What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

SillyCone

EDIT - although hats off to sillycone.. because.. your money would probably be better spent on MNS SSH as then you might find a heap of other awesome phenos too...
My thoughts exactly... As I'm running a triple selection on SSH, Mango Haze and Afghan Haze right now :tree:

Initially, I wanted to find another amnesia pheno, but then I thought, that's stupid, coz I already have one, and as you say, there are loads of bad ass phenos in this genepools (Mr.Nice's haze crosses, all of them are special, at least to me, old extreme sativas lover - born as a smoker in Brazil with pure sativas, born as a grower in Belgium, very close to Holland, in the 90's.)

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
I'm not so sure about the hypro AH... i tried the cordoba-cut of the hypro AH, which is quite famous around here, and already has won a cup or two...

i don't know wether it's the clone from hypro or just a well selected cut from their seeds, but i can tell you that this clone has about nothing to do with haze or with what i know and like as AH from the netherlands and soma seeds... the aroma is more on the sweet-fruity side, very compact buds...

The AH i'm growing also has rock hard buds but the aroma gives off the sativa (haze) lineage, it has the haze stench (incense) with lemon and carrot and a little afghan (kush) flavour in the background, so i would rather go with soma seeds than hypro if i were looking for the amnesia that first turned my head around in the netherlands :)

amc98

I'm not so sure about the hypro AH... i tried the cordoba-cut of the hypro AH, which is quite famous around here, and already has won a cup or two...

i don't know wether it's the clone from hypro or just a well selected cut from their seeds, but i can tell you that this clone has about nothing to do with haze or with what i know and like as AH from the netherlands and soma seeds... the aroma is more on the sweet-fruity side, very compact buds...

The AH i'm growing also has rock hard buds but the aroma gives off the sativa (haze) lineage, it has the haze stench (incense) with lemon and carrot and a little afghan (kush) flavour in the background, so i would rather go with soma seeds than hypro if i were looking for the amnesia that first turned my head around in the netherlands :)

+1

Hy-pro´s Amnesia haze Cordoba cut is so far away from we are used to understand about haze. The plant structure and production are more compact, giving huge yields grown either indoors or outdoors, organics or hydroponics.
The taste has nothing to do with haze; it has a strong coffe taste and aroma that has always reminded me when you drink a good coffe and smoke a good cuban cigar after a big meal.
The high lets you wondering what the hell is happening in your brain, with a brainstorming sensation that leaves you chilling at the sofa. Not recommended for driving or other "dangerous" activities at all.

I´ve always heard that if you look for "haze", you´d better try Soma´s amnesia better than Hy-pro´s.

Saludos!!!

ElRubio

Veteran
mandarina

mandarina

hey all!
very nice and interesting thread you have!! (finally i´ve found it Bob hehe)
i like very much the madarina cut taste, but i find it a llittle bit weak in the high... btw ive just acquired the Riri SD cut that i´ve heard is more potent. What do you think bout it fellas?
ive sampled a few times the ECDS (directly form NY) cut and it´s until the moment, my favourite choice of this kind of fuely flavors with nice effects.

some pics of the madarina cut:

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

very pleasant cut!!
good vibes...

Locoporro

Hi ICmates

@amc98: ola amigo ... how are you ? R'u always growing the riri ?? :elf:

Thanks for showing the monoceous side of the Mandarina ...

I remembered well my friend who got his mandarina from you , told me some time ago , that she was really hermie despite her fabulous taste...

I am also surprised by your mandarina in the last page, looks really like the alchimia cut from figueras ... same colors .... except the buds are not foxtailing .... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look related Looool.............

For the corbora cut , the coffee taste looks weird for an amnesia .... :xmasnut:

@Sillycone : Super plant Friend , i like this soma cut !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , what beautiful colors....a pleasure to grow .... could u show us the pic u showed me yesterday, the black nycd bud , i find some big similarieties between alchimia and mandarina.... more than before ..... the pic of mandarina by JAHMAN doesnt look A LOT like of the pic of Amc98 and of el rubio ....

@ElRubio

btw ive just acquired the Riri SD cut that i´ve heard is more potent. What do you think bout it fellas?
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=67601

And Sd riri have nothing to do with Nycd or mandarina ....

Sd riri come from a pack of SD IBL ....

SD Ibl is : ECSD x Male nycd of soma , then backcrossed Ten times at least to the ECSD ....

ive sampled a few times the ECDS (directly form NY) cut and it´s until the moment, my favourite choice of this kind of fuely flavors with nice effects.
Riri SD is more powerful , more tasteful , bigger caltxes than ECSD , when you are smoking it , the taste is too strong , it stays on the tongue long time after the joint , the taste is a mix between : CITRUS (calipo, amc 98^^)/Diesel / Lavender......

For the debate , how to buy the original amnesia:

I think there are 3 solutions

You buy them from soma seeds , but it's expensive (130E/10 seeds) unstable and you are not sure to find a great phéno , even if the amnesia from sideshow bob was found in 2 seeds .... but i think it was a pack which comes from some time ago, it was maybe an another recipe....

