What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

K

Kpuchino

Which is the difference between the soma and mandarina?

Looks similar to me ^^

:)

Hey my friend

It is a very good question, I do not really know the answer,
there are almost the same, it may be the case

although NYCD soma seems to be a little more ears of corn,
while the rest mandarina more compact and will be more fruity ...

The soma NYCD cut, I had picked up on the "vibes" through a Spanish friend "lagoutche" This will be a clone from soma ...
It runs fine now ...

But as I understand it would have run multiple soma clone
there has cut several clone called soma ...

That's all I can say ...

++X

Locoporro

Yoo friends

Everything has been already explained in the previous pages :)

Sideshowbob stated that there were at least 4 soma cut

look this post, my friend BD1

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=2872791&postcount=54

The soma cut came from "lagoutche" but he received it from "david" from Alchimia, spanish growshop (you know it well , BD hehe) if i remember well...

The smell is fruity/citrus but also smoky, you know the taste as you have the same cut as mine ;)

The Mandarina is known to have been traded for a painting, the smell seems to be pure fruity like tangerine orange (mandarine en francais héhé) but i never grew it

Je sais pas si ca peut t'aider :comfort:

LP

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx loco bro,

Yes i know well "David" one of the best cool guy i've ever seen in spain. A Fucking strong smoker, only pure weed..damn what a monster, big up david bro!

To me your soma cut (I don't know if it's "the mandarina") smells citrus/fruity with nice colors buds (A Bit Purplish/yellow) with typical light tangerine taste, hummm sometimes à bit dieselish.

True foxtailing plant, huge calix, tasty smoke, not devastating strain, good for make sometime with friends...

:tiphat:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
are you confused yet?

are you confused yet?

i really have to try that core-cut, as it is, i'm really confused about the amnesias!

i always thought that the core-cut had a hazy aroma? but it's supposed to be from hypro? the hypro amnesia cut ("la cordobesa") i tried was in no way hazy, more like dried fruits and nuts aroma

the amnesia haze i know from dutch coffeeshops sure is hazy... and karma says his amnesia is not hazy but sweet but thinks it is a sister of the core-cut, so the core-cut is not hazy? is that where my confusion stems from?

but then there is something very special that is indeed amnesia haze in the NL that is sold in a lot of shops (and is imho what led to the reputation amnesia haze has)... so the key is the difference between amnesia and amnesia haze?

does core-cut amnesia do justice to its name? the amnesia haze (soma) i know does really cause a state of mind similar to amnesia, especially the day after enjoying her...

here is amnesia haze (nesel) from a dutch coffeeshop:

picture.php

she's a really special hazy-floral herb, i have a hard time to believe it should be somehow related to this one:

hypro amnesia "la cordobesa":

picture.php

picture.php

the nesel seems more related to soma's amnesia haze:

21805AMnesia-2.jpg

21805Amnesia-3-med.jpg

this one is hazy too, but doesn't have the floral edge that the nesel has and has a more thai-citrus-haziness but i could believe that her and nesel are directly related somehow... but i'm having a really hard time to believe that this should be ssh, it's different to any ssh i have tried... the hypro amnesia didn't remind me of ssh too, as she has nothing hazy about her (imho) but i have tried ssh phenos that were not hazy so this seems more of a possibility than amnesia haze = ssh...

polyhybrids and the name-game are fun aren't they? *g*

Suspect

Veteran
I just grew two Hy-pro Amnesias from zenseeds. This plant has a very pungent sour/citrus smell.

picture.php

picture.php

UfoDisclosure

This thread is fantastic.
To me, the real deal Amnesia Haze is
Very Hazy
Very Citrusy
Very Peppery
Not sour or sugary

Batches of his cut were sold in France/Belgium/Germany by dozens of kilos each month
between 2004 and 2008. I smoked several hundred grams of that dutch cut.

This weed was so FANTASTIC that it was sold 25E a gram in ghettos and people (I included) were almost fighting when the stock was in shortage.
The taste was extremely subtle and delicate and the high was totally sativa. It was a soaring, upbeat, energizing high.
The best weed I've ever smoked and will ever smoke in my life. Nothing can beat this.

And once in 2009, I scored 300g of a totally different Amnesia Haze, still imported from Holland but completely different. Buds were much bigger, with no foxtails, it had much more Indica in it. The taste was clearly a relative of the real Amnesia Haze.
And If I had to tell difference in taste and smell, I would say that this one was
-less hazy
-not citrusy
-not peppery
-more sugary
-more sour/rotten fruits

And that it somewhat smelled like a very sugary blend of whisky, like Jack Daniel.
Completely different in aspects, taste, smell and high. This one was grown and cured to perfection but was not nearly as sativa as the real one, the Real Amnesia Haze.

