What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 420 Growers & Breeders Cup 2008 Info

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Before giving any details......just want to say to everyone who has been waiting...........

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Many apologies to those uncertain upon whether or not the 2008 IC Mag Growers and Breeders Cup would actually be taking place.

We have found a good venue and we are going ahead with the Cup this year as we have done for many years, so....listen up. :D

The official dates are April 19 and 20, 2008 and the event will take place in Amsterdam, as it has done in previous years. :jump:

Mila, owner of the Pollinator Company and Hemp Hotel, has kindly agreed to help out and for us to hold the 2008 Growers and Breeders Cup at this address:

Pollinator Company
Nieuwe Herengracht 25
1011 RL Amsterdam
Netherlands
http://www.pollinator.nl
(There is an excellent map which can be viewed here also...once on the site, click on Contact)

We are still in the planning stage for some of the details but have secured this location as our main venue during the event. Those who have had the pleasure of meeting Mila before know her to be a very sweet and gracious person...those who have not met her previously are in for a treat! She is known by many as the 'Queen of Hash'. :D

Anyone who would like to enter a Sativa, Indica, or Hashish entry please contact me via PM for shipping details. The amount required to enter is 28 grams for cannabis and 14 grams for Hashish. There will be no entry fee this year for ANYONE (be it independent grower or breeder/seed co). Entry Deadline: April 15th

Those who wish to attend and need accommodation please contact:

The Hemp Hotel
Frederiksplein 15 1017XK Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Telephone: ++31 20 625 44 25
E-mail: mila@hemp-hotel.com
http://www.hemp-hotel.com

There will be one type of Judge Pass this year...with each judge being entitled to grade all three categories....Indica, Sativa, and Hashish with no distinction between independent and breeder entries.

We do not wish to affix a price yet for a Judge this year until we have an idea of how many entries the IC Mag 420 Growers and Breeders Cup may have, but be assured it won't be expensive. Judge Passes will be available for purchase on site in the dam with no advance sales. The 'on site' location for receiving a Judge package will not be pre-announced.

Gypsy and I look forward to welcoming all past attendees as well as those making the trek for the first time this year! :D

It's almost PARTY TIME! :joint:

See you in the Dam!
:D
dg

Dam...(pun intended)
Sounds like the place to be! Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend due to a very busy shedule that month, but am going to be there next year come hell or highwater!

So, whos gonna take this Cup home for 2008?

J

JamesChong

Have fun everyone and smoke one for me. Would have been there this year. If we would have know sooner, but no ones fault. I should have known better. Make plans for something else, they have the event. Boy I just love life. See you guys for the HTCC in Nov. Take care and have a wonderful and safe trip.
Later,
BG

I fore see Arjan winning a cup, lolol Boy, I'm a joker. I see Head Seeds placing again this year. I also see maybe something from Capt Crip also placing or something from JLP. Good luck to those that enter.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Sorry BG,
I will not have anything ready by the deadline...
I will have some ...............and a few others there but none will be ready by the deadline....I wouldn't be able to send anything until about the 1st of april...

I'm sure there will be plenty of entries sent in even with the short anouncement as many were getting gear ready before it was called off....

I'm sure I will have collected many goodies by the time the 19th rolls around...LOL!!!

See you all there.......................................CC

Last edited:

booforever

excellent news, as a 420 virgin i hope you'll all be gentle with me hehe...it'll be an honour to be in the company of such legends...thanks for all yer efforts.

G

well tryn to make it.. dunno yet as im waiting on some money to come in.. but i ahve the sfv ready to go and the chem d as well.. got some bubba to boot. when is the deadline to send in.??? even though i wont have a plane ticket till prob 14 or so days before the cup...

K

Karma Genetics

Got my sleeping place, Now i just hope i get my entry's ready in time. But i think that is no problem.

Sorry for that i didn't think abour that. apoligeze DG

Last edited:
G

Karma Genetics said:
Got my sleeping place, Now i just hope i get my entry's ready in time. But i think that is no problem. I hope to enter

i'd edit that asap ,,,mentioning entries prior to the blind judging event is very much frowned upon :badday:

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Quick catch hazy.......has now been edited.

No mentioning of varieties ya'll... please....this is a blind judging event.

Thanks,
dg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Woohoo, thats good news all round

way to go Dutchgrown, i hope to get my ass over there as usual :D

i think its awesome to have the cattegories all in one, will be so much fun for the judges.

can't wait to see everyone again.

:wave:

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Thanks for the deadline post DG..
Hell if I can get a good flush on my gear and get it out before I leave I may throw something into the pot...Not being able to give buds a couple of months of cure takes away from their overall effect(flavor/odor)..
I'll be happy just being there.........

Have to wait and see I guess......................Good luck and I hope lots of you are able to make it...........

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Due to not having much to spend on the event this year....we wont be having a HUGE rock and rollin' gig and awards ceromony at the end of the cup as we did last year....it will be a slightly more laid back situation.....But there is plenty to do in Amsterdam and I am sure that no-one will be short of finding amusement out there......

The Cup will be held over a weekend in the spring time (April 19th-20th)so Amsterdam should be quite busy just before Queens day..........Just watching the ladies go by on the bicycles is enough fun for many zoned out of their bonces on some good 'erb or hash.......Lots of places to visit like Haarlem and a multitude of coffeeshops to hang out in........

G

It's all good.... To me, it is all about the people, and the shrubbery....

If one is bored in AMS, it is time to examine the noggin. Something is not operating properly.

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Thanks Gypsy!! Come on April :woohoo: When can we pick up the Judge's pass? I gotta have one of those!! mitsu

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I have to say I like the idea of a laid back peaceful party instead of a rocknrollcircus, nothing against loud music but thinking bout the unofficial party in ´06...boy that was FUN...