Then You have the Mr Nice solution, 104E BUT FOR 18 Seeds, you will find a lot of phénos , i tried the one from our friend RCB , amc 98 and it tasted the amnesia taste , juste a little more Floral .... but related to the amnesia for sure (i didnt even know that Core cut was SSH ... or anything it could be, it was 1.5 year ago ...and i said it was related)you will find a keeper for sure , even maybe better than the core cut and even more productive....

Next, you get the Hypro solution , 70 euros for 10 seeds (half price of soma seeds) but every phéno i tried , had a "diluted" amnesia taste , the one from my friend was really productive with some hard nuggets , i also tried 3 phénos of hypro from my friend xpresso , the phéno "blanc" (white) and 2 others ......Not the ultime Amnesia but amnesia ^^

I firmly believed that the hypro cut came from a SSh seed from greenhouse budz coffeshop , long time ago as said by Mr.Haze420 , the boss of hypro said even to a friend that amnesia was : afghan x Neville Haze .... something also weird is they won their first cup the year of the release of SSH
SSH: (Nl5 x Haze A) x (Skunk x Haze C)

Supposed hypro amnesia lineage

afghan x [(nl5 x Haze A) X Haze C]

looks like hu ? :xmasnut:, they maybe think about that ... and make up a lineage to hide the truth...

Well played but not enough ... :smokeit: :D

All over is of course pure speculation .... :eggnog:

:thanks: ALL, best wishes , step by step we will advance to the the truth...

Loco

Gdood9

Hypro do not make Amnesia HAZE.. just Amnesia.. Amnesia HAZE is Somas' line :)

Wasn't it discussed earlier in the thread that soma's cut really isn't Amnesia Haze? Confusing...:confused: Honestly, I really don't wanna get anything from Soma after seeing how he market's himself and his unstable genetics.

"SSH/Amnesia Haze/Whatever the hell you wanna call it" breeding project here I come...I'll let you guys know how it goes in a couple years...haha.

Mr. Nice, if you're listening, throw some SSH seeds my way. It would be a great christmas present! :thanks:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I'm just injecting some more scope for debate there mate, and it seems LP has the good info on lineage...

my main point was just to say that the 2 lines have different parents :)

(afaik) the cut I grow is from Hypro and is the pheno described by LP as "really productive with some hard nuggets" and she smells like tangerines/clementines...

of course I'm speculating too as I never grew out Somas line and even the cut I grow might be another case of taking 100 of plants for selection to find :)

amc98

Amazing info you left here, Locoporro.

The mandarina cut has always expressed hermie traits, specially if temperatures get a little too low, or if it has minimum light period disturbances. Doesn´t seem a problem as it has never seeded any of my crops, but you never know...

The pics I posted were about 56 days 12/12, I´m pretty sure foxtails will start to form real soon...;) It is my first time with her with organics, I suppose I won´t get those high foxtails I´ve always seen growing her hydroponically. We´ll see about that...

Saludos!!!

p.s. ElRubio, the Riri is by far a lot more potent than the mandarina cut. Enjoy it!!

Gdood9

I'm just injecting some more scope for debate there mate, and it seems LP has the good info on lineage...

my main point was just to say that the 2 lines have different parents :)

(afaik) the cut I grow is from Hypro and is the pheno described by LP as "really productive with some hard nuggets" and she smells like tangerines/clementines...

of course I'm speculating too as I never grew out Somas line and even the cut I grow might be another case of taking 100 of plants for selection to find :)

I appreciate the input. The name game is so confusing sometimes. It's nice to know what you're getting and where it came from. I wish all the strain "name's" would go away and just show the crosses. Life would be much easier when trying to breed a "lost" or hard to find strain.

SillyCone

I wish all the strain "name's" would go away and just show the crosses. Life would be much easier when trying to breed a "lost" or hard to find strain.
Another easy one : just don't buy on name only, as simple as that.
If the breeder isn't transparent enough on his work, that could mean only that he hasn't done any real work, just copy a star strain and change the name so you can't know where it comes from, or that he has no respect of his customers.
Real breeders have no shame in talking about their (hard) work, look at Mr.Nice Seeds, or Cannabiogen. I obviously won't name any rippers, but to find those, just look at the info given by the breeder himself on the strain parentage. Another easy hint, is to look for fem only "breeders". Those probably don't even make any real breeding (in the sense of mating a male with a female), as they only have female clones that they make seeds from. This limitates the phenotypical expression of the genes and force you to buy seeds every time, not being able to breed your own F2 to adapt the strain to your environment and taste.

K

Karma Genetics

thats why i just call it amnesia Only sativa thing about it is the stretch he he................

indifferent

Veteran
I for one long for the good old days before people used bagseeds for breeding. Amnesia is nothing more than a bagseed from a bag of SSH bought in the GHS shop. Not saying it isn't good, but no bagseed is suitable for a proper breeding project imho.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thats why i just call it amnesia Only sativa thing about it is the stretch he he................

the stretch on mine is insane.. I'm sure I'm vegging for too long or something but I have to snap n bend them everytime... the current ones have node spaces of like 3 INCHES.. :-/

earlier in flowering...
picture.php

current pic
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts