What's new

NY Times and Pentagon UFO Unit

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Some very evil people also have electrical impulses controlling their bodies and mind. What about their "soul"?

I never bought into the heaven and hell thing, except to think we make our own surroundings and those can be heaven, or hell. The time to enjoy that is while we are alive and able to do so. I choose to spend my time here on Earth with my dawgs, and sometimes people. The people I can only take so much of, usually. Dawgs are just honest and live for the moment.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Michio Kaku said that mathematically it is a certainty that alien life exists.

Billions of galaxies with billions of star systems etc...

Sounds legit.

you gotta believe in science, math and other shit to bite on that. i believe it. bedrock baptists and other hard-core Christians sects will go to their graves pooh-poohing because it disagrees with the Bible...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Some very evil people also have electrical impulses controlling their bodies and mind. What about their "soul"?

I never bought into the heaven and hell thing, except to think we make our own surroundings and those can be heaven, or hell. The time to enjoy that is while we are alive and able to do so. I choose to spend my time here on Earth with my dawgs, and sometimes people. The people I can only take so much of, usually. Dawgs are just honest and live for the moment.

i'm liking your views better every time i read things like this. :jump:

djav59

Perhaps were are shadows of the past they visit for entertainment.
We just think were in the present history like an LP album spinning closer and closer to the end .
But they can reset the needle at any point and time

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Perhaps were are shadows of the past they visit for entertainment.
We just think were in the present history like an LP album spinning closer and closer to the end .
But they can reset the needle at any point and time

That is alright. I just saw where several physicists put forth the notion that we are living in a computer matrix.
These Kats that are here and coming here are way the fuck advanced of our feeble little ways.
I do believe we will become victims of the "Stockholm Syndrome."

Klompen

View Image

*<decides not to be an astronaut after all>

Technically this is not accurate. Accelerating mass to the speed of light is not really possible, but if you could: time would stop completely for that person relative to everything else. Any travel at the actual speed of light would seem instantaneous to the traveler and not to the observer. Its a paradoxical problem with the notion of getting mass to the speed of light(probably never going to happen). Unless we can bypass light speed: space exploration is going to be quite dull and slow. Ideally, our species needs some way to escape quasars too. Just so many issues with it really. It would basically take more energy than all the mass/energy in the entire known universe to even accelerate one particle to such an extreme.

Klompen

It certainly seems not to, but the phenomenon of entanglement is very poorly understood. There has yet to be any actual use of it to transmit data(that we know of). Scientists are very good at entangling the particles and taking them elsewhere, but then they measure them and that makes them stop being entangled and its all like a big magic trick. Interesting, but not very useful as of yet. Quantum computers have been hyped as a revolution in computing, but have yet to lead to anything especially useful despite billions of investments in the idea. There's so much we just haven't figured out on the below-atomic level.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
using magnetic fields that permeate space a vehicle capable of producing an opposing magnetic signature would in theory be also capable of approaching speed of light...my understanding of quantum entanglement is precisely what magnetism is...and that wormholes are not holes at all, but magnetic field lines between points in space that could accelerate mass to speed of light.
the entanglement would be opposing magnetic signatures, both affected simultaneously by introducing the attraction/repulsion of a vehicle capable of utilizing said magnetic field lines.
it is not disputed that space/the cosmos has electric/magnetic permeability.
just a layman musing...

Klompen

I am guessing you're into plasma cosmology. Its an interesting line of thought, and they make some very good points, but they do have a tendency to run a bit wild sometimes too.

The idea of a "wormhole" is not a hole in space or anything like magnetic flux lines; its the fundamental collapse of relative space. That's the theory anyway; space itself bends till it breaks. We know from observational data that space most certainly does curve relative to gravity, but we don't fully understand the process(which would require unified theory)

White Beard

If it’s true and factual (“true”?), I’m not surprised...and everything will change, formally and fundamentally change about how we go about things. Commercial monopolies on alien hard-tech or bio-tech and new energy sources could be extremely dangerous.

If it’s wrong or made-up, or just bullshit...I’m not surprised...and nothing has changed. We still face stacked crises as a nation, the clock is ticking, and the sick goes on.

If this is meant to change the subject, then I’ll be suspicious (half-way there already) - and I’ll want to see real evidence and serious analysis; as always, I’ll make up my own mind. Also, see the second paragraph.

I saw a sky event, around 10yo, a light traveling in a straight line; from the sound, the apparent speed and the character of the light, suggested It was ~50,000. I was watching that light, wondering what was odd about it, when it suddenly changed direction: from its 12, to 9:30. Near as I could tell, instantaneously, no pause, just went. And when it changed direction it sped up dramatically - from about the speed of a B52 @ 50,000 feet, to the speed of a meteor. And then it was gone.

I had a career as a Navy pilot in mind, with an eye for qualifying as an astronaut, and aiming for a recommendation to Annapolis, even at that age. I was used to watching the sky. On hot summer nights, it’s what I did: lie on my back in the driveway, and just look, think, wonder. The point be is I was not a sheep looking up but an observer. Our then-current aviation tech was simply not capable of level of performance: the change in direction was impossible given the tech. The instantaneous leap in speed was impossible. Based on everything I‘ve seen so far, those things are both still impossible for us.

The hard truth is that it actually happened; stripped of any story of what or why: a thing did that.

After that, I took an interest in anything on the subject. Read everything I could get my hands on. Eventually I came to the conclusion that either no one knew anything at all, or that the lid was on and it was going to stay on until whenever. As a result, I consider all the paranoid theories and spook insanity and alien this and alien that - however scholarly or well-intended - as just clogging my pipes. Nothing worth much time. Not into “what if” fanfic. We’ll know something when we know; until then, I’ve got things to do.

Can’t wait to see what’s next

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Look up Robert Bigelow of Bigelow Aerospace.
He freely admits to meeting with Aliens and accepting high tech from them.
He also owns skinwalker ranch.

Latest posts

Latest posts