What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obesity

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
100 calories a day over your daily need is 10lbs every year you will gain.

Not very hard to do, thats like 5 potato chips.
Less then a can of pop.
A condiment on your food.

Some people drink to ease, cope and deal with things,
some smoke, some fuck, some eat.
Some people do all of the above, some do them all at once!

M

MrsEvlme2

If you wanna be a disgusting fat body, go ahead. If you wanna be a crack head, go ahead. If you're a man and want to marry another man, go ahead. Who am I to judge and tell other people how they live their life. I sure don't want someone telling me what I can and can't do to my own body. But know, that if you do that you can blame no one but yourself, because it was your decision to eat all that crap, stop blaming society.

Gonza, I agree. I live in America and the food is crap here. For the past few months I've been trying to cut out any processed foods. It's really hard. If I don't what the ingredients are I try not to buy it. My hubby doesn't eat meat, so I buy myself a small organic steak once in a while. You can tell the difference just by looking at it.
The past month or 2 I've been buying mostly fresh fruits and veges and a lot less of the crap I use to buy and I actually spend less $. That whole good food is too expensive is another excuse to be fat. If you stop buying all that junk food you will have money for the good stuff. I know. I live on food stamps and feed a family of 4. I even had $ left over last month. But I think that's because I recently found out I have cyliac and can't eat any delicious bread that I miss soooooo much.
I'd kill for an everything bagel with cream cheese and lox. But, I know it will make me feel like crap. But, feeling healthy feels better than that bagel is going to taste. I'm gonna go make some gluten free hot cereal now. Never had it before, I hope it tastes good.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Here's the big secret to weight loss and gain, it's very complicated so most of you probably won't understand it, lol.

If you take in the same amount of calories a day that you expend, your weight will stay the same.

If you take in more calories a day then you expend, you will gain weight

If you take in less calories a day then you expend, you will lose weight.

Period, no exceptions, works for everyone regardless of genetic history or predispositions.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
I got an idea,how bout ya's all just putt in your mouths what YOU want,and let everyone else do the same!Da fuck ya care if someone else is fat?

I care if you are obese for two reasons
(1) I'm concerned about your health and want you to live a good, long life
(2) If you are in the US you will be enrolling in Medicare when you are 65, at which point taxpayers will be paying the majority of your healthcare expenses. It is just a fact that people that are obese when they are younger than 65 account for a disproportionate share of Medicare spend.

Pine

est1977

I'm fat, I'm happy and so is my man that's all that matters. I only slim down when i prep for the outdoor and work it lol btw i pay for my own healthcare

basspirate

Wow...look at this opinionated shitstorm.

Whoever the moron was that called nursing an altrusitic occupation should be taxed for being a moron. I am sure they are feeling super altruistic when they tell everyone how much money they make. If you are worried about lifting up fat people, maybe you should hit the gym a little harder to get stronger. That would be fair by your logic as fat folk are just supposed to lose weight on your account. Fuck you.

The excuse of fat people using too much medicaid is also a little ironic considering this is a forum full of smokers.

Isn't the general tone of these responses a little oppressive for a bunch of people who claim that the government has no right to tell you what you can and cannot put in your body?

Yes, being healthy is important and it takes a lot of work. Being THIN is something completely different. We should all strive to take the best care of ourselves that we can, but we have to understand that a lot of people do in fact have different genetic dispositions, health histories, lifestyles, etc.

I eat less than a lot of skinny folks that I know and definitely am what most of you would consider a fat person. Where's your math on that one? I think a lot of people on here are struggling with a lot of self hate and need to project some self-righteousness on others.

There's a lot of truth in the statement that a fat/happy person is going to live a much happier/better life than some bitch who has been only eating wheat thins for the past twenty years.

Maybe next you're all going to jump over to the thread that's titled "all them niggers just need to get better jobs!" Sounds crass, but that's essentially what you're all doing. Until you've walked a mile in any one individual's shoes, you not only have ZERO right to shed your hate speech on them, you're being a bigoted, archie bunker loser. So, to you all-Fuck you.

Perhaps some overweight people feel especially trapped in their "vicious cycles" because they live in a world full of assholes like you who judge them all the time. How do you upstanding citizens feel when the masses tell you that you're hooked on dope and living an illegal lifestyle. How many of you have children and toke in the house? Well, you're much more fucked according to the mainstream than someone who has simply "eaten too much".

What an ignorant load of shit to state that all fat people are so simply because of caloric intake vs energy expended--I'd like to see the PhD on your wall to back that shit up.

The American obesity epidemic is just bad karma coming back for all the enslavement of blacks over sugar in the 16-1800s. We can't begin to understand the depths that we have been affected by a heinous, profit-driven food industry. How many families these days even know how to prepare whole foods properly? Do you expect people to switch to raw vegan diets just because they should--how easy is that for middle class mom who works 45 hours a week, tends a whole house, raises the kids and then has to slop out some chow for the fam at the end of the night?

We should all be walking to work to combat the impact of automobiles on the environment, but how many people can just simply flip a switch and change their lifestyles.

I hope and pray that all of you folks who spewed your hateful responses are truly shamed and persecuted for some integral issues that you struggle with...I'll be the chubby asshole laughing at you from across the room. Or maybe I'll be that fat Sr. citizen that shits diarrhea all over your hand while you turn me. Either way, you're fucked.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
What an ignorant load of shit to state that all fat people are so simply because of caloric intake vs energy expended--I'd like to see the PhD on your wall to back that shit up.

Are you kidding me?
Do I even have to explain something a child can understand?
Simple arithmitic.

Please, show me how that's wrong.
I'll quote it again for you.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Here's the big secret to weight loss and gain, it's very complicated so most of you probably won't understand it, lol.

If you take in the same amount of calories a day that you expend, your weight will stay the same.

Period, no exceptions, works for everyone regardless of genetic history or predispositions.
There it is basspirate
Go ahead and show me how that is wrong

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran

Now here's the absolute problem with absolutes: what happens to the broad that's got thyroid problems that's got a bona fide physical issue? (just wanted to point out one singular exception) :friends:

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Even If she only burns 500 calories a day as a result of her med problems, and then takes in 250 cals a day everyday she will lose weight because she is negitive 250 calories compared to what she's burning, think about it.

basspirate

Thyroid issues, diabetes (caused by poor eating habits OR genetics), depression, anxiety, metabolism...where do you really need me to start. There are tons of reasons people retain weight.

I work six days a week on my feet, moving constantly, swim for exercise twice a week, eat a reasonable, average diet and yet still meet your fat criteria. \
Haven't you ever met a skinny person who just never gains any weight? Yeah, it goes the other way too.

It was an absoloser statement. It's within fair taste in modern society to criticize overweight folks and people like you use this as an opportunity to make prejudiced statements. Sure, up on your high horse it seems like the sensible thing to say...but down at ground level it looks like something different.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
And if you take in ZERO calories a day you will stave to death, no matter what med problems you have.

What you burn vs what you take in

That is what it ultimatly comes down to.

The fattest person in the world will eventually lose weight when the amount of calories they burn exceeds the amount they take in consistently for a period of time

It's like trying to drive a trip that need 10 gallons of gas with 5 gallons, your not going to make it.

basspirate

Your statements leave out everything except for the reality of the human condition. If I saved up all the money I make from now until I die I'd be a millionaire plus, but is that realistic?

Maybe you're just fat on the inside and that's where all this fuss is coming from.

Last edited:

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Bass its about the amount expended vs what is taken in, in this case it really is an absolute.

With all due respect to what you have said and your issues, if you could take in 500 calories a day less then you expend everyday without fail(this is the hard part, lol) I promise you, you will lose weight.

I understand when your blood sugar is low you have to eat, nothing you can do about that, and that would make it difficult for you to hit that number everyday, but if you could, in some perfect calorie world, you would lose weight.

thc_420

the formula that never fail seems to be: lot of sex, eat the correct food, and make sports, some people also loose a lot of weight smoking others gain it!

basspirate

AND THERE IT IS...we have a winner. She said it, "in a perfect world" which completely nullifies any relevance of the original statement to the conversation at hand. I'll keep trying to negotiate the very real world I live in.

You have zero regard for the individualistic nature of each human's physiology. Don't worry, I'm going to hop on the treadmill...just for you.

Kalicokitty

Veteran
Oh for christ sake, if I could quarantine you, and monitor your blood sugar, and set up the level of activity for you each day, I could get a handle on what your burning calorie wise, and your insulin sensitivity.
I could eventually get you down in weight and up in lean muscle mass, it wouldn't be easy, but it can be done.
For anyone

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran

Yep its exact science!

The problem is educating people so they understand this before its too late!

Problem is most people get offended when you try to squeeze past ther fat asses to get an intelligent word in with their young! :gday:

Latest posts

Latest posts