What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 420 Growers & Breeders Cup 2008 Info

G

well i am searching for a nice pot friendly hotel. last time i was there they said they were smoke friendly the guy even told me about a few good shops then bam when we started to smoke holy shit watch out gustapo came barging in...dnt recommend hotel de la haye to anyone.. so tryn to find a new place....nice clean smoke friendly and cheap any suggestions

G

Try the Old Quarter or it's sister Old Nickel, thyeare on Warmoesstraat just off the damn right by the station, I have stayed both places and they are clean, friendly and let you smoke as much pot as you like. Only 50 euros a night too so very cheap, I'm staying at the Old Quarter myself for the Cup.

http://www.oldquarter.com/

G

Willie Nelson is playing the Melkweg 9pm, 22nd April, dammit, wish I could afford to stay the extra night!

billbob

the last few times i have gone priceline has found me some great hotels for under 100 a night and all first class. Never had a problem with the smoking and of course I do a lot of that!

G

Shoot, you're right, it's the 21st. Dammit, he goes on at 9pm and I fly home at 9.30! Wonder if i can change my flights? Gotta go see Willie!

JLP

Veteran
Willie and Family puts on a great show.

I sent an email to his site inviting him to the cup but they responded and said he couldn't attend because of scheduling.

Willie also has a new feature at his concerts,after the show you can purchase a rubber bracelet for about $25 and it has the whole show you just watched on it.It has a USB plug so you can download onto your computer.

If you get within 20 feet of the stage you are in bandanna catching territory!!!

JLP

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Update.....update......update........

Just got off the phone with Arjan, and now that it is official, can update here and let you all know that the Awards Ceremony will be held at the new Green House United coffee shop @ Haarlemerstraat 64 on the 20th. Am waiting now to receive some jpg pics of the new shop and will post them here. It is a 'very' large place and Arjan has given us the whole shop to use! :woohoo: No doubt he will be doing his best to see that everyone receives the utmost in hospitality...he knows how to be the life of a party! :woohoo:

Not to give too much info away...gotta keep ya in suspense just a bit :wink: ...but the word catering was used. :canabis: Amoung lots of other goodies!

:D
dg

SlyCrayon

420 Cup 2008

420 Cup 2008

I am excited to hear there will be a 420 Cup. I have never been to any Cup, although have been in Amsterdam during the times of more commercial events.

It would be an honour to be a judge for this event. Do we just go over to Pollinator in April and sign up, or should we email in advance, even if we already have a room? please forgive my ignorance, but I take my weed seriously and this event would be the coolest.

Have ordered a ticket for Willie Nelson; it will be my first concert of his as well. This could be the best trip to Amsterdam yet!

This news really makes my day! :canabis: :dance:

JLP

Veteran
Maybe Willie will do some cuts off the new tribute cd(photoshop joke by his daughter).

JLP

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Here's an article on Mila Jansen of Pollinator...
She is one of the truly special people in the industry...She also does not take much BS as Kyle Kushman found out for leaving her out of the Waterhash article when she invented the process!!They kind of made it up to her with an interview but she should have been the subject of the article in the first place...

Hope you all enjoy...

Last edited:

SlyCrayon

Mila Jansen

Mila Jansen

What a good article, thank you for posting it Capt. Crip. Mila Jansen is an intelligent innovator and it will be interessting to see her at the 420 Growers and Breeders Cup 2008. After visiting the Pollinator site online, I am very much interested to see the shop in Amsterdam.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
My pics are going crazy and I'll see if I can get the article back up there...

G

Bad news folks (for me at least), looks like I'm not gonna be able to attend the Cup now, still a slim chance but I'm not holding out too much hope.

G

logic said:
why British_Hempire i thought you have already booked your flights??

i'll offer £50 for the flight ,,presuming its transferable ,,i know klm are strict on it :bashhead:

SlyCrayon

Will continue to hope for you, British Hempire; looks like you know a lot for inspiring conversation. Think positive, you can always mourn later.

And cheers to Arjan for hosting awards ceremony, yes.

G

is that the new greenhouse with the fish tank in the floor ?

very nice decor :headbange an if its the 1 i'm thinking of aint it opposite barney's new bar ? :headbange

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts