What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 420 Growers & Breeders Cup 2008 Info

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
bh,
PM me when you get time and let me know whats up...Is there anything we can do to help ya?
Give me a shout when time allows.....................................CC

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Yes,
the GH shop being used in the closing ceramonies is the new shop which is the biggest of all the GH shops...Should be a killer time indeed!!!!

G

The problem is, I'm unemployed and I did some work for my best mate's company on the sly. he never paid me and has turned into a coke fiend and shut everyone out of his life so I'm skint. I used the money I had to pay for the flight and hotel, expecting to be paid. I have enough money to survive, just because I've been frugal but my car tax , MOT and insurance all run out in a week and i have no money to pay them. I live 120 miles from the airport and don't know anyone who could give me a lift there and pick me back up again. Also, I won't have any cash for the trip to the Dam.

I can't go and kick the crap out of him till he pays me as he knows I grow and where my grow is, he is one of only two people that know, the other being his wife. I'm just in a bad frame of mind in some ways right now as my closest friends, almost overnight have destroyed their own lives and turned into completely different people and managed to almost ruin thing for me too.

What the fuck is it about me and the icmag cup? Last year I got home to find my garden had been destroyed! I've worked my balls off ever since to build it up again and everything is looking great, got some really different, nay unique strains and generally very happy with my garden, just other parts of my life have turned to shitola.

So unless I get a job and get paid or rob a bank before the cup, I really can't see any way I can make it. I could sell my stash but that would mean no weed to smoke which is worse than being skint by far!

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Damn right my friend,being without weed sucks...And I have seen the pics of that stuff and it is fuckin' nice!!!!Several nice varieties kickin'!!!!!

I had a cousin that actually killed himself over that shit bro....Shotgun to the head when they had him cornered in a barn out in the country..He had burned everyone in our whole family repeatedly....Several of us(family members) tried to get him help but would put him up at our place and you couldn't lock the shit down with padlocks.....I had so much stuff grow legs and walk off that I had to finally cut my losses....

If something like that keeps you from making it I can say thats a sad day indeed...Friend aren't supposed to do that shit....I hope you let him know you had purchased a plane ticket thats non-refundable...Thats total BS....What a real asshole people can become under the influence of chemicals...

Do not give up yet or sale off your ticket as you still have 5 weeks...You never know what might develop in that timeframe....

I hope you can work something out.....Was looking forward to meeting everyone and having a huge smokeout....

Take care.............................................CC

G

Thanks for the kinds words CC. I went through some similar stuff myself a few years back band it nearly killed me. I consider myself a much stronger and more stable person since, I was ablle to turn the experience on it's head and turn it into a positive in the long run as it made me stronger. The legacy of what happened to me is that I demand honesty from my friends. They don't have to be saints, but they must be honest. i live in the middle of nowhere, 25 miles from the nearest town of any size and without my car I'm trapped here, can't use public transport to get to work so makes finding a job a lot harder. My ex-mate knows all this very well, he obviously doesn't give a shit about me as he's fully aware of the damage he's caused to my life.

I'm not giving up, I can manage for 3 days in the Dam on not much cash at all really, once I've bought my judge's pass I won't have to worry about weed.

One option, and it's a painful one, is to sell the fine sativa I've got put to one side to enter in the cup, it wouldn't bring enough to sort out my car issues, but it would get me nearly half-way there. I might be able to raise or borrow the other half.

There is a very definite market for the buds I have here, there is no commercial of any quality to be had, it's either bad soapbar resin or ocassionally awful indoor hydro that is still wet and flowered 45 days max. I went to see an old friend today and he loves weed but can never get any worth smoking so he's destroying his lungs with soapbar. I gave him some Sour D, not much as I don't have much, but he was so overjoyed he hugged me - then he had a nice big bong hit (I forgot to warn him it was potent as fuck) and promptly went bright red and giggled like a schoolgirl, that cat was high. Then you should have seen the mess people were in at the party I took a bit of Trainwreck to. If I were to offer my reaming SD and TW buds for sale I could charge 20 quid a gram and folks would be very happy indeed to pay that much. Sod that, I don't grow weed for profit, I'd rather smoke it myself and be frugal than have no weed and a wad of cash. If I had a few lamps and a load of plants meaning I had excess to dispose of, it would be 20 quid an eighth, no more, no less as I think that's more than fair and I would only sell to my close friends which you can count on your fingers. Greed is the best way to get busted.

I've been putting one bud from each good plant I've had recently to one side to bring to the cup to share with folks, so far there are two phenos of SD, two phenos of TW, Purple Afghan x Cheese and Chemdawg D x Nigerian Silk, all nicely cured. There will be a couple more including some Zamalhaze as I promised some folks at last year's cup I'd bring some. It will be harvested in the next 2 weeks so won't have much time to cure, but you'll be able to see why I love it so much. There will be some Cheese x Yumboldt and Blueberry x Zamalhaze too. Best of all, the Jamaican Kentish Cream cut will be chopped in about 10 days so I can bring a lil bit of that too, I know lots of folks drooled on their keyboards when they saw Elevator Man's pics of it, I've smoked a few samples of it, both soil, hydro and outdoor grown and it's always fucking incredible, be nice to share what I think is just about the only really elite Northern English cut with all the US cats and show ya we might not have 50 differents sorts of Kush like Cali, but us northerners have some dank-ass shit of our own too. If the plant was bigger or I'd go time to flower some more cuts of it I'd enter it in the cup, I really think it's that good and I wanna see what you guys think or her cos we all really love her here.

DSCF0013.jpg

I'll bring a loaf of Trainwreck beans with me too, both pure and some TW hybrids. I wonder if I will piss Arjan off if I hand them out in the GH shop? Would pissing Arjan off be a bad thing or fun? I would like to find out!

So I'm not gonna let this get me down and I'm gonna work hard on sorting it out cos I really want to come and join the smokeout, I got all paranoid and didn't bring anything with me last year and I didn't manage to make it to Haarlem (wish I'd seen the guy faceplant the table!) and to cap it all, managed to get detached from the group and didn't make the big smokeout at Pink Floyd so I wanna do things properly this year. If I don't make it, it won't be for lack of effort on my part! I mean come on, a load of cool cats are gonna be gathered together with what will be one of the best collective stashes on the planet at that moment in time, no way can I not be there if it is physically possible for me to get there!

Now I'm off to meet a lady for a drink then I'm gonna smoke her out with a cunning blend of TW and SD, should be fun! Have a good weekend everybody!

P.S. Who the fuck needs coke when I have SD and TW????? This shit is strong enough for me and much more fun!

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Hey bro,
the majority of the "elites" going around the states are no better than a select Sensi Star,Blueberry or White Widow....
It's just that it happened to be really good to someone and a few others agree and all the sudden it's called an elite.....LOL!

Now the Trainwreck,OGK's,Bubba's,Purple Indica(Ultra Violet),ECSD(the cut) are every bit as good as you hear on this site.....
But most are just good smoke and nothing more than what you find growing out a few hundred seeds...(people can take this to the bank:For every 200 seed plants you grow out you are going to find at least 5 really nice plants to choose from...And chances are one of these will fall in this "elite" class....)

If people would start growing from seed and quit worrying about the "elites" out there they would be so much better off and so would the diversity of our favorite plant...
Theres nothing like having 20 or 30 Blueberry females to choose from and everyone of them being a little different from the previous with no 2 alike....Now thats killer!!!And so so flavorful!!
My Superfruit clone came from a seed I grew out and I have yet to smoke anything with more pure potency...(just ask Mr. Dank)Shit will leave you in a coma!!She's best in hybrids where her potency can be cleaned up a bit by a quality Blueberry or similar IBL...

That Cheese clone that was found in the UK is a badass little lady!!!Swerve has it and might have some soon...I can't wait to run that one either...
Do you guys know who discovered that one???It's been said to be a skunk #1 although I have never run across a cheesey odored Sk#1 in all the plants I 've grown of that one...
Let me know if you guys have anymore info on genetic makeup..
Take care.....................................CC

31 days until departure!!!

G

Hi CC

I totally agree about elites, equally good stuff to be found from seed. It was only May last year that I obtained my first elite cuts - OG Kush and Cheese. Thought they were both really good but I already had mothers just as good I grew from seed. Same thing with the Trainwreck, Sour Diesel etc. I've grown fom seed, yes they are suprb, but I've grown plants just as good from less well known seeds many times before. Wasn't till some elite genes reached these parts that I could judge just how good they were. The 3 most interesting lines I have all came from bagseed grown by me or friends.

The Cheese is a select Skunk #1 pheno discovered in 1989 at the Exodus Collective at Haz Manor, Luton. It looks just like Skunk # but has a unique terpenoid profile that gives it the huge smell and taste and the no ceiling high. I'm bringing a small sample of Cheese x Yumbolt and Cheese x Purple Afghan with me so you an tryu those.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
There's been some pretty good batches of cheese being grown in the dam I've been reading..
Now on the OGKush,there are so many different versions and some are much better than others..Same with ecsd...The cut is so strong in odor in cannot be contained...!!!Truly unbelieveable herb or at least the one I have is...ot very impressed with this gear..Several refused to do much of anything and some even were mostly sativa..
It's looks like the small Bubba plant will b e ready also so I should have at least 1/2 to 3/4 of an oz.!!!!!
I'm hooking up my friend there that is excepting my packages and also one other of our friends there is getting a generous care package....
I should still have 3 oz's of killer stuff...Share half of that during the cup and the other for all of us to party with...
I just got back a bit ago and went ahead and chopped that Trainwreck (S1)...
Crazy-ass sativa plant....I think it's gonna have to get packaged for a trip across the pond....Also chopped several beautiful Sweet Tooth #3's...Couple of God Buds as well and was not impressed with this gear..Some refused to fill out and some carried heavy sativa traits...
One looked quite nice but I did not even keep any material for revegging as it is very unstable....

Hitr you guys back in a bit...........................................CC

G

Sounds like you have a right old colelction of dank there Capt! Look forward to seeing your TW, is it the Arcata cut? The TW I have is from Woodhorse Seeds, like it a lot and had a couple of plants that looked just like pics of the cut I've seen.

I think the stash I'll be bringing will be only about an oz, but I've been busy making hash today and there should be about 5g of hash in my stash too.

Capt. Crip

Veteran
If I had some Bags I would make a batch of bubble...I do not want to blow the money right now though..
The TW I was talking about is an S1(selfed seeds)...I have the Arcata cut also but will not be ready for the trip...

G

Finally, one almost foolproof way to determine if the OG Kush is the real cut.

I joke, but to an extent it is true.

If it is the most potent strain in the stable, almost unobtainable in terms of real yield, (unless one gets it dialed-in in a greenie, and "Does Battle" with Miss Downy and Mrs. Powdery Mildew) almost impossible to grow, but hands down the one that you hear the most about by far..... Then it is probably "it."

"It" is extremely rare anymore.......

Or, if it is the best bud ever sampled, lol, another good indication of its' possible authenticity....

Have a seat still held on a great flight plan, and an 'oke' apartment available as of now, but with the Euro costing so much, I really want to make sure that I want to go. And, maybe more importantly, that other 'things,' at their best are ready, as well.

G

Yeah, I bought cheap bags last year after my trusty old ice-o-later ones were ruined in a freak whisk accident. The cheap ones fell apart after the first use after I was rinsing them off, complete waste of money.

To be honest, although bubble hash is very potent and very clean of comtaminants, I find it lacking in flavour. Yes it gets you smashed, but I prefer to savour the smell, taste and effects of my smoke rather than just get anihilated rather quickly. I prefer to make dry sift, not only is it a lot easier and less meassy and time consuming, it pastes better too. Often the taste of the buds is replcated in the dry sift, I remember a batch of zamalhaze dry sift that had the same taste and effects as the buds but intensified 5x, very good stuff indeed. I was chatting to someone the other day and they also preferred dry sift for the flavour it has and they reckoned the little bits of pistils and cystolith hairs and plant matter that end up in it help account for it's taste.

I've made half a dozen nice little round pucks of pressed dry sift to bring to the cup. They are all made from the same trim but I've pressed them for different lengths ot time at different temperatures so some are large blonde and looks like lightly pressed kif and some are half the size but dark brown and oily from being heated at 100 degrees celsius for a while. They will have a month to cure then we can see how the different pressings and heatings have affected the taste and potency of the pucks. I'm sure some of the educated hash palettes present will be able to help me figure out which combination of temperature and duration makes the best pressed kif.

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

About the OG Kush. I was lucky enough to be gifted a cut of the Abusive OG Kush and it is a damn good strain. Yes, it stretches a lot and yes, the yield isn't great, but it is pretty damn potent and can be tasty if grown well. The cut I flowered was okay, I didn't get her dialled in at all so a bit lacking in taste but very potent with a strong body effect friends described as melting. I was warned about Mildew when I was given the cut. I saw no signs of it and neither has anyone else I've passed the cut onto, thankfully. Elevator Man grew the cut after i passed it to him and he got it exactly perfectly dialled in first time, only other OG I've seen that looked as good as ograskal's. EM's was more tasty than mine and perhaps a tad more potent, the yield was good too, he pruned and trained her into many colas and having seem EM's, I;d say it;s a strain that causes controversy because it has to be dialled in to be really special. The way I grew it it was damn good but I've had better. The way EM grew it it was right up there with the other really good heavy indicas I've sampled. I prefer Sour Diesel though and EM certainly preferred the taste too, it's just as potent as the Og but a more clear heady high, the body stone comes on later after you;ve smoked a fair bit.

Last edited:

Capt. Crip

Veteran
Yea bro thats the abusive..It does not have much odor and the calyxes get fuckin' huge during ripening...Superfrosty!!!I will have a bunch of that and the SFV...Swerves cut...

they seem to be easy to dial in if you use the right nutes...I started using the same stuff as Raskal and the plants look just like his...Both OGK's and the Bubba look perfectly grown..That Tiger Bloom is the shit for the Kushes...

I couldn't believe that the abusive didn't get more odorous with all the resin...It is not even 1/5 the odor of the ECSD I have...I expected them to rival the strong odor of the Diesel but it's just not gonna happen..I'm glad I will have some ECSD to harvest right before I leave...Only have 60 or 65 days on her but that will do...I like it best at 75 days..

I'm learning this grow that there will be less plants in the mother room...I am tossing everything that is not top notch...I'm done with playing the name game...This "Original Diesel"aka Headband cutting is a joke as well...It might be good for someone with no other way of getting seeds or clones but not a keeper as far as I'm concerned..Maybe sparks will fly out it's ass over these last 2 weeks.....The odor is not diesel at all but kinda fruityish...

Getting ready to throw the Sharon White Widow and the Ultra Violet Purple Kush in flower....Also a bunch of DJShort gear...I'm always growing some of his stuff...I have the Blueberry,Blue Moonshine and Flo this round...I'm putting plants in flower between 20 and 24" ....And just dating them individually.....The Sensi Durban and Federation Hawaiian Sativa...Just finished with the Island Sweet Skunk...And Mikado has been floering for 4 weeks or so..

I can make a batch of dry sift no problem!!!Bubbly sift too!!!I can either make a small batch of really potent sift or a little bigger batch of a little less potent sift...I have such a smorgassborg of plants coming ripe that theres no way to make it with individual flavors...The dry sift has way more flavor than the iso and may or may not be more or less potent..If you are set up to dry sift right,,,you can rival any iso out there with the same starting material...
It's not the plant parts that give the sift the flavor while the iso is just pure potency..It's the fact that the trichs have not been washed...The washing robs the trichs of much of their flavor....
I'll see if I can bare to keep my hands out of the trim until a week before departure and keep collecting from all these frosty individuals....Should be able to make a nice little chunk and it's like fresh chewed bubblegum in consistency at room temp....I like smearing it into a putty in the palm with just a little pressure from the thumb...KILLER!!

Man I can't wait.................................CC
30 days.....:jump:

G

I don't know why, but all my plants end up expressing more sativa than EM's. We have similar grows, similar environments, he uses soil with Canna butes, I use coco with Canna nutes. I think it might be the way I reduce N a lot as soon as the plants start flowering and give them some PK13-14 every day, we've racked our brains trying to work out why, that is all we can coime up with. The same cuts grown by him and me have turned out quite different. Certainly my OG Kush was a much more sativa expression than EM's. I'll put that down to the way I grew it as we both used Canna nutes.

Some really good genes you have there, the Sharon I've heard is mega potent, it's by TRC isn't it? I can highly recommend the Flo, EM turned me onto that one, and I really love Blueberry too. Love to see some pics of the Mikados, might try a run of that myself as a friend has clones. I've heard the Hawaiian sativa is awesome, Ganico loves it, wonder why Federation have stopped selling it? I really wanted some of their ISS and Ortega too.

My dry sift is rather crude, I just use one of those really cheap handheld shaker. Sure it has a few pistils and lil buts of green matter, but who cares as it smokes so nice. I wish they made these little shakers with different micron size screens then I could do a second shaking to further refine the kif, but hey, can't have everything. It so simple and easy and I am happy with the end product. I'll be mopre thasn happy to sample your more refined products tho, you never know, you might convince me to refine my methods too!

The washing thing, I guess this means some of the flavenoids, terpenoids etc. are water soluble, unlike THC.

G

Forgot to mention, looks pretty definite I can come to the cup now, forgot I was owed some expenses for some charity work I did. I checked how much Willie Nelson tickets are and they are 105 euros, so I won't be able to afford to go to see Willie, sadly.

Maybe if we turn up with a big stash of fine dank and plead, they will let us in! 'We have brought Willie a sorgasbord of fine buds and hashes, let us in please, pretty please!!!' lol

Capt. Crip

Veteran
British_Hempire said:
The washing thing, I guess this means some of the flavenoids, terpenoids etc. are water soluble, unlike THC.

Bingo!
Or this is my thought on the matter...I'm gonna have to try to make a small piece to bring as well..Just Have to remember the big picture and stay out of it...Oh how I love to smoke hash...

