What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 420 Growers & Breeders Cup 2008 Info

MysterX said:
10 feet you should take your own advice dont flatter yourself...

rewind i do.. so thats why everyone is tryn to get my gear... hmm interesting..i gue my chem d and my 10 different ogk are all watered down right... hmmm so all my elties are waterdown.. when ahlf of them came from the orignators.. interesting.. . ok pics you ahve where the trichs bro..

oh and im like 75% sure im gonna make it to the dam.. im bringing the watedown tahoe og kush to enter and the waterdown chem d clone to enter. so 10 ffet make it to the dam with your non watered down versions and lets seee...

yeah iv seen alot of "swerve" gear and not real impressd. not to bust yer nuttz mayb yah dont release the real quality to clubs...

that pic is hogsbreath.and it smashes on any current kushes/diesels/chems... just caus its not stacked with trichs dont mean it wont cripple yer ass liek a car wreck

and ill tell yah what swerv or mysterx or whatever fuck ur spose to be called. if yah want me ther that bad, send us out some air tix and wel take the place over

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Damn bro,we get it already...You have the "real deal" cuts and what we all have is the watered down version...No worries,it's all good..I was hoping you would be at the 4/20 so you could show us all....Hell I bet you could sweep the indica cup with your plant there!!
Damn,you should enter that badgirl!!

PS,
I knew you would be back.....wink..
It's OK if you wanna hang here with us......:headbanger:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
tenfeet....talk is well....talk...proof is in the smoking :joint: :D

If you want to brag...enter and let it be judged....if you want to come on here and be rude and try and start a negative verbal tit-for-tat...it's not gonna fly.

Also see someone else creeping in to start some crap...oak it's not too bad...it's just the way it is.

This thread isn't for those coming here to troll.

dg

G

bro im in cali man.... shit me and my west coast watered down gear is gonna be there.letting it be judge by the people for the people for what it is the dank..... anyway this thread just got ruined by you.. this is for people who are actually going to go to the icmag growers cup.. not people making comments or talking about stuff they dont know...

what up capt. yeah im doing everything i can to get there.. i think i am going to change though from entering the chem d to the bubba... i figure have my indica and my satty..... then the water hash from them mama mia....

Last edited:
G

Capt. Crip said:
That Kintish is beautiful bro!!

Looks quite unique..
And the Afghani is a killer looking plant...Been seeing a lot of that one lately on here..
I agree with ya on killer plants everywhere...It's just the US here that puts names on plants and expect the world to beg for it...LOL...
Anyone who grows a lot from seed has plenty of chances to find special plants that stand up to most everything out there...
The thing is that these clones are widely available if you know the right people...And only a handful are truly special...I'm sure they seem like the next hope diamond to people that truly have little experience with cannabis...

I have to have some pure sativa also and can't just rely on the high on these Kushes and diesels...None have that mind altering high of a pure long flowering sativa...I know my NH will keep pace with any of the Kushes if it's experienced smokers doing the testing...

Are you planning to bring some of that purp Afi over to the Dam BH??
What flavor does it carry?
And what about that Kintish what odor/flavor does it carry?
You can actually see purple resin on your fingers from that bud LOL...

Elevator Man grew that Kentish Cream, mine looks a bit different and will be harvested next week so I will make sure I bring some to the cup, after all the people that have drooled over it, be nice to let them taste it. The flavour is rich, earthy and strong, I've picked up all kinds of nutty, earthy, coffee, chocolate, beef, spice notes from the various samples other folks have grown. For some reason mine looks like a more sativa expression but has incredible resin production like the other samples I've seen, this was grown outdoors last year at 54N:

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

Yup, the resin from the Purple Afghan had a distinct purple tint to it, I made finger hash (I try with my fingers, not scissors) and the little ball was brown as usual but a definite purple hue too. Under a viewer I could just about make out a little purple vein in the triches, and the colour isn;t temp related, that plnt was flowered during summer and temps were always above 22 celsius even when lights out. Sadly I don't have any Purple Afghan buds to bring to the cup, have to wait till next year for that one sadly. I;m currently working on making a big batch of seeds as the size and colour and quality caught me by surprise, I was just given the seeds by a friend in the Uk and old 'came from Afghanistan last year, lad who picked em said the plants were dark brown and purple' and that was all I knew. Then I get these huge colourful ladies that smell and taste like sweet perfumed black Afghan hash and I only made about 150 seeds. I've kept a few for further work and had literally scores upon scores of PMs asking if I have any more to spare. Alfred-cannaria has made a load from open pollination of the plants he grew from the seeds I sent him and esbe and Raco are also growing some outdoors this season and planning to make some crosses if they find some good plants. I am VERY against hoarding interesting genetics, I wish I could send everyone who asked some beans but it's just not possible, hopefully before too long most folks will be able to get there hands on some from one source or another. I also did crosses to the Abusive OG Kush and Cheese using a Purple Afghan male, only made a couple of dozen of each and friends in New York and Florida have some of those, they're the kinda guys that if they like em they will make F2s, that is their plan at least.

