What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Obesity

boudica

[FONT=&quot]In this appear infatuated civilization; a lot of populace considers that being plump or stout is a manifestation subject. On the other hand, if you are plump then it is in fact a grave medical anxiety as it may cause solemn physical condition tribulations. The physical condition issue connected with being plump goes further than the ones we regularly perceive sound about, for instance heart sickness and diabetes. Being plump also has an effect on a persons breathing, mood, joints, and sleep and liveliness altitude. Consequently, being overweight has an effect on a person’s total excellence of life. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]At what time populace begins consumption additional calories than they in point of fact be on fire off, their body start amass those additional calories as plump. A pair of additional pounds of corpse plump do not posse fitness danger for a lot of people. On the other hand, when persons follow a prototype of consumption more calories then supplementary fat construct up in their bodies. Ultimately, our body arrives at a point wherever the quantity of body fat lead to a unenthusiastic consequence on an persons physical condition. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Doctors or fitness concern professional make use of the language "obese" or "overweight" to explain the state when a human being is at an greater than before risk of mounting weight connected health issue. These days, increasingly people are overweight than increasingly before. According to expert, we are opposite an "obesity epidemic". This is one of those physical condition issues upsetting not only youthful populace but also adults and one third of the kids among the ages of three and nineteen are heavy or overweight.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
That is a scary fact. And I hate how in the Nat Geo Taboo special, about obesity, some of the obese people actually loved being that way. They wanted people to "accept" them for who they were...even though it would cost them their health.

And then they want us to have mandated health insurance?? That makes me the angriest. I want to see some more people taking control of what they put into their bodies. They should not blame McDonalds for how fat they are. It is a choice; after all Mickey D's didn't put a gun to their heads.

Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, take at least 10,000 steps, eat moderately and chew your food well, choose healthful foods and dark green/purple/colorful veggies, cut down meat intake, etc. These things are hard to do at first, but habits can be developed.

G

good drown

drink water, nothing else, and eat healthy, come on, its not hard people

whodi

Veteran
have you guys lost weight recently or something? Or you just vegans/vegetarians that preach on how to lose weight?

meat is high in protein by the way.. great for losing weight

litebuzz

please...i'm so disgusted with obesity...and the denial and bullshyt that goes with it. it really pisses me off when i see two disgustingly fat parents and their pathetic trail of obese offspring stuffing themselves into oblivion. yummm...our future generation.
but hey...no one seems to believe in personal responsibility or setting limits these days. it's all about gluttony. gluttony is supposed to be one of the seven deadliest sins...hello?

i totally believe in a fat tax!!! if a food has no nutriental value then it should be taxed up the ass...and that tax should go to subsidize this mandated healthcare.
and i believe if you have an acceptable weight, bmi, and no health issues then you should enjoy a lower premium on your insurance. good drivers get a discount...why the fuk shouldn't i if i work hard at keeping healthy.
i'll shut up now....i'm sure i've offended someone.

whodi

Veteran
I agree with a lot of your post, but skinny people don't have the genetics to get obese so they should get lower premiums?

plenty of skinnies walkin around with high blood pressure and bad hearts

edit.. nvm noticed you said if they dont have health problems

I

ijimunot

Fluids play a huge roll in today's obesity problem. When I was young a 8oz drink would be considered satisfying. With the advent of the big gulp and twelve packs people changed their drinking habits and the average amount of fluids consumed went ballistic. Myself included. I went from a 180 lbs average for 20 years to over 300lbs with no change of diet except for liquid intake.
I cut my fluid intake water included to 32 oz a day and have lost 80 lbs over the past two years with no change of diet or exercise. So essentially I kicked a severe fluid addiction.
Even water if you drink more than you expire daily it will stay with you.
I still have a few beers with the guys on weekends but I make up for it during the week.

gonzo`

I'm not fat, I'm actually in pretty good shape, but I would be huge if I didn't go to the gym three times a week.

I love to consume food, I fucking love it! Its so satisfying. I guess I'm a glutton. I get excited to know that I've got some nice green to toke on and then right after I go stuff my face full of lovely food. I can totally see how obese people get like they do, the only difference is that I recognise the need to expend more calories than I consume to maintain a healthy weight.

Now I don't eat junk food like mcdonalds or processed crap like potato chips etc... That shit is just straight up poison. I think a lot of people do not realise the crap that goes into their food, infact I think the majority of people don't know jack shit about what they eat or where it comes from.

I'm so happy I don't live in america because that place is FUCKED for food. Their milk is full of hormones, as is their beef, pork and chicken. I mean I'm not hooked on the whole organic craze bullshit but I would HAVE to eat organic, naturally sourced food if I lived in america because if you didn't you would literally be poisining yourself. You guys need to get clued up. Fore example, eat grass fed beef instead of corn fed. Why? The composition of the meat is completely different. Grass fed has more Omega 3 (a fat that our bodies cannot make, but have to be sourced from our diet) whereas corn fed beef has far more saturated fats and a disproportionate amount of Omega 6. You also dont want to be injesting those hormones. Don't even get me started on chicken or pork...

I'm serious, most diseases can be prevented simply by having a healthy diet and staying away from processed foods. The preservatives in those foods are the leading cause of cancers (apparently anyway).

And I could go on forever but my best piece of advice to anyone is that you CANNOT and MUST NOT trust industrial food production. They don't care about the end user, its all about the bottom line. For example, dairy farmers want more milk? Just pump the cows full of the hormone rBGH which forces them to produce more milk, you don't want to be drinking that shit, believe me, if you don't go read about why. Under pressure from dairy farmers the FDA INCREASED the threshold of that hormone from some parts per million figure to parts per BILLION...

Industrial chicken is another crazy thing, those things are pumped full of anti-biotics, hormones and other CRAP.

You may say, well why should I care? Simply because you wouldnt be eating those anti-biotics or hormones naturally would you? Of course not, thats totally unnatural, its wrong. Its effect on your body is terrible.

Anyway...

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
That is true, but veggies are generally cheaper too.

And I've heard of vegetable trucks in some cities that give out free veggies to low income communities

ROJO145

Veteran
I got an idea,how bout ya's all just putt in your mouths what YOU want,and let everyone else do the same!Da fuck ya care if someone else is fat?Were all fuckin diein people,enjoy it while ya can.Lotta nosey fucks around here,worry about yerselves!!
Im 175 pounds and 6'1" and put the F in fit by the way.Thats just me,other people like eatin,deal with it:tiphat:

M

MrsEvlme2

I agree with most of these posts.
Eat less + move more = weight loss

stinknugget

ROJO145, you asked what do we care if other people are fat... well as someone who has to take care of the fat people when they are ill, I care. More than one of my colleagues has hurt their back lifting a fat person's leg (because they are unable to do it themselves), roll them onto a bed pan, or reposition them in bed. There is a section of the public that pays the price for someone else's fatness. And while my profession may be viewed as altruistic I don't want a permanent injury because you, the fat person, didn't care enough about yourself so now I have to care for you.

indifferent

Veteran
I've lost 50lbs since October, wasn't hard, I just ate less and exercised more.

Fat people who say they can't lose weight are liars.

Everyone can lose weight, the key is wanting to.

M

Mitch Connor

^ Totally agree. I'm the total opposite of you.. LOL

August 2009, I was 5"8 195lb after a moderate attempt at staying active over the summer. Biking for 30 mins a day, walking to and from work. I have generally been a lazy person since my mid teens.. About to turn 21.

I still indulged in the odd snack but I mainly stopped drinking slurpees/soda and went straight water. I was so addicted to sugar/salt diets it was so hard for me to cut it at first. I had to ween myself off of it.

Over this past winter from October to March (6 months, very long winters) and with my "seasonal depression", coupled with the fact that I lost my job and was struggling to get by, I was at my lowest point that I've felt.

Eating well over 3000 calories a day, sleeping for 14 hours a day, going back to my old habits...

As of April 1st 2010, I was 235 lb. I gained 40 pounds over the span of about 7 months. That equals out to gaining 5 lb's a month... 1.25 lb's a week... Just for eating like crap again and not exercising like I did in the summer.

In a month of going back to my old workout routine, cutting meat portions, drinking water, eating smaller meals, less that 1500 calories per day, I am down to 230lb again in just 30 days.

I know first hand that I can lose my weight if I discipline myself. The key is not to binge.. If you feel like you HAVE to satisfy a craving.. Do it, but cut your portions greatly, and make up for it by exercising more the next day.

I've found that doing an intense 5 minute workout when you get up in the morning, eating most of your calories earlier in the day, smaller meals, more water, less meat, more greens, and being active every day, ANYONE can lose weight. If you feel like you're going to die 2 mins into a workout, pace yourself and workout for longer.

I'm back on my 30 min a day MINIMUM of moderate/intense biking. Jogging for 30 mins every other day, and some simple core workouts (500 J.Jacks/100 Pushups/100 Situps)

My goal is to lose back 5 lb's a month, and KEEP it off this winter. By the end of the year I'm aiming to be 185. Which will probably be the best shape I've ever been in. I know if I stay on track I can do it. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I have 8 months to lose 45 lbs. I know my hardest point will be October to December again around my 200lb mark... I'm going to have to push it!

T

the_baked_chef

ROJO145, you asked what do we care if other people are fat... well as someone who has to take care of the fat people when they are ill, I care. More than one of my colleagues has hurt their back lifting a fat person's leg (because they are unable to do it themselves), roll them onto a bed pan, or reposition them in bed. There is a section of the public that pays the price for someone else's fatness. And while my profession may be viewed as altruistic I don't want a permanent injury because you, the fat person, didn't care enough about yourself so now I have to care for you.

I first read this whole thread about 15 minutes ago and i think i use the above cited post as the example used in my answer. 'However i do not know stinknugget as a real person and my answer is intented for all the stinknuggets in this thread.

I plan to use the space below to ridicule the stinknuggets post and by some means or other i probably will provide various insults... but only to show all you stinknuggets what it's like to be a fat man in the body of an even fatter man...

Oh boy... Some serious crazy "opinions" in this thread.
So lets see if i got that right...
Overweight (fat is an insulting term per se, would you call a homosexual person faggot?) people should blamed for their overweight and it is not okay that some of them feel good despite their bodyweight? How narrowminded is that?
So i will get health problems for being "fat" - you should thank me... for being one of that guys that saves your job.

It has already been written in the thread but anyway:
I'm fat. He smoke. She runs until her knee folds. You may eat handmade yoghurt and get 107 years old - in the end everybody dies.
It does not matter what kills you - it matters how you live.
An overweight bastard that is happy with himself (not despite of his appearance but independet of how he looks) will probably live a much happier life that a lean cranky bitch that forces herself to workout three times a week just to avoid being insulted by people that are just like herself.

Anyway... suddenly my fat brain remembers another curiosity... ALTRUISTIC ??!!? I assume you are some kind of nurse? but certainly not a philosopher cause in that case you what know the meaning of altruistic *rofl*

btw: There is a section of the public that pays the price for someone else's stupidity... but nevermind :comfort:
as a clinical psychologist i meet hundreds of people that keep bullshitting on and on - just like you and while my profession may be viewed as altruistic (especially by people that do not know what altruistic means but like to talk big words) I don't want a permanent burnout syndrome because you, the stupid person, simply wouldn't shut up, so now I have to shut up for you.

aaahhh... not so much.
I still left one question open:
wwjd?
He would mix 1 stick of butter, a little salt, 1/2 cup icing sugar, 2 egg yolks with 1 cup of normal baking flower and 2 tablespoons of milk. He would mix it quickly and put it in the freezer for at least half an hour - or more.
Then he would cut the chilled dough into narrow discs and cover the botton and edges of a round backing pan with it and bake it for about 15 minutes at 350 F.
Now that was just the nevessary prep work. The next step is where the magic happens.
But the backing pan out of the oven and let it cool down. Meanwhile heat 1.5 cups of cream, a little salt, and two table spoon af caster sugar (use only low heat - you will not want to burn it). Add a stick of canna butter (i recommend using very low potent stuff, because you'll want to eat more than one piece of that cake) and a pound of wonerfully dark baking chocolate (any chocolate will do the job - but white one) and stir carefully until all the chocolate has dissolved (this may take a while, especially if your chocolate is high on cocoa). Now take it of the heat and let it settle for roughly 5 minutes. Then you will want to stir in one cup of cold milk. This will make it look really smooth.
Fill the prebacked dough with as much of the chocolate dream as it will hold and let it settle for 6-8 hours (will take less time if you put it in the fridge or live in a really cold place)
You will not believe it but it will get a cutable consistency and most of all, it will taste like a dark and evil sort of heaven (but not hell - hell is for unhappy people - and it is their life)

Have fun and love jamie :tiphat:

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
I lost 110 pounds from October till now. All I eat is lean protein and very lean protein (ie. Lean meat: Steak..Pork...Very lean meat: Chicken,Turkey breast (no skin)). And seafood as well. My main thing is no white grain( ie. bread,pasta). No milk, but plain yogurt with fresh strawberries and low fat cheese is OK but no whole milk. And lots of Water and Rest and Greens that we all love so much here:joint:. I have not exercised at all yet but plan too :smile:

Last edited:

]A[Boss

i predict stinknugget gets his face sit on by a fat girl that forces him to eat her fat bald vagina and paralyzes him and other people will have to take care of stinknugget while the fat lady continues to triumph all little boys

Latest posts

Latest posts