I will enter my Neville's Haze in next years event..I just wish all the cups demanded a more pure sativa for sativa entries....The fact that a variety with the name Khia Kush wins the sativa cup at this years HT is crazy...

Jack Herrer and Sensi Mothers Finest are as much indica as should be allowed...
And it also takes an experienced smoker to judge sativa...Newbie smokers have to have the cloudy fuzzy high to feel like they are actually high..
Now I cannot stand a weak sativa that someone has to say it just real clear blah blah blah...If it's strong you will know it LOL!

G

You concur exactly with my thoughts on sativas. That is why, this year, I am entering a long flowering sativa with an unusual high, in my experience, it's speedy, soaring high comes on fast and cuts through any other stone/high you may already be experiencing, god knows what other folks will think of it but I love it and the folks I've shared the buds with also found them rather unusual in their effects. I'll say no more as it's a blind vote yada yada yada but I will say my entry is much more sativa in nature than anything that was entered last year and of rather obscure origins, after all, what's better, to enter something that is well known and familiar or something from right out of left field so to speak?

Next year I'll make sure I have at least one pure sativa to either enter or bring with me in some quantity, I've turned a lot of my friends onto the joys of a pure sat, maybe some indica heads can be pleasantly surprised by the power of a sativa.

Capt. Crip said:
Hey bro,
the majority of the "elites" going around the states are no better than a select Sensi Star,Blueberry or White Widow....
It's just that it happened to be really good to someone and a few others agree and all the sudden it's called an elite.....LOL!

Now the Trainwreck,OGK's,Bubba's,Purple Indica(Ultra Violet),ECSD(the cut) are every bit as good as you hear on this site.....
But most are just good smoke and nothing more than what you find growing out a few hundred seeds...(people can take this to the bank:For every 200 seed plants you grow out you are going to find at least 5 really nice plants to choose from...And chances are one of these will fall in this "elite" class....)

If people would start growing from seed and quit worrying about the "elites" out there they would be so much better off and so would the diversity of our favorite plant...
Theres nothing like having 20 or 30 Blueberry females to choose from and everyone of them being a little different from the previous with no 2 alike....Now thats killer!!!And so so flavorful!!
My Superfruit clone came from a seed I grew out and I have yet to smoke anything with more pure potency...(just ask Mr. Dank)Shit will leave you in a coma!!She's best in hybrids where her potency can be cleaned up a bit by a quality Blueberry or similar IBL...

That Cheese clone that was found in the UK is a badass little lady!!!Swerve has it and might have some soon...I can't wait to run that one either...
Do you guys know who discovered that one???It's been said to be a skunk #1 although I have never run across a cheesey odored Sk#1 in all the plants I 've grown of that one...
Let me know if you guys have anymore info on genetic makeup..
Take care.....................................CC

31 days until departure!!!

You can grow out 10000 blueberry seeds and never find an elite. Elite genetics means they are only found in clone form thus contributing to their elusiviness. you can order 20 variertys of blueberry from diff breeders but what if you want hp13 or hogsbreath or og kush>>>you cant get tehm because theyr ELITE

I understand your saying that a good sensi star or blueberry could be as good as an good elite. but again you can grow 100000 haze seeds - but your not going to find a sour diesel or a purple urkle..

and the cheese is a skunk hybrid that was big in UK for loong ass time until buddah got a cut from his dealer and dusted it with an afghani to make the cheese beans. swerve probably has the seed version and not the original clone version which is an ELITE

Last edited:
G

You can grow out 10000 blueberry seeds and never find an elite. Elite genetics means they are only found in clone form thus contributing to their elusiviness. you can order 20 variertys of blueberry from diff breeders but what if you want hp13 or hogsbreath or og kush>>>you cant get tehm because theyr ELITE

I understand your saying that a good sensi star or blueberry could be as good as an good elite. but again you can grow 100000 haze seeds - but your not going to find a sour diesel or a purple urkle..

and the cheese is a skunk hybrid that was big in UK for loong ass time until buddah got a cut from his dealer and dusted it with an afghani to make the cheese beans. swerve probably has the seed version and not the original clone version which is an ELITE

Erm, elite simply means the plant is of sufficient quality to be considered among the very best available, it does not mean clone only. Too many people are hung up on all this big name elite rubbish, plants of elite quality aren't hard to find from seed, just a case of looking for them. All this fuss about big name clones has done a lot of harm to the diversity of the genepool, new blood needs to be injected rather then retreading the same old tired genes once again. Besides, there are far too many Kushes already, we really don't need anymore!

Latest posts

Latest posts