What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

indifferent

Veteran
Hmm, anyone know if Amnesia has some NLX in it? Something about those plants reminds me of the NLX I did years ago and those got really tall too, despite being more on the indica side.

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I for one long for the good old days before people used bagseeds for breeding. Amnesia is nothing more than a bagseed from a bag of SSH bought in the GHS shop. Not saying it isn't good, but no bagseed is suitable for a proper breeding project imho.

You're sure? God, Amnésia moppel is only bagseed cut, it's crazy :bongsmi:

indifferent

Veteran
That is the story I am told from a reliable source - i.e. the guy Hypro told the tale to a couple of years back. I can't name names but i have zero suspicions of doubt on this one.

I don't think it's crazy that an SSH bagseed could produce something fantastic, SSH is damn good stuff.

Locoporro

Hi IcMagers :wave:
Rezdog said:
Lots of painful truth in this thread....
In french we say: "Il n'y a que la vérité qui blesse ..."

It means: "There is only the truth which Hurts"

Braindead said:
Bro loco, we need pics please, your mandarina looks delicious
Hey My Dear Braindead, how are you ,friend ? :)

As i have already stated it in this thread several times ... i never had the Mandarina !!!

Sideshow Bob wrote a complete Post about every Soma Cut, Thanks to Him

here it is :

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2872791&postcount=57

"My" (not mine) soma cut was brought by a lover of landraces on the vibes collective .... a really good homecrosser... and awesome grower :tiphat:

He received it 4 years ago from the owner of the growshop Alchimia who received it from Soma .... Mandarina seems more fruity from testimonies , this one is really pleasant for sure , great Nycd.... more like a nycd from Holland (and not like the parsley/citrus/bacon nycd#2 aka bbm#2 )

Moppel have tasted it ... i dont remember well what he said ... :wave:

I searched some pictures for you, braindead :)

Grower: My buddy Xpresso ( i just saw his account is deleted :( )
picture.php

Grower Knagricole THANKS BRO for letting me use your pictures

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Braindead said:
You're sure? God, Amnésia moppel is only bagseed cut, it's crazy
indifferent said:
That is the story I am told from a reliable source - i.e. the guy Hypro told the tale to a couple of years back. I can't name names but i have zero suspicions of doubt on this one.
You should read this thread again amigo braindead .... :dance013:

Dear Indifferent, it was already stated :

MrHaze420 said it to me .... page 2 , post 30 and yeah he is a reliable source :tiphat: thanks to him

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2869339&postcount=30

MrHaze420 said:
ok, here it is. the hy-pro family are friends of mine. they brought me the amnesia/ssh years ago. they found a seed in the ssh from the greenhouse and grew it out. they called it amnesia but when i saw it i knew right away it was a ssh pheno, bubblegum, candy smelling and knock u out strong. over the years is has won many cups as ssh/amnesia, from many shops in the south, twins coffeshop, bio ibo and many others. so, not to take anything away from karma but he won the breeders cup with somone else's genetics. a rose by any other name is still a rose

Karma stated his cut was proberly the same as the Amnesia Moppel

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2952227&postcount=95

Karma said:
The hypro cut is the core amnesia its the same, the one i run is proberly a sister almost exact the same when grown next tp eachother.

Positives Vibes To ALL !!!!!! :)

Loco

indifferent

Veteran
It is! lol

The reliable source was mrhaze, I forgot he had already posted the info in this thread, he told me in conversation a while back.

SSH, while great stuff, is everywhere these days, same with NYCD, time for new blood!

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
yehh right indifferent.. 10 years of Amnesia and NYCD.......not to talk about the great SSH maybe the best x ever!!!!

Dkgrower

Veteran
Maybe its time to tell that the Amnesia Core Cut is in fact a SSH cut. When Core first got it (from me), he was told it was named Amnesia. Later i found out that its a SSH cut. although lot of coffeeshops sell it as Amnesia. But for example GH sells it as SSH atm. I have seen it in other shops as Superhaze.

WOw this is some funny shit, i am trying to pick out some clones from a extreme long list, but i think i will just ask to get the best in his opion since this name game is so funny

L

Laugan Gaucher

hello everybody,

I think amnesia Haze is not a SSH strain because there is some Afghani-Hawaïan in it, not SSH ( NL,sk,haze). soma work with a afghani-hawaïan line ( Shanti spice ) that give that so particular smell of amnesia but still amethyst bud ( Afg-hawa x lavender ) and NYCD ( sour D x afghani-hawaIan ).

maybe some pollen from afg-hawai accidently comme on a SSH flower for making the bagseed...

another solution : SSH bagseed from greenHouse ? desinformations and lies...why ? why not.....

I never get bagseeds from coffeeshop deal...I'm a poor man

just two cents

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
hello everybody,

I think amnesia Haze is not a SSH strain because there is some Afghani-Hawaïan in it, not SSH ( NL,sk,haze). soma work with a afghani-hawaïan line ( Shanti spice ) that give that so particular smell of amnesia but still amethyst bud ( Afg-hawa x lavender ) and NYCD ( sour D x afghani-hawaIan ).

maybe some pollen from afg-hawai accidently comme on a SSH flower for making the bagseed...

another solution : SSH bagseed from greenHouse ? desinformations and lies...why ? why not.....

just two cents

yehhh may bro, but we talk about Amnesia not Amnesia Haze!!!
Somas AH is a mystery!! Also the Ibo cut did not show the amnethyst like a lot of somas line do!!!...i guess AH from soma Amnesia x G13Haze and by bx to Amnesia.....also soma never did sold a AH x G13 cross....why???????

indifferent

Veteran
The Afghan Hawaiian is not the same thing as Spice which is a cross of two Hawaiians.

Soma could have used the Afghan-Hawaiian male on the Amnesia/SSH bagseed cutting but I doubt it, more likely he used the G13Haze male. The Amnesia Haze was released at the same time as the other G13Haze crosses.

The bagseed mother of NYCD probably wasn't Sour D, it was probably the more indica diesel that's also known as daywrecker, there are no sativa phenos in NYCD which would be there if it was a Sour D cross.

Bloody Soma, bagseeds and dubious lineages, makes it so hard to work out what is what!

hello everybody,

just two cents

MGC

Hi my Loco friend :)

I'm glad to meet you on ICMag. I hope everything's fine and that you're doing great.
Thank you for this interesting thread, and for the beautiful pics.
Your Soma's NYCD cut is just awesome :)

CYA and take care !

++

SillyCone

Wow, she's beautiful outside too !
Quite leafy though, which is weird for the most leafless plant I ever grew (indoors only)

On my last crop (1200W), the NYCD Soma cut was the most productive plant of all. The biggest bud was 12cm in diameter (5" for our imperial friends) !!!

Keep 'em coming :)

Best Vibes,
Silly(c)One.

ElRubio

Veteran
Merry xmass Loco & everyone!!

Interesting info in this thread...NYCD aka Mandarina cut

PC280119.jpg

Happy new year!:)

Latest posts

Latest posts