What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

TuDank

So is oaxacan 79 intended for release this year still? People are writing that it will come out this year but i doubt it. Some people are still getting some seeds though apparently.

Also I disagree with Dubi that landrace seeds like these aren't in high demand. Among landraces the fairly fast flowing pure mexicans seem to be highest in demand, as evidenced by Snowhigh's mexican crosses released a week before 4/20 that sold out in about 1 day....for an insane $250/10ea....and are now fetching $500/10ea -.-. I would wager that these would outsell anything else in the catalog.

I strongly suspect that people just want to keep the legendary genetics for themselves, which of course people are free to do...but come on at least admit it lol

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TuDank, we must be bros from different hos. I gave up on the '79 being released, along with the Michoacan. Why are these old exotic Mexicans so damn hard to get now, when they were plentiful in all the bags of pot back then?

Maybe this is karma for humans being crap or something, I am lost really. I know a few of those old lines were magic in terms of consciousness expansion. I can say the Jarilla and the Acapulco Gold from Bodhi are for real and worth getting. I managed to get some Mextiza as I figured the Oaxacan would never arrive.

TuDank

Hey Yesum, maybe bros from different hoes but i'm of the younger stock (24) haha. Read enough of your posts to know you're an oldtimer(lucky you)

I'm just trying to find 2 fine uplifting no-ceiling type inbred lines to make a cross with to have a little bit of genetic diversity and then start maintaining that line through some form of linebreeding, cause i'm definitely not into modern couchlock type stuff.

I've got the Ethiopian Ace released this year and i suspect i'll be using that...reading through all the smoke reports i could find and it just sounds almost perfect, feelgood, no ceiling, not racy. Now just wish i could have the Oaxacan to cross it to lol.

Had my eyes on that acapulco. Still at least 1 website where one could get it. Do you know about when it would finish outdoors, and how did you like the effect? For me it can't finish after mid decemberish outdoors. Have my eyes on Tropicalseeds king congo and Durban Punch as well.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Acapulco Gold finished in 13 weeks but indoors under 9 hour 40 minutes of light per day. I would guess it would go into December outdoors as it is listed a 16 week strain.

If you can cover the plants outdoors you can do anything you want in terms of flowering time. These old raw lines need to be worked thru to get a stellar individual. I have a crap load of interesting old genetics now hope to work thru them all and get a keeper from all.

The one AG had a trip out effect for the first 30 minutes and the other did not. The trip was not distorted but rather opening of the 'third eye' is as close as I can say on it. Friendly high not scary.

You will notice most of these strains come from high mountains, and if you can you should grow them at high elevation. I may find a way to finish a few that way in the future. I think getting the full effect is maybe dependent on doing it that way.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Trouble with releasing the original line to the general public is that those who are inexperienced may give Ace bad feedback and claim this is a crappy strain, since some of the most valuable genetics in existence don't conform to the public's general demands.

One neophyte recently complained about "hermies" when in fact he was complaining about males coming from a pack of standard seeds.

But I still want some Mexican strains in my hands.

Jahcr1

Hahaha the fem cultivators dont Know anything about landraces and good plants... they just want to smoke something sweet haha

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Mhh Oaxaca79, that's a hard Theme. It's one of those "Mystical" strains every Old School Cannabis lover is hunting for, hard to get, but not impossible. But yeah, sometimes the Hunt for something is more interesting as the "loot" at the End, right?! It's like the hunt for a beautiful women, when it's available for everyone it wouldn't be half as interesting. A 1000$ bottle of wine is more interesting as a 5$ bottle of wine. ;)

I also not own the Oaxaca79 which Dubi and Charlie are owning, but 3 other nice Regular Oaxaca lines +a fem. Oax from Eskobar. But yeah maybe one Day those Oax79 find their Way to my little collection, till then im happy with what i have. Patience is a important thing.

Peace:tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chase is intoxicating. ^^ No doubt about it. I am gonna f2 the Mextiza and then isolate the Oaxaca from the rest. From what I have read, the Mextiza does not lack anything the Oaxaca has to offer, if anything it is enhanced.

k-s-p

Veteran
These are from seeds from a member here. They are oaxaca, and at least half O79. I think somehow a male appeared from O79 seeds; it reversed eventually to female but he used the pollen anyway. I need to confirm this. I made seeds from these and will make room for growing more out this winter.

picture.php

picture.php

C

Columbo

Hey KSP,
Is that Vermont man's Oaxacan 79 or CBG's?

@Pineapple punch
Which is your favourite Oaxacan and which do you think is the most authentic compared to the legendary 70's Oaxacan gold?

To all those hanging out for CBG's Oaxaca '79 S1 I e-mailed CBG a few years back and was told they would never sell Oaxaca '79 pure out of respect for the original preservationist as it was a gifted clone/line.

Thanks

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hey KSP,
Is that Vermont man's Oaxacan 79 or CBG's?

@Pineapple punch
Which is your favourite Oaxacan and which do you think is the most authentic compared to the legendary 70's Oaxacan gold?

To all those hanging out for CBG's Oaxaca '79 S1 I e-mailed CBG a few years back and was told they would never sell Oaxaca '79 pure out of respect for the original preservationist as it was a gifted clone/line.

Thanks

Hello Columbo, thats a good question, but im not able to answer your question, i was born 1988, so im simply to young. :)

Right now im growing Vermontmans Oaxaca line, vmans line is a pine tree forrest smelling one. I also have RC_Colas Copalita Oaxaca line, and a other citrus incense smelling line. But had not the time till now to grow those out. Hope can grow them in fall or winter season!

Peace

C

Columbo

Great to see some of the younger guys getting into the old school Sativas PineappleP! I'm only a few years older than you but am starting to take a keen interest in the longer flowering varities. I thought it was mostly an older man's passion.

Peace

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Great to see some of the younger guys getting into the old school Sativas PineappleP! I'm only a few years older than you but am starting to take a keen interest in the longer flowering varities. I thought it was mostly an older man's passion.

Peace

Oh i think a lot of younger people are having a eye on old school sativas, the more complex highs are very interesting. Have noticed on myself that i was getting more and more sensitive to the strong modern hybrids. The more friendly and funny mexican weed is what im looking for. The last 6 or 7 years i was 24/7h high without a single day break, and a month ago i stopped completely smoking weed and tobacco, had the feeling my mind simply need a break. But here and there i would like to vaporize some funny mexican weed in the future, since i don't like alcohol. :)

So you should maybe look for some Mextiza, fast flowering with a great type of high. :)

acespicoli

These are from seeds from a member here. They are oaxaca, and at least half O79. I think somehow a male appeared from O79 seeds; it reversed eventually to female but he used the pollen anyway. I need to confirm this. I made seeds from these and will make room for growing more out this winter.

View Image

View Image

sexy !:canabis:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Oh,how would i like a cross Oaxaca/double thai...or destroyer...mmmm please guys!here we are a old sativa lovers!

Latest posts

Latest posts