What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bring it on! At least bring the Mextiza back. I have 15 supposed Mextiza seeds and will start them in a couple weeks. Gonna make babies for sure.

Maybe someone could make f'2s and send them to the bay like bloyd did?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi acespicoli,

As i commented previously, we have no plans to release Oaxaca 79.
We have not pollinated the 4 Oaxacan mothers we keep in our mother room in these 2 years and we have no plans to do it in upcoming reproductions.

But if you are all interested i can share the oaxacan cannabinoid and terpene results as we already analyzed them long time ago.

acespicoli

:thank you:Dubi: That would be great looking forward to see the results, appreciate the great work you do. Your releases are always above what I expect in terms of quality! vibes :thank you:

Rgd

Veteran
almost 20 years ago i was given a female from doc gt's old oaxacan ..
it grew like a willow..was visually all sativa..skinny leaves..piney lemon cedar CATPISS smell
it actually made a good yielding VERY resinous sativa..i selfed it due to no male
grew it out a few times as well as the s1's [which were basically identical..]
it had a good but not great high..as alsways..i moved forward and kept a few beans
i will say the people i gave s1's to liked em

i tried to beg chimera for some highland oaxacan..i got no reply..
ihear it was really good..though the words did come from him

was just given a oaxacan,michocan by someone who worked for tom hill for a summer

if they are as good as what i call the " t h mex "he gave me..i will be happy

but i gotta grow em out..and i pray they are not the skinny..nothing on a stick kind..

Last edited:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I'll pop some Oaxaca79 x Oaxaca beans pretty soon. They're the same bodymind has grown, have high hopes with them. Also have some Seeds of a 4 way Oaxacan cross i would like to try one Day, but one after one. The 4 way Oaxaca cross contains Oaxaca79, Oaxaca Trance, Oaxaca12 Finger, and one more, but not sure what it was. :)

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
the only one simil-Oaxaca I tried is mex sativa from sensi seedz,and I have a strong suspicion that it is not even Oaxaca but Acapulco....
Well,while I wait for this oaxaca to come out,i have Oaxaca x pck from cbg......maybe i will cross it with Neville haze...

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I'll pop some Oaxaca79 x Oaxaca beans pretty soon. They're the same bodymind has grown, have high hopes with them. Also have some Seeds of a 4 way Oaxacan cross i would like to try one Day, but one after one. The 4 way Oaxaca cross contains Oaxaca79, Oaxaca Trance, Oaxaca12 Finger, and one more, but not sure what it was. :)

Wow, somebody's been busy crossing Oaxacans! (Who? :laughing:) Maybe the fourth one was Copalita Oaxacan? I tried crossing that one with the BSC version but only got females from both.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Wow, somebody's been busy crossing Oaxacans! (Who? :laughing:) Maybe the fourth one was Copalita Oaxacan? I tried crossing that one with the BSC version but only got females from both.

Yeah someone was busy to make this cross. :D

No Copalita Oaxaca inside. The pedigree is:
(Oaxaca79 x Oaxaca Trance) x (Oaxacan 12 Fingers x Oaxaca)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Oaxaca79xOaxaca12 Fingers seedlings. Very nice vigor. From the 9 seeds i've popped all germed and are healthy. 3 of them are still in the paper towel but have already roots, will put them in the cubes today. The other 9 should start to germ in the next 24h. Have a good feeling that i have a 100% germ rate on all 18 Seeds. :)

Oaxaca79xOaxaca12Fingers

They are standing under a 8W LED

picture.php

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Someone mentioned earlier in the tread that the chase was intoxicating. I can second that. On my last trip, my wife had to shake and slap me in the face a few times. "Don't you go OCD on me fucker. We're here to enjoy the surf and sun." But I wasn't able to shake it until I had my pound of seeds. :tiphat:

This year's grow is going to be very interesting. OCD interesting. :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Just a little Update to the Oaxaca79xOaxaca12Finger. Some of them didn't had the vigour to break the seed shell on their own, so i very very carefully cutted the shell and removed the little embryos. It really was a tricky challenge, but i was successfull and didn't hurt the little embryos. The embryos are still in a wet paper towel till their tap root is a bit longer, then they will go in the RW Cubes like their brothers and/or sisters.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Interesting Pineapple_Punch :)

Oaxaca 79 line has amazing qualities (especially regarding terpenes and effects), hopefully this double oaxacan sativa hybrid provides qith the quality and traits you are looking for.

Best wishes!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Interesting Pineapple_Punch :)

Oaxaca 79 line has amazing qualities (especially regarding terpenes and effects), hopefully this double oaxacan sativa hybrid provides qith the quality and traits you are looking for.

Best wishes!

Thank you dubi! :)

Yes i have a good feeling that there will be some really interesting Plants to find in this cross. The little grow report of this cross from bodymind a few years ago made me VERY curious. Think the Oaxaca79 is very dominant in this cross.

Think a right choosen Plant could make some nice crosses. Maybe a nice Deep Chunk would be great to cross it with. A bit indica inside could may bring a stronger laughing feeling from the body effects.

Peace :thank you: