What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

StrongTree

Oaxaca x Kali China

picture.php

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Very interesting Pineapple_Punch. Keeping a keen eye on these. Good luck.

Thanks man, i just realized that the Seedling i have shown above also could be a Oaxaca'79Skull with it's more round leaves at first. I just had one Pollen source (Oaxaca'79Skull male) and 3 Skull girls + the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 mother + clones of her. So the Seedling also could be from a Seed falling in the pot from a living Skull girl from the last run.
Yesterday i placed 5 CBG Oaxaca'79S1xOaxaca'79Skull Seeds in a glas of water to soak. These Seeds are directly picked out of the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 buds, so i can be sure that it is what it should be, not like the one random Seed falling in the pot. :D

Hey brother, here are a couple of your 79x79 that are just cruising along at a steady pace. I have them under T-8 flouros for now.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=83027&pictureid=2073605&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hey bro, great to see the young Seedlings, can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks. Thanks for giving them a try so fast. :dance:

SolarLogos

Thanks man, i just realized that the Seedling i have shown above also could be a Oaxaca'79Skull with it's more round leaves at first. I just had one Pollen source (Oaxaca'79Skull male) and 3 Skull girls + the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 mother + clones of her. So the Seedling also could be from a Seed falling in the pot from a living Skull girl from the last run.
Yesterday i placed 5 CBG Oaxaca'79S1xOaxaca'79Skull Seeds in a glas of water to soak. These Seeds are directly picked out of the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 buds, so i can be sure that it is what it should be, not like the one random Seed falling in the pot. :D

Hey bro, great to see the young Seedlings, can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks. Thanks for giving them a try so fast. :dance:
You were kind enough to share brother, the least I can do is grow them out. To be honest, it's a true honor to grow these after all the work you put into these.:thank you:
The runt on the end is a little mutant now, but I'm sure she will pull out of it. The other two are coming along with one outpacing the other. I'll try to keep this updated at least weekly.

SolarLogos

79 cbg Oaxaca x 79 Skull

79 cbg Oaxaca x 79 Skull

They are starting to hit their stride. I fed them 2 days ago with a mix of organic bloom and grow mix at 355 ppm and they loved it, took off and looking great.

One of them has an interesting anomaly, it has a petiole and a deformed leaf coming out of a leaf where all the fingers meet.

Besides killing the leaf miner that tatooed a leaf and hitting them with insecticidal soap, they have been pretty easy to grow so far, not picky at all.

This one is really putting on the most size; very vigorous, in fact she is outpacing most other plants I started at the same time as her.

That's all for now. Peace, God bless

brickweeder

...Besides killing the leaf miner that tatooed a leaf and hitting them with insecticidal soap, they have been pretty easy to grow so far, not picky at all.

How did you kill them leaf miners? I would squish them by pinching the leaf at the tunnel lead, but hadn't researched other methods. I am not sure a spray would work since they are within the leaf, not on the leaf.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

How did you kill them leaf miners? I would squish them by pinching the leaf at the tunnel lead, but hadn't researched other methods. I am not sure a spray would work since they are within the leaf, not on the leaf.
Same, squish them at the end of their trail. They don't usually cause any problems, I just don't like them.

SolarLogos

79x79 got potted up to 2.5 gallon pots. Should have done it a few days ago, but ran out of potting soil transplanting the big girls OD. Slight damage on the tips of a couple shaders, deficiencies from being in the solo cups but very minor.

SolarLogos

Nice, when will they get in the Greenhouse? :)
We have another heatwave coming that is supposed to last 7-8 days, so it will be sometime after that. Weather doesn't require a greenhouse for another month, but I like to move them in as soon as weather allows since it's a little more stealthy from prying eyes.
I can't remember, how long did you veg before flipping the parents into flower?

elanius

Veteran
Oaxaca 79 x Panama

Oaxaca 79 x Panama

picture.php

After some basic cure for about 1 month, the bud cured to a sweent and sour citrus/pine and cola smell. But man, this weed seriously pack a punch! It lost a little of that energetic start, but got a complex euphoric potency that feels very well rounded. There is a pleasant body, not tiring at all, just a relaxing feeling which ends with that warm blanket sensation in the body and eventually fades away. However, overindulgence might lead to a nap...or is it the amount of food you ended up eating ? Hehe

The head high is really strong, senses are very elevated, and I would not be scared to call this one kind of trippy. It changes a visual perception of movies and world around a lot, music feels much more detailed and louder and still this is very enjoyable and pleasant high which dont make you uncomfortable. I like it very much, the high is just premium quality and put to shame a lot of "elite" genetics.

I believe, with serious selection, holy grail can be found in these seeds. I ended up dusting this Oaxaca dominant female with selected Original Haze father and hopefully should be able to peak into the line soon.

Dubi, please bring us Oaxaca 79 x OTH! Think you would make a lot of people happy :artist:

Dogtown

Hmm this bud looks tasty and the aromas you describe... mouthwatering!

The cross with Original Haze sounds dangerously good!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
A little Update from the double Oaxaca'79 cross i made.
(CBG Oaxaca'79S1xOaxaca'79SKULL)

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This Plant has the vigour of Vermontmans Oaxaca'79SKULL, and the resin profile of the Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79S1. She has the sweet/sour lemony smell and sticky resin of the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 with a hint of the piney aroma of the SKULL.

SolarLogos

View Image View Image

View Image View Image View Image

This Plant has the vigour of Vermontmans Oaxaca'79SKULL, and the resin profile of the Cannabiogen Oaxaca'79S1. She has the sweet/sour lemony smell and sticky resin of the CBG Oaxaca'79S1 with a hint of the piney aroma of the SKULL.
That looks good brother! The runt turned out to be a male also, so I soaked 4 more seeds and have them in tissue. Tails are long enough that they will go into soil again today. I should get a girl this round. Thanks again bro. I should have popped more than 3 seeds the first time, but a little short on room.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

View Image View Image

View Image View Image View Image

Amazing work! So beautiful.....

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks elanius for getting back to us with a smoke report on your Oaxaca x Panama :)
She looks indeed like an Oaxacan pheno. Glad you rate her so highly, i also believe with proper selection a holy grail Central American sativa will be found in this F1.
Your female crossed with a good Original Haze male sounds like music to my ears :hotbounce

A pitty i'm limited to do more research with the Oaxaca 79, Oaxaca 79 crossed with Oldtimer's Haze will produce lovely effects and sativa offspring as well,
we just produced a few dozens of seeds of Oaxaca 79 x A5 Haze for our own use, could you imagine the outcome of this one ? :yummy:

Best wishes with your Oaxacan hybrid project Pineapple_Punch :yes:

Fronk

Thanks elanius for getting back to us with a smoke report on your Oaxaca x Panama :)
She looks indeed like an Oaxacan pheno. Glad you rate her so highly, i also believe with proper selection a holy grail Central American sativa will be found in this F1.
Your female crossed with a good Original Haze male sounds like music to my ears :hotbounce

A pitty i'm limited to do more research with the Oaxaca 79, Oaxaca 79 crossed with Oldtimer's Haze will produce lovely effects and sativa offspring as well,
we just produced a few dozens of seeds of Oaxaca 79 x A5 Haze for our own use, could you imagine the outcome of this one ? :yummy:

:good:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

The 79 x A5 sounds dangerous. I’m about to harvest my Oaxaca 79 x Panama and have already picked 7 seeds (crossed with Single OTH male). Hopefully can find another 7 or more matured seeds in harvest.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
That looks good brother! The runt turned out to be a male also, so I soaked 4 more seeds and have them in tissue. Tails are long enough that they will go into soil again today. I should get a girl this round. Thanks again bro. I should have popped more than 3 seeds the first time, but a little short on room.

Thanks Bro! :) So far im pretty happy with this Plant, the very first one from the cross and directly a vigorous one with a nice mix of traits from both lines. I think the clawing on the top could come cause the top already grew above the reflector, this Plant didn't had much VEG, just placed her in the corner of the tent and didn't expected much. :skiiing:

Great you've popped a few more, crossing fingers for a girl this time. As we both know you thought it's a fem. cross at first. :D

Amazing work! So beautiful.....

Thanks willy! :)