For now, we will all just have to look at this bud and try to be patient.

DSCF0012.jpg

The Mexican I crossed to my Trainwreck male and made loads of seeds, sent out loads as testers so hoepfully some folks will report they found something interesting from those. I plant to work this line and do some backcrossing and linebreeding to try and create a seedline with the taste and high of the Mexican and the huge yield too, wouldn't mind shaving a couple of weeks of the flower time if poss too.

Although I like all three of these a lot, I really don't know what other folks will think of them, certainly the people I have shared the buds with have enjoyed them and in the flesh the Purple Afghan made everyone go 'wow' due to how unusual it looks, but to be brutally honest, until I've let a number of educated palettes try them, I can't really be too definite in my opinions as opionions are like belly buttons - everyone has one and they don't hold much water! The Kentish and Mexican are coming to the Cup with me, so looking forward to seeing what folks think, really a shame I don't have any Purple Afghan to bring, I'll make sure i have a load to bring next year tho! I'm fully prepared for folks to turn round and say, hmm, don't like it. Just cos I like something and think it's good doesn't mean shit in the big scheme of things, I hope folks will like them but won't get upset if they don't, after all I have thousands of seeds in my fridge and there are sure to be some belters hiding in there waiting to be grown and loved.

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

British_Hempire: I'm fully prepared for folks to turn round and say, hmm, don't like it. Just cos I like something and think it's good doesn't mean shit in the big scheme of things

Hi B_H, that's what I was saying before about the definition of 'elite', and you've just summed that up.

However, from reading many of your posts and seeing your pics, I can tell that you appreciate quality, and are a good judge, as well as the fact that everyone else who's tried your Jamaican clone agrees, so I'd say it's well on the way to having 'elite' status - if it gets the thumbs up at the cup, and by the sounds of things I think it will, then you have what could be considered elite.

I must say it certainly sounds and looks like an interesting plant. Ok, it's a hybrid and not real Jamaican/Indian genetics, but it looks and sounds great. I've personally had Lambsbread import from Jamaica, imported directly by Yardie gangs to the UK, and that was probably one of the strongest smokes I've ever had, that and Durban Poison imported straight from Durban by Africans. Both those 2 blew my mind, and especially on the Jamaican, but also the real DP, I was blacking out and having a strong purple field of vision, I couldn't see, lol

I can handle strong herb, but that was extremely strong, and I think it lowered my blood pressure so much I was blacking out, which is very unusual for me, and have only had it on those 2 herbs, despite having smoked hundreds of varieties of herb and hash.

Maybe it was to do with the fact that it was very high quality genetics grown outdoor in the Jamaican/African sun and soil.

I know you've got financial troubles, but it's great to hear you'll be making it to the cup: I will also be in the Dam at the time of the cup, and it would be a pleasure to meet you, and have a smoke and chat.

Peace

Last edited:
G

Cheers' bulldog, I'd love to meet up for a smokeout in the Dam, I reckon this year is gonna be a great event regardless of how the cup itself goes, too many cool cats are slinking there way into town for it not to be a cool time! I reckon if anyone, whoever it is says anything like 'I wish I had some <insert rare and esoteric clone-only name>' durign the Cup, they have to pay a forfeit! lol

I totally agree about outdoor African and jamaican weed grown in the sun full season to full maturity, it can be mind warpingly strong stuff. I used to have a great conenction for Jamaican weed in the mid 90s and it was always good, sometimes incredible. When he had 'gum' (finger rubbed Jamaican hash) it was stupefyingly potent, still the strongest and best hash I've smoked, total wipeout effect, not at all like a stony indica buzz.

I don't want folks to consider the Jamaican as 'mine'; I want it to be 'ours' as I truly think (and Elevator Man agrees) that it's of such quality and pretty much unique in our experience that we think it should be spread far and wide. I have two more plants I grew from the remaining 4 seeds, one female that looks just like the original female in veg and I have just cloned, and one male that had some Blueberry style variegation on it's first two sets of true leaves and took a while to start growing properly, but is now growing fine and looks similar to the two females. I'm going to make a load of seeds as well as some outcrosses so before too long other folks can grow and assess these genes. It is down to this Jamaican that folks weren't wowed by the OG Kush at all when I brought it to town, they already had this and it's both more resinous and (I think at least) a tad more potent. I'm still gutted I didn't get to sample the Bubble hash that was made from this Jamaican recently by Elevator Man, he tells me it was even more potent than my Trainwreck/Sour Diesel/Chemdawg/Nigerian/Mexican QWISO so I think that means it was somewhere between dangerous and lethal on the potency scale.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Great post BH and oh so true on all levels...
Thats the beauty of our favorite plant in that there are so many different versions you would have to be stuck on a deserted island to get bored with the variety...
Also that outdoor bud is loaded!!!!!And it was grown in the UK??Man you guys must of had one hell of a season as far as rain...Thats my problem outdoors...The humidity in the summer and then the rains sometimes come in the fall with cooler weather...We have 90-95 degree temps with 90+% humidity...It's like walking in water during the dog days of summer...
I remember Shanti saying that Durban was the strongest herb he had ever tried...

BB,
Agreed,anyone who starts reminising about "xxxxx" strain has to stand up and make an ass of himself....And buy the table a round of drinks...............

We are going to get DG and melt her down......She will be saying "it was those hash heathens that did it"the ones with the bloodshot eyes and the big grin on the their faces....
:laughing:

B

British_Bulldog

British_Hempire said:
Cheers' bulldog, I'd love to meet up for a smokeout in the Dam, I reckon this year is gonna be a great event regardless of how the cup itself goes, too many cool cats are slinking there way into town for it not to be a cool time!

Ok cool B_H, we will have to set up a meet, and I agree, there seems to be a hell of a lot of cool peeps going to the Dam for this 420....couldn't miss out now could I, LoL. I reckon I don't have the tolerance of you guys at the moment, and I am sensitive to drugs anyway.....but that just makes it all the more fun, lol :D

I reckon if anyone, whoever it is says anything like 'I wish I had some <insert rare and esoteric clone-only name>' durign the Cup, they have to pay a forfeit! lol

LoL, yeah and the forfeit is a huge bucket bong of the thickest and most expansive smoke! :D Cough that one up (for about 10 minutes, lol) before wishing for rare clone smoke again, haha

I totally agree about outdoor African and jamaican weed grown in the sun full season to full maturity, it can be mind warpingly strong stuff. I used to have a great conenction for Jamaican weed in the mid 90s and it was always good, sometimes incredible.

You know what I mean then m8, that stuff is something else, lol. I remember having to go into a Yardie shabeen for the smoke, along with the racist 'bloodclart' comments being hissed at me, but I am a brave f*cker and I think the only reason I would come out of there unharmed was because of my balls, lol.....I did have to psyche myself up before I went in though, and as a trained figher I can handle myself, but 10 against 1 isn't exactly fair is it, lol.......basically NO white guys went around there apart from me, haha

The most I would buy is an ounce at a time, as if I did get robbed, then I wouldn't have lost that much. It was also in a very shady area of an inner city ghetto, but I've seen worse and so wasn't put off, lol

When he had 'gum' (finger rubbed Jamaican hash) it was stupefyingly potent, still the strongest and best hash I've smoked, total wipeout effect, not at all like a stony indica buzz.

I've not had real import Jamaican gum, but I've made some from Jamaican plants I've grown myself, brought back from seed from Jamaica by a mate, grown and cloned - this smoke wasn't the strongest as herb, but a very nice wake and bake, earthy, energetic and motivational high, and the 'gum' I made from it was the same times by 5 :)

I'm still gutted I didn't get to sample the Bubble hash that was made from this Jamaican recently by Elevator Man, he tells me it was even more potent than my Trainwreck/Sour Diesel/Chemdawg/Nigerian/Mexican QWISO so I think that means it was somewhere between dangerous and lethal on the potency scale.

That does sound like awesome hash m8 :) Seriously strong, I like it, lol

And if you're gutted, why not just make some yourself? You could get industrial filter bags cheaply that work just as well as the bubblebags, and don't fall apart like those bubblebag copies.

See this company: Plastok in Liverpool - http://www.plastok.co.uk/filtration/bags.htm , and ask for Nylon Monofilament mesh filter bags - the price is good, and by the sounds of things, it's definately worth doing if that hash is as strong as it sounds!

[edit] and if you don't already know, the sizes you want are 25, (45), 75, 150 and 225 micron.

Peace

Last edited:
G

Yeah, that bud was grown in someone's back garden and yes, it rains a lot here, amazing the Jamaican will grow here, and it grows very well indeed. A lil bit leafy but the leaves are chocked in resin so who cares. I know one person who point black REFUSES to trim his indoor hydro KC as the leaves are so coated.

Here's some pics of my first attempt with the KC cut, she is at 57 days. I wasn't expecting the stretch on this momma, she tripled in height, so as you can see, only the top part has proper buds, the rest is popcorn. Not sure how long she is gonna take, looks a much more sativa expression in my hands for some reason, Elevator Man's looked quite different to mine, but apparently, it looks different everytime someone else grows it, many different expressions it seems, but they all seem to have the same taste and potency. I've made some colloidal silver so as soon as I can, I'm gonna self this cut and make KC S1s to see how stable she is.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

This is the plant from which I will bring some buds to the cup.

You can see the resin production starts early in these shots taken at 30 days:

DSCF0041.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

Cheers nanner man, you coming to the cup?

G

I didn;t see your post Bulldog, must have been writing mine!

I like the sounds of this meet up already, I think it will be not only a right laugh but a very good discussion too, lots of knowledgeable folks for sure.

I understand where you're coming from with the Yardies, I have had some similar experiences myself, and the rough parts of town aren't so bad if you're not stupid, the rougher the place, the better the chances of finding some top smoke imho! I was lucky and had some west Indian friends who were my conenction so I didn't have to deal with any truly unpleasant characters to get the good stuff.

Thanks for the tip on the filter bags. I'm so skint I can't afford even the cheap ones! lol. I could make some KC dry sift from the trim. If it wasn't such a small plant I could trim the buds then save the popcorn and trim and bring it to the Dam, seeing as we are gonna be hanging out in the Pollinator, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to make some hash there!

I am harvesting a Cheese x Yumboldt, a large sativa (not saying what, it's my entry for the cup) and a Blueberry x Zamalhaze tomorrow, another BB x Zh should be done before the Cup and maybe my Black Domina, Hashplant and Dark Kush will also be done in time, so I should have some more good trim to play with before the Cup, seeing as I've already made 5g of dry sift pucks to bring, I'll try to make some bubblehash with the new trim, can always go visit someone who has some bags!

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Yea she shows a lot of sativa in her flowers...

Wonderful flowers I'm sure!!I have some other sativa I could bring also thats called Krush..
I had no idea it was a sativa and it grew straight up long spike like profile...
Really resin coated flowers and looks to be about 10 to 14 days out...

Have you guys read anything on here about Krush?Strange unique odor..I will bring some if the potency is up there...Someone has been passing it around some so it must be OK I guess....

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
BH - you can see why I crossed the Kentish Creme with Flo in that first pic - almost identical structure in branching and budding. The crosses are doing well, and I'm just waiting for them all to sex so I can get the best male/female to take them further.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
E-man those are some killer pics of yours as well...Getting used to that though....
I hope you are able to make it over this year.........................?

B

British_Bulldog

British_Hempire said:
I didn;t see your post Bulldog, must have been writing mine!
lol, yeah we wrote our posts at the same time

I like the sounds of this meet up already, I think it will be not only a right laugh but a very good discussion too, lots of knowledgeable folks for sure.
Too right! :D

I understand where you're coming from with the Yardies, I have had some similar experiences myself, and the rough parts of town aren't so bad if you're not stupid, the rougher the place, the better the chances of finding some top smoke imho! I was lucky and had some west Indian friends who were my conenction so I didn't have to deal with any truly unpleasant characters to get the good stuff.
Lucky you! What happened with me was, I had a Jamaican friend, and we would go around in my car, but I would have to wait around the corner. He would go in and get the buds, and for a very cheap price because he was Jamaican.

Then our friendship parted over his comments to a girl I was trying to get with, nothing crude or unpleasant, just unwanted comments, so I went around and tried to have a chat with him. I thought he'd understood, but it turned out he'd drank a bottle of rum and smoked a big bag of the Jamaican herbs, so said he couldn't remember anything of our conversation the night before! and continued to make those comments, so I said it'd be better if we didn't hang around together anymore.....we always maintained a level of mutual respect towards each other though, and I ended up having a 5 year relationship with the girl and nearly marrying her, lol

After that problem with him, I was smoking some homegrown for a while, then an African friend from Durban took me around to the Jamaican shabeen and introduced me to the main man there. After that I used his mobile number to go around - people answering the door would say no-one of that name was there, but I would see him and he'd call for me to come in.The others definately weren't happy about this and the main man just laughed and respected me, because I had the balls to walk right in there, through a gambling room and into the kitchen where they always had a huge pot of Jamaican food cooking, and on the kitchen worktop a big amount of the herbs. Like you would get some top quality sometimes, this guy would wink at me when it was special when handing it over, lol

I ended up having to stop going around, because me as a white guy going around was causing trouble within the black community, and to keep the peace, I stopped.

Thanks for the tip on the filter bags. I'm so skint I can't afford even the cheap ones! lol.
Well when you get some funds together, you know what to do m8, lol :D

I could make some KC dry sift from the trim.
Well I'm sure that would be very high grade and tasty, even from the 'crude' device, as you put it, you're using.

If it wasn't such a small plant I could trim the buds then save the popcorn and trim and bring it to the Dam, seeing as we are gonna be hanging out in the Pollinator, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to make some hash there!
I think that would be very possible!

I am harvesting a Cheese x Yumboldt, a large sativa (not saying what, it's my entry for the cup) and a Blueberry x Zamalhaze tomorrow, another BB x Zh should be done before the Cup and maybe my Black Domina, Hashplant and Dark Kush will also be done in time, so I should have some more good trim to play with before the Cup, seeing as I've already made 5g of dry sift pucks to bring, I'll try to make some bubblehash with the new trim, can always go visit someone who has some bags!
The buds sound interesting, as do the pucks, which also look nice, and if you could get the bubblehash sorted, then if it's anything like EM's, I'm sure it could blow minds, lol

Peace

Last edited:
G

Hi Em. Yeah, like we were joking the other day, would not surprise me at all if the KC was actually some DJ gear acclimatised to Jamaica, the similarities are spooky in some ways.

Keep the most KC leaning J-lo male mate, there is no KC male, the other plant turned out to be female and looks identical to the KC, the other Jamaican plant that is male clearly isn't KC and is a hermie to boot.

Never heard of Krush CC, sorry.

Great story Bulldog, I've never been that deep into black society, I had some good friends but being a big white country yokel with ginger hair I was always gonna stick otu like a sore thumb. I knew an old West Indian guy who always used to have some great hash, used to just sell me a tenners worth every time, and it was usually a good 5g and potent as hell, I remember some pieces were a bit too strong really, after smoking some you had to just sit down and do nowt for a while. I listened to a lot of dub back in those days and for a year lived with three rastas so became very fond of both Jamaican ganja and rice and peas, both being constants in my life that year. I fell out with them over a girl in very similar circumstances to your story. My girlfriend at the time was scared of them as they were always making comments she didn't like, usually about her ass or chest, both of which were substantial.

Last edited:
G

Some Great rooms/plants/buds here - kudos to all who grow the DANK

Hey Capt' the thread got away from me a bit.

I love the ESCD cut :bashhead:
I don't think I can make the Dam - exchange rate is killer right now -- I may stiil try / Nol's in Har.. is where I would rather stay. I love his shop & the town

New Kido giving ya fits? LOL - love em

Good to be back among friends

Keep it frosty & Keep the bait in the water & set the hook hard! It may be a keeper!

HI DG :wave:

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Fredster,
Do not know the PAfghani..
And yes he could never get rid of the mites and gave them to me twice..Luckily I have done away with those Borg basturds...
It msy not be the most potent I have but is certainly the most stinky!!!
One small bud will fill a room with the funk!
I like popping the film canister in my pocket and and letting it out for 10 seconds and then popping it back on...You can watch as it hits people around you ..Funny as hell...You can hear people"damn what was that.."LOL!