What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD STINKY NYCD OOOH WEEE

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
here we go nycd day 32

flora nova GH nutes, floraliscious additive... some budswell batguano(somas fave!)

5 gal, with lots of FF OF, and perlite(dolomite and added bone meal)

i gotta say that out thousands of dollars worth of seed packs ive purchased over the years, somas seeds are consistently the healthiest, stable, absolutely stinkiest and tastiest buds ive ever grown....they are so healthy and so stinky i cant believe ive ever tried to grow any other breeeders seeds...ive grown many 'supposedly' stinky strains that never produced stinky tasty herb...somas nycd packs(so far gone through 2 packs) are consistently the same stable gentics and some how the nycd has become my favorite pungent herb of all time..its a fruity pineapple/grapefruity perfume smell....i highly reccommend nycd from soma!! amazing amazing stuff!! please share your nycd stories/pics/and grow tips.

so far these nycd ladies are picky and only like to be fed under 1k PPM @ 6.5 PH
nycd no joke

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
My Soma's Sacred Seed - New York City Diesel Virtual Grow Log

My Soma's Sacred Seed - New York City Diesel Virtual Grow Log

why they do what??

plus this strain kicks ass when you clone them..... might not root as fast as other strains..but when it roots it roots... ive had 100% success rates!!

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
cant wait for some purple to start showing..last time the purple starting showing after day 43, ive been keeping the night time temps well below 72º...hopefully this will bring about the purple tones

G

looking good nycdfan042... can wait to get my cloners flowering so tasty like...

keep the green thumb flowing nycdfan042

SD

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
thanks dutch, im glad your nycd clones are rocking out! i hope we can keep this strain for a while i love it...its so much more superior to anything else ive grown!!

wish i knew of other stinky varietys like this one, as i said ive heared of many varietys that are supposedly stinky only to find that "hay" smell after drying and curing ...where as the nycd stinks up the entire closet..... put it this way : NYCD made me go out and buy the biggest baddest carbon scrubber i could fit in my room@!

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
any one have any NYCD piX? please share...my GF went on vacation and took our camera, so no updates till next week...heh sorry! but itll be worth the wait i promise...

day 36 and not a hint of purple on any of the phenos....temps in the day time go up to as high as 82º and as low as 64º@ night

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
day 38 and i wish i could take pics, but my camera isnt with me till this sunday! im pretty sure there will be some purple on these sexy nycd ladies...my carbon scrubber is actually doing a pretty good job. no one else has any nycd pix?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
i fed one of the short indica dominant phenos last night, and when the lights shut off i checked on the ladies and found the indica pheno i just fed standing with her leaves @ attention...almost all the leaves were sticking str8 up in the air, very unusual because ususally when i feed the leaves droop. well when i woke up today i found the same plant had gone thru some mild nute burn, i was shocked because i have been feeding the indica dominant nycd's the same doses and the other indica dom nycd i have is doing excellent..i havent lost one fan leaf on her but the other indica dominant diesel has lost quite a few leaves and has some nute burn, very confused and very upset....i flushed the 5 gallon container out with 2.5 gallons of fresh distilled water in hopes of rectifying the issues @ hand...ill take pics of the sick plant once i get my camera. i think that little to no damage (except for the burned fan leaves) was done, i think the flush will probably help her thru w/e problems are going on and hopefully shell be able to take some nutrients because she is actually a lil behind compared to her other indica dominant nycd sister...

p.s. i cant believe no one else has any nycd stories or pics to share...go on, share !

Last edited:

~DatFire~

Im also growing NYCD, on day 43 of 12/12....seeing how you went through 2 packs of NYCD, what pheno was the best??...Im trying to find a keeper out of my pack of 10, so far I have flower 3 and none of them are really that stinky......I brought the fem pack a while back....

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
this is a standard pack i dont like feminized packs..as stated earlier there are two main phenotypes ive come across one is a tall lanky sativa pheno wich has little to no smell and then there is a short indica pheno wich stinks like citrus/pineapple/grapefruit perfume...very stinky plant , umistakeable aroma and taste...i gaurantee once you get that phenotype youll throw away the other pheno...the stone is way nicer on the indica pheno...i found the sativa high to "up". @ day 43 you should be seeing purple soon....i cant wait till my nycd ladies get purple.... pix on sunday , my gf should be back from vacation then

Patch7

I am at day 37 of flower of a nycd x deep chunk and she looks beautiful!!!! I also have a pak of ECSD IBL's for the next grow!!!

G

Man I had a pack of NYCD from Soma that I was really looking forward to planitng... I waited and planted some white widow and AK-48 from Nirvana first.... some shite russian from serious seeds... Also some Mr Nice G-13 x Hashplant that I grew out.... Out of all the seeds the most expensive ones had the most trouble sprouting....

All of the Ak-48 sprouted on day 2 I think.... WW was soon after.... The G-13' x Hashplant I had trouble getting the seeds to sprout.... I wound up with only 4 out of 10 sprouting.... white russian had 100 %....

My Soma pack that I opened just a month ago had a succses rate of only 2 out of 10.... :chin:

I have two small seedlings right now that look like they have fat indica leaves.... maybe its the indica pheno... maybe it will be a male and female

maybe I will win the lottery.

its all good :joint:

jsn

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
JOHNNYSTIFFKNECK*: ..hopefuly you will lindeed win the lotto, i recently rooted successfully 6 clones of NYCD 'stinky pheno'(i cloned the fuck outta that pheno i liked, and the others)green godess seeds i had didnt really work out**EDIT** sleepy's, that guy had an insane greengodess grow@! sick pheno with puffy trichome covered collars around the inner sugar leaves!@ breath-taking plant@!

icrackd 4 nirvana bubliscious seeds and also recently cracked 4 beans of my own cross i made last season:(i took an awesome thseeds bubble gum male X serious seeds kali myst female that yielded 6oz off one plant! and somas somango(seeds i got from gypsy)x the same thseeds BG male..figure the "mango gum" and "bubble myst" will be fun to gro since its my first cross....what would that make them? f2's? since the Bubble gum was the male (45 day indica) was crossed with a super sativa kali mist female will the finishing time shorten on the cross? will i end up with a 75 day strain? im dying to check out this cross , i picked these strains because i wanted to make my own staiva indica cross..pretty soon ill work on a NYCD X (nirvana BUBLISCIOUS cross...i dont know shit about genetics or breeeding i just followed the info i read on somas book and dj shorts books..semmed to work great...

ill be sending GYPSY these seeds, hopefully hell give them away on his site and pass along my passion for the cannabis plant to hundreds if not thousands of like minded people!@

ill be updating the thread tonight with pics and more details....

Last edited:
G

Yeah I really dont care one way or the other. If I am blessed with a female I will be happy. Any medicine from Soma must be good. Just saw his book on Organics last night wish I could have gotten it....

Man that looks like an amazing plant.. :yummy:

Say whats the word on this strain outdoors/indoors. Where is it best suited?
Any body grow this strain in a greenhouse?

jsn

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
ive only grown somas stuff inside...id love to do an out door grow with a huge 10ft x10ft wide ditch filled with organic soil mix and a fish head burried in it...im sure would create some large and in charge buds....im dying to do an outdoor grow with any of somas stuff....im sure these plants would do better in a higher elevation

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
day 44 and smelling fantastic things going great under the 600w HPS/ 400w MH dual HOOD/BALLAST combo i recently got....love the light it works great..both lights run in the same hood(temps not a problem) and the ballast is one pice and runs both sockets..love the piece!!!

on to the ladiez....two stinky phenos are doing awesome...one of the indica phenos(stinky indica pheno[plant#2]in pix) is way farther along, and will finish probably first, while the other stinky indica pheno is pretty behind. the sativa phenos are doing the same thing one of them is farther along and showing many red hairs while the other is far behind.

the stinky indica pheno (plant#1 in pix) was sick and had crazy leaf curl and necrosis from top to bottom....as mentioned before all the plants were fed the same thing and did excellent except for this one particularp lant....ive decided to blame it on faulty/unstable genetics for the problems and not me, for the fact that all other plants are doing exceptionally well(no yellowing, and very few fan leaved died).

im still only feeding them light doses 1 gallon of distilled zephyr hills water, with GH flora nova(1tsp.), budswell bat guano(1tsp.), and GH floraliscious additive(1tsp.), i usually gave the previous grow(kali mist) 2tsp of flora nova and the rest of those ingredients...ive found this soma strain to be sensitive to over feeding...they do seem to love the budswell and floraliscious as it really stinks them up early on in flowering...

seeds all cracked:4 nirvana bubliscious(another absolutely awesome stinky colorful strain) , and 4 of my own kali mist X bubblegum cross"*bubble mist*" tplants due soon, and the nycd clones are transplanted into 6x9's lovin the 250w MH glory

heres those pics i promised....i cant wait for the harvest

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
.....Looking good there nycdfan.....

....you definately include alot of love with the growing...

Grow On!

teh_piper

I'm hoping I have some success with my NYCD. I'm doing an outdoor grow with it this summer. It's alread germed and in the soil, just waiting for them to sprout. I only have two that a friend gave me, wish I had more. I'll let you guys know how it goes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts