What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

O.Ds 2017 Organic Run

G

Gr33nSanta

Gave the girls 5 gals each of Fish Hyrdoslyate, molasses and EM1. I'm really starting to love the fish. Allot of fungal development under the mulch.

Questions!

#1 Gypsum. Is it safe to top dress not having a soil analysis done?

#2 Humic Acid. Is this necessary? When would it be?

As long as you top dress and dont till in, its pretty hard to over do anything.

Humic Acid is in my opinion not necessary especially if you use vermicompost or worms in your pots.

If you use thick layer of mulch, it creates habitat for insects, the goods and the bads, and they help make food available to the plant. If you dont like the mulch idea you might want to look into using insect frass like mealworm poop, high in chitins.

I really like the keep it simple approach, less is more, and as long as you simply top dress and use mulch and insects it is hard to over do it.

everything looks great man!

As long as you top dress and dont till in, its pretty hard to over do anything.

Humic Acid is in my opinion not necessary especially if you use vermicompost or worms in your pots.

If you use thick layer of mulch, it creates habitat for insects, the goods and the bads, and they help make food available to the plant. If you dont like the mulch idea you might want to look into using insect frass like mealworm poop, high in chitins.

I really like the keep it simple approach, less is more, and as long as you simply top dress and use mulch and insects it is hard to over do it.

everything looks great man!

I'M diggin the mulch. Has allot of life to it. I've heard of frass but never used it before. I know some swear by it. To be honest I usually probably do a little much at the beginning to start things off. After the first few weeks I slow it down. I love the teas though. But usually once every 2 to 3 weeks. The plants seem to be adjusting well to everything so I'll take a chair and chill for sure. Being my 3rd grow I have allot of questions still and most likely do a little too much though lol

Thank you!

G

Gr33nSanta

if you have chloromides (do you mean chloramine?) I think you are best to use some sort of filters. I never had to worry about that shit. I am not that worried about chlorine Ive used tap water for years and I dont bubble it but they do not use chloromine where I live as far as I know.

Little pic up date. Cherry Bomb, GDP, and Rascal OG

Attachments

• 14962431158931249791606.jpg
    14962431158931249791606.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 1496243151083403908860.jpg
    1496243151083403908860.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 14962431808551836779349.jpg
    14962431808551836779349.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1496243204977817868746.jpg
    1496243204977817868746.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 12

marmarb

What do you use for flowering. Normal I'm a indoor chem guy now outdoors using master nursery organic soil

What do you use for flowering. Normal I'm a indoor chem guy now outdoors using master nursery organic soil

Nothing really. Might do some kelp teas but that's all. I top dress fertilizers throughout the season which feeds the soil. Lacto teas are really good to make phosphorus among many things available for the plant. But that's also done regularly. But I don't give them anything special. Just hope my divers healthy soil handles everything for me. Hasn't let me down yet

How's everyone doing? Everything going great here. Pic is last Thursday. Don't feel like taking a most recent lol. But all is well. Got thru that heat like it never happened

Attachments

• IMG_20170624_110600_992.jpg
    IMG_20170624_110600_992.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 13
Nice bushes!

Why not get a soil test and see where Ca is at?

I don't have any dirt left over and I don't want to dig it out a pot.

I came across people blindly putting massive amounts of it in so I did just one cup. And I'll probably do it again before flower. I didn't notice anything good or bad so I'll keep it safe. I think I came across some reads saying they use the most during transition to flower so maybe in the middle of July I'll do it before stretch

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looks good, are you gonna cage those girls up or what? looks like its gonna be a pain in the ass now, since the branches are over growing your pots

Looks good, are you gonna cage those girls up or what? looks like its gonna be a pain in the ass now, since the branches are over growing your pots

Yea man for sure. Money been tight since I've been on work comp all year. Blows. But I hope to get something done real soon about it. I know it's already gotten away from me a bit

Latest posts

Latest posts