What's new

Obama's drug czar declares marijuana has no medical value

Just got this on my mail, is it true?
If so, what's your feelings about it?
Personally, me, as being from Portugal but interested about foreign stuff,
I start feeling sorry for you american smokers.
Seems you're starting to learn about the real Obama deception.

"Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit.”
— White House drug czar Gil Kerlikowske, at a Fresno, Calif., press conference yesterday

Not again.

In fact — and it's getting a little tiresome to keep repeating it — the esteemed Institute of Medicine, American Nurses Association, American Public Health Association, American Academy of HIV Medicine, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Lymphoma Foundation of America, American Academy of HIV Medicine, and dozens of other medical organizations recognize marijuana's medical value.

What's more, President Obama's own statements on the campaign trail about marijuana's medical efficacy run counter to his new drug czar's statements yesterday.

We need to stop this in its tracks. Would you please speak out against this ridiculous, outdated argument:

1. Please use MPP's online action center to e-mail the president about the drug czar's statement. Here is the URL: https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=358

2. Please call the drug czar's office at (202) 395-6700 to politely complain that we're still hearing this sort of nonsense.

We need to make sure the drug czar receives the message loud and clear that the anti-science Bush era is over.

Thank you,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

MF Grimm

Yes, this is complete bullshit. I fired off an email provided by the link from MPP.

The real Obama deception, indeed. Guy is a fucking, lying fraud. He's is going to finish off the job GWB started. This country is in serious fucking trouble.

KarMic

It's absurd and insulting that the government continues it's campaign of ignorant rhetoric and misinformation against cannabis...not because their "facts" are bogus and most americans already know this...the thing that really pushes my buttons, is that public opion seems to be well over 50% in any internet poll you come across in favor of decriminilization/legalization...and still they attempt to spread their ignorance, in hopes of defending whose interests? certainly not we the people's...

who are the guys that stand to lose money when legalization rolls around?

J

JackTheGrower

Done..

I get it.. I know why they keep coming back up with this..

Because there are two things that float in the bath water; Ivory soap and Shit.

They can't get out of the political "tub" to save their wrinkled skin.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
but he was about change.. so many people hung their hats on this puppets words.. and lookwhere we are at. gdub started the hole and liar #2 is going to bury us in said hole.. politicians sucks big hairy sweaty camel balls... Oh well what do ya do..except either ask for lube or take it dry.. Just my two rusty coins.. peace..

please no arguments if he is yer special man..

sack

slappyjack

The silver lining is that bullshit like this tends to get people mad and ORGANIZED.

Bash Obama all you want here (even though the article is about the drug czar, not Obama), but if you don't send letters the BS will only continue. Get off your asses and get active!

N

NOYB

The Department of Health and Human services has a patent on cannabinoids in cannabis...6,630,507. Still don't get why they keep saying no medical value when a branch of the government owns a patent like this.

MickTheBrag

must have his head up his ass.

marijuana has many medical properties as many people in cali and around the world are proving.
they cant stop cannabis as a medicine now anyways. not even a american president can stop cannabis as a medicine.

peace.

CaptainTrips

but he was about change.. so many people hung their hats on this puppets words.. and lookwhere we are at. gdub started the hole and liar #2 is going to bury us in said hole.. politicians sucks big hairy sweaty camel balls... Oh well what do ya do..except either ask for lube or take it dry.. Just my two rusty coins.. peace..

please no arguments if he is yer special man..

sack

I hope you don't think McCain would have been any different. And this country going down the shitter started way before dubya, although I guess you could say its been accelerating since dubya, maybe obama will finish it off.

I love these types of comments from the neo-political minority. I guess they also do not think that god created the heavens and the earth. The bible that they want you to place your hand on when they use mans laws to punish you for the possession or growth of gods creation is based on the same entity that created these same plants and animals they want to destroy.

Makes you really wonder if government should not be held in contempt of gods laws.

So is man right, or is god right, better re-write all the books kids it's going to be a bumpy ride.

:nanana:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
slappy
that is true for everyone to get off their asses.. I think everyone in here has actually written letters.. I hate to be a basher of sorts but i did not want this guy as our next pres black/white/green orange or yellow.. I just knew he wasnt going to be the ONE. Hope im not being offensive.. lol.. peace..

and no i did not want mcain either..
sack

snowman06

Obama's drug czar

Obama's drug czar

“Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit.”
— White House drug czar Gil Kerlikowske, at a Fresno, Calif., press conference yesterday

Not again.

In fact — and it's getting a little tiresome to keep repeating it — the esteemed Institute of Medicine, American Nurses Association, American Public Health Association, American Academy of HIV Medicine, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Lymphoma Foundation of America, American Academy of HIV Medicine, and dozens of other medical organizations recognize marijuana's medical value.

What's more, President Obama's own statements on the campaign trail about marijuana's medical efficacy run counter to his new drug czar's statements yesterday.

We need to stop this in its tracks. Would you please speak out against this ridiculous, outdated argument:

1. Please use MPP's online action center to e-mail the president about the drug czar's statement.

2. Please call the drug czar's office at (202) 395-6700 to politely complain that we're still hearing this sort of nonsense.

We need to make sure the drug czar receives the message loud and clear that the anti-science Bush era is over.

Thank you,

Rob Kampia
Executive Director
Marijuana Policy Project
Washington, D.C.

P.S. As I've mentioned in previous alerts, a major philanthropist has committed to match the first $2.35 million that MPP can raise from the rest of the planet in 2009. This means that your donation today will be doubled.

P.P.S. You can opt out of receiving fundraising mentions in the e-mail alerts I send you in 2009 by visiting http://www.mpp.org/2009optoutpreference at your convenience.

Support the Marijuana Policy Project

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raised in '09
$983,852
Goal in '09
$2,350,000

MPP will be able to tackle all of the projects in our 2009 strategic plan if you and other allies help us meet this challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for supporting MPP's efforts to end marijuana prohibition. According to our records, you have never made a financial donation to MPP. Would you please join MPP today?

(If you have contributed financially, please reply to this e-mail so we can correct our records. Please note that it may take up to a week for credit card donations to be reflected here -- and up to three weeks for donations made by mail.)

If you make a one-time donation of $10 today, your ranking for this year would move from the bottom to 5,535.

I

icmag.is.#1

Honestly, what can you expect from a politician?

It's the same thing every four years.... We are promised change and all that but as soon as the fool is elected president it's the same as the guy before... It will not change unless WE as a whole break down the walls of oppression.

Writing letter's and sending email's falls on deaf ears and blind eyes. The only thing that provokes change in this kind of system is called a "revolution"

I

icmag.is.#1

The Department of Health and Human services has a patent on cannabinoids in cannabis...6,630,507. Still don't get why they keep saying no medical value when a branch of the government owns a patent like this.

How can you patent naturally occurring substances in a plant?

N

NOYB

How can you patent naturally occurring substances in a plant?
What they have is a use patent for the cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants. Their use in this way was a novel invention/discovery and thus the reason the patent was granted.
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3.
I find it funny that the governement says no medical use when the government owns the rights to a medical use(s) for natural compounds contained in cannabis.

filo6942

The silver lining is that bullshit like this tends to get people mad and ORGANIZED.

Bash Obama all you want here (even though the article is about the drug czar, not Obama), but if you don't send letters the BS will only continue. Get off your asses and get active!

Not sure if you know this but Obama is the Drug Czar's boss... so anything the Czar says essentially it comes from Obama's policies.

I hope you liberals are happy for what you voted for in office. At least Bush was upfront that he was an asshole.:woohoo::2cents: