma said:
Greetings All...........these sacred plants are gifts from the Creator.........to us All............to be shared without power trips..........so that this place we call Home..........survives and thrives.............the element that makes any genetic truly shine..........is..........HEART..............lets spread more of it around.........heres some pics of the winners................Love and Light.........Soma

Congrats Soma!

R

Rood Spook

LOL....how predictable,Not enuf entry's....mis classified cannabis....not authentic cuts.Ya really let the love shine thru gang.

I had a feeling this cup didnt count!!!!

420 cup

420 cup

thanks judges for your votes, the 2th place DAMPKRING
Coffee Shop (determined by write in vote by judges)(All 4th place received same number of votes)
1. Green House United
2. Dampkring
3. Green Place
4. De Republic
4. Boerejongers
4. Siberie
4. Popeye
4. Club Media

nice work Soma, Laterrrrron
the dampkring did not enter, hahaha

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Nah, there should be no outdoor category... Outdoor should compete against indoor... and organics should compete against refined nutrients... I do agree that there should be three herb categories, with a hybrid category for every plant that is not obviously indica or sativa dominant..

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont believe indoor pot and outdoor pot are even remotely alike. I think its time to have an outdoor category and bring some of the real sunshine grown weed out of the shadows and into the spotlight.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Right on bro, thats what I was just thinking of...outdoor/indoor/refined/organics all in the same category and truly it would be a pleasure if there was a category for only 100% sativas, 100% indicas and then mixed varieties, hybrids of all kinds...also dry sieve and bubble could be both in their own categories...

G

best ic420 cup yet ,,even better than 05 (which i have problems remembering cause a certain american friend got me really wasted ) :headbange

Ickis

Veteran
The point is Outdoor will destroy indoor. Strain for strain, clone for clone, properly grown outdoor will wipe the streets of Amsterdam with indoor grown bud.

There won't be any growers sneaking some indoor grown bud in an outdoor category unless they wanted to lose. So some outdoor bud grower will just have to come to them.

Outdoor G-13/SD ibl will kick indoor G-13/SD ibl's ass if a grower knows how to grow outside. I know why indoor is more common than outdoor. It's safer and easier. Nothing can happen that you don't have complete control over. Anybody can grow indoors that really wants to and complete a grow. Outside not so easy but the results are much better.

I find it peculiar that some breeders with new wares this year didn't enter. None more suprising then Rez. Yes I know there was some confusion on the event. So next year should be a well represented year. You all need to get ready.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Well, If the outdoor will destroy the indoor, then I say bring it on...
It would be good to see the results, and put myths to bed...
Same with the Organic/refined...
Would make for a much better contest, imho...

And peaville... :wink: If you'd bother reading my whole post instead of just scanning first lines, you'd see alot of the times I agree... Like in the post you quoted... :D

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I say its very plant specific and it takes growing them both ways to see whats up. My outdoor ecsd wont touch my indoor ecsd. But some of the other strains ... hehe no comparison. Doesnt mean its stronger but plants grown indoors and out are totally diff. NO COMPARISON so how could they possibly be in the same category.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Ickis said:
I find it peculiar that some breeders with new wares this year didn't enter. None more suprising then Rez. Yes I know there was some confusion on the event. So next year should be a well represented year. You all need to get ready.
Nothing peculiar about it, It was posted in a thread by admin that there was not going to be a cup. Then, less that 60 days prior to the event, it was announced that there would be an event.

Why so confusing?

I'm sure this was the reason so few ICmaggers were able to attend/enter...

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Babbabud said:
NO COMPARISON so how could they possibly be in the same category.
Easy...

Everyone who enters the sativa category, submits a sativa grown to the best of their abilities, using whatever methods they think will produce the best herb...

Ditto for the indica category...

Ditto for the hybrid category...

Judges compare and score the samples...

Saying that indoor and outdoor are completely different is fine, but they are not completely different in anywhere near the same way that an indica, a sativa, and a hybrid are different....

An ECSD grown outdoors or indoors is still recognizable as ecsd... At least The outdoor I sampled was....

The contest should be about the 'best herb samples', not about the 'best herb samples if you use a certain method'....

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
PeavillePride said:
I was playin,and thats why i said"i see you agreed" cheer up,lol.If you did what you just told me to do,you would see what i posted,lol.We could do this all day,i was playin.

Who's not cheerful... I'm in a great mood today :D! I was J/K right back at ya...

Geeesh, I used smilies...
:wink:

cloudz

ICMag Donor
not my, but NYCD make it :headbange
congrats to all,especially to the growers who win

NYCD same pheno, different grows,left was my entry.

G

Indoor Jamaican

Outdoor Jamaican

I loved em both, no idea which was subjectively BETTER but they were different, although recognisably the same cut.