And then a few years ago, I also scored the Resin Seeds cross of Amnesia Haze, which was good, but very disappointing when you know that they start with to create this strain.

On OpenGrow, this month, a good grower tries cuttings of Amnesia Haze that he scored in his country (presumably Netherland or Austria)
They don't look like the Hy-pro version at all, with much narrower leaves and real Sativa structure.
This is this kind of cuttings that I'd really like to get. Visually, it looks totally like the great Amnesia Haze I used to score between 2004 and 2008.

Here is the thread
:woohoo:

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/46991-amnesia-haze/page__st__20

See ya my friends

Cheesegez

Nice thread man ...

Does anyone know if the somas nycd mandarina is same cut ewark selected from the devils harvest crew know also as tangerine haze in Colorado?? I believe the genetics to the tangerine haze is somas seeds Nycdxg13 all I know is this sone dank S*** 👍🏼

Corsaire

Veteran
Glad to read some old friends, and to find some info about the NYCD La Mandarina cut, has anyone ever tried to cross it? Just to know if the hermy trait is "intense" or not... :)

I plan to cross it with SD IBL males but it seems to be a bit dangerous, maybe the C99 is more appropriate... :thinking:

Cheesegez

Do you know the genetics of the la mandarin cut is it NYCDxG13 ? In the states I believe it's known as tangerine haze ....

Last edited:
nycd cut "la mandarina " cut was the cut that finished 2nd for spannabis cup in spain .

david from alchimia shop offered me this clone . i then offered it on the vibes collective to many people .

and after that its reputation increased a lot .

exactly its the clone who finished 2nd for hashish cup in spannabis 2008 or 2009 .you can still see the trophy on alchimia shop in figueres spain .

2. there is a clone around in spain that is known as "la mandarina", the storry is that soma traded this clone for a painting a few years ago in spain... i smoked this one grown from a few different growers in spain and i can verify that i already smoked this clone in coffeeshops in the netherlands, it has this incredible intense citrus aroma (my first asociations always where grapefruit, then orange) but now that i have smoked it grown really good i could see why it's called "la mandarina" - the sweet note from the background together with the citrus is like eating a fresh mandarine (that really only is slightly exaggerated... incredible herb) this is the best representation of citrus-diesel i ever had acces to the plant as well (the best product, as written, i still sampled in a coffeeshop)

true story .

david from alchimia told me that soma was living in north spain at this time ,and soma himself offered him this clone .

Beuhologue

Hi Lagoutche!
Cool you are the guy taking back from Spain the NYCD Soma Alchimia cut :)

I heard there is 2 cuts of NYCD Soma cut still turning, red grapefruit seem to be lost

the Nycd Soma cut Alchimia Spanabis cup and the Mandarina,

the Alchimia one is taller, beautiful shiny calyxes with long foxtails
taste/smell is a bit weird like parsley, dried rotten orange, burned waffle :)
bacon for someone, good high effect last longer than Mandarina

and the Mandarina, shorter, no special calyxes and no foxtail, more stone effect
high is less long, no parsley in it,
smell/taste is better, remind me the Critical Bilbo but more fruity orangy side, but
I found the name "La Mandarina" a bit exaggerated, more orange than tangerine
(but I found real natural tangerine smell and taste in a cross made with I think,
Tangerine Trainwreck Haze)

but in case of mislabeled cut… easy to propagate fakes :s Tu vas pouvoir confirmer
ça!

(that's already said by Locoporro on the first page but you seem to mix the 2 cuts
in your memories)

I think when you reach the 50 messages someone will contact you

++!

Last edited:
ok .your post and locoporro's one helps me better with dates .

i go to alchimia since their first shop in figueres and im good friend with one of them since 20 years .

i had the fox tail clone youre talking about around 2004-2005 .fox tailed and i called it "walt disney effect ".i grew it outdoor ,was very potent .

the clone i took back from spain in 2008-2010 ,dont remember exactly the dates .
this clone did round top buds ,yellowish ,sometimes herma ,its true too .not fantastic potency ,just an original fresh citrusy -orange smell .its possible to know if someone got the pics from the vibes collective ,it was compared with BBM bacon pheno .so there was pics taken of it .pics are better than a long talk .

but if the clone who won the spannabis for hash is the foxtail one ,i just hope to find it again since 12 years ,incredible as i said ,effect is long ,and sometimes was lsd kind with waves of stupid laugh, like mexican mushrooms for example.

see you all

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Im currently running the core cut she stinks lemony fuely musky hazey ... currently on week 8 12/12 flushing...

She's alright for a 9 week ssh pheno but personally i would take the psycosis cut in terms of a 9 week haze much better tasting than the core cut

Just 1 plant but she is easily a cash croppers strain..

Uo16fT0.jpg

vL2IuHB.jpg

EgTKZ0Q.jpg

cfTzX5c.jpg

zoH8gCg.jpg