What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYH" New York Haze(Piff)

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Stoney thats true sometimes they let u go but it depends a arrest is free money even if they give u a dat and go home

And nah i lived like 15 minutes from the heights no Jersey here it was just bc it was easier to buy a .7 or .8 and save gas and maybe a trip to jail whats .2 for the chance of that ? Lol ..

led05

Chasing The Present
it lives

it lives

in upstate still, these are from seeds sourced close to 2000/01 (base stock is haze early 90's) , as many say, the dried flowers aren't the prettiest but once you light it on fire the pure franky comes out, aka church. My wives parents are off the boat Eastern European, Orthodox and their church burns frankincense religiously, if I've smoked within the hour before they come over they always ask if I was burning church incense, classic...

To me true Piff, Old school Haze, Frankies or whatever you want to call it is entirely in the smell once burnt, there's nothing else like it and smells little like weed at all, much, much more like Frankincense

Jar cured for 2.5 Years - trichs still look erect, what a lovely plant ;)

This particular strain is all NLD, very little if any WLD, my guess is it comes from Sam back in the day but I'm not 100% sure -

anyone else remember when you had to get bank Intl money orders, calculate out the amount, order via phone or letter and then wait 2-3 months to hopefully get your beans..... ;0

Last edited:

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Finding that piff haze was the reason i got into growing my own way back in the day. Its turned out to be a lot harder than i ever anticipated. More than a decade in and im still scratching my head trying to figure out just what it is.

Im from the tristate area and we were lucky if we got .7/.8s for the twen. Usually it worked out to something like a .5 or .6. The piff is fire tho, the best tasting herb i ever had. Churchy goodness. Every haze variant ive tried over the years never came close except for one Skunkhaze grown by a FUCKEM family member. It was different than piff, but just as good in its own way. Its a shame that strain didnt make its rounds.

Same here LED, lineage in my extended family is the same and Orthodox churches burn that frankincense all day. Very similar. Not much "chronic" smell to it at all. What a lovely girl she is.

led05

Chasing The Present
ITERATIONS of Haze, did it morph into...

ITERATIONS of Haze, did it morph into...

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always got the impression it was nl5xhaze,, but I can't really tell without trying it,, looks like it tho from the various pictures

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I feel like im beating a dead horse piff is a type of weed not a specific cut .. so when we say piff once its a haze with the distinct smell and TASTE its the piff

They still sell haze but its not the piff bc it lost the taste and the high is way more Indica now .. the smell in a room is still incense .. after a joint u feel stoned motionless not that happy rush u got b4 ..i think this has more to do with SEEDBANKS changing the products offered from the 90s till now .. dudes will hunt thru those same packs and not find anything like b4 esepcially the older banks like sensi

So u could have nl x haze .. nevs haze .. o haze x skunk etc .. its like how we put a label on OG .. hell angel og smokes nothing like sfv og .. but does it make it less of an og ?

Piff can make a comeback but who is gonna shave a cycle or 2 off every year to grow a 90 day plant when wedding cake can be done in 65 ish and command a higher ticket?

Jerzeehaze

I lived in NYC for 3 months. I remember when people tell me how fucking BOMB the chicken and rice cart was on 45th and 6th. It was SO BOMB that people wait hours just to get the stuff at 3 AM, and that there have been stabbings resulting from people cutting in line. Wow, must be good chicken, right?

So one night after a lot of drinking (optimal chicken and rice time) I decided to try some out as it was right near my hotel. It was really good chicken and rice, and the white sauce was good too, but it wasn't the bomb-diculous-obnoxious everyone was talking about. It seemed the man who was stabbed years back died in vein.

Quintessential NYC imho - all hype no deliver. I've never tried "piff" or "NYH" but I bet you could find comparable stuff in a reputable SF or LA dispensary.[/QUOTE

No you cant lol

Jerzeehaze

It's may 2021.. I just walked past two shorties like 6 months ago burning that haze.. haven't smelled it in 20 years.. right on 163 and whatever..

I can confirm it's still around and still impossible to get...

alpo

It's may 2021.. I just walked past two shorties like 6 months ago burning that haze.. haven't smelled it in 20 years.. right on 163 and whatever..

I can confirm it's still around and still impossible to get...

did you try to do something extreme to let 'em know you're cool. like moon them

Jerzeehaze

I should have! I'm pushing 50 ( just ticked 46 ) and I swear to you I've smoked this bud. Years ago. It's actually is as good as advertised. I would have stripped naked right there if those two ladies led me to the holy Grail of mary jane........

They clearly have access

Reactions: Gry

Limeygreen

Veteran
I feel like im beating a dead horse piff is a type of weed not a specific cut .. so when we say piff once its a haze with the distinct smell and TASTE its the piff

They still sell haze but its not the piff bc it lost the taste and the high is way more Indica now .. the smell in a room is still incense .. after a joint u feel stoned motionless not that happy rush u got b4 ..i think this has more to do with SEEDBANKS changing the products offered from the 90s till now .. dudes will hunt thru those same packs and not find anything like b4 esepcially the older banks like sensi

So u could have nl x haze .. nevs haze .. o haze x skunk etc .. its like how we put a label on OG .. hell angel og smokes nothing like sfv og .. but does it make it less of an og ?

Piff can make a comeback but who is gonna shave a cycle or 2 off every year to grow a 90 day plant when wedding cake can be done in 65 ish and command a higher ticket?

90 days is nothing but commercial minded folks have different opinions, 140 days is about my limit.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
25 years ago "piff" was a specific cut, and it was unlike most other hazes . It certainly has a "basement musky mildew chemmy" profile and it did not leave the typical church incense smell afterwards.
nobody has her.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

hope you dont mind me to comment this a little.

they change it that way, that they lost a lot of parental cuts in police raids in late 90s... so they just took seeds they have and took them to further generations. so in first generation of NLhaze you could find happy rush ones, but more it went further into third or fourth generation, northern lights took over haze effect, regardless what parents were selected.. so it is this motionless heady stone without a thought, just staring to the void now.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
hope you dont mind me to comment this a little.

they change it that way, that they lost a lot of parental cuts in police raids in late 90s... so they just took seeds they have and took them to further generations. so in first generation of NLhaze you could find happy rush ones, but more it went further into third or fourth generation, northern lights took over haze effect, regardless what parents were selected.. so it is this motionless heady stone without a thought, just staring to the void now.
The New Green Rush, problem is, with legalization, everyone wants to take advantage of new opportunities to cash in and make a buck, so hard (or not!) to tell what's real, or not 'gone with the wind' forever! :cautious:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Big respect to this man for the massive effort to bring these genetics to the public. Can't thank you enough bro. I mean it. Holy communion pictured below ⛪
I'm just about to pop some of those seeds. PiffCoast is a good friend of mine. I think it was you, he said found 10 week plants in that Holy Communion ?