What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Dreams

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave 3 of my 4 last indoor NORTHERN DREAMS IBL buds to a couple friend of mine as a little X-Mas token.

Here is what the wife text me this morning:
The Northern Dreams sent ***** to la la land! He passed out for over 2 hours after he smoked one little joint of that.

People of icmag. I am so glad that seedbay has these now and they will be going out as "FREEBIES" and you will soon also be able to get them via the Server Fund auction. I hope to hear more feedback like that. Ha ha ha ha. ;-)

Momerath

Hey man long long time no post. Ive been without access to internet for a while. Ive got a bit to report :joint:

So I got two plants to grow from 4 seeds. They were both vigorous growers but one more so than the other. I was almost sure the larger faster grower was a male, but alas they were both females. They didnt end up getting very tall as they were so late, maybe 3 feet for the taller, more columnar type one (I called it the "green" one), and about 2 and a half feet for the bushier, considerably more purple one. Well, where I'm at it gets kinda cold and stormy earlier than most places, and we saw some rain and cold weather blow through about oct 15th. Thats when everything in my garden came down...except these gals. They were only in buckets so I could move them about. They were also only about half way through flowering at this point because I didnt get them started til the end of july (didnt get seeds til round then). They did great for having been started later than I thought possible. Grew tall and solid and have amazing potential given enough root space and started on time. They could probably get huge, and I mean like HUGE huge. Probably capable of producing several pounds per plant.
Now I gotta tell you, that purple plant was one of my favorites this year to grow. Beautiful perfect structure, and a very unique smell. Like floral hash. And did I mention it was purple?:tongue: The first bit of cold that hit it started the process. It got down to like 45 one night and the next day all the tops had turned dark purple. As it got colder more of the plant turned more purple until it was COMPLETELY purple stalk to tip. Not a speck of green on it. Anywhere. It was beautiful.
The green one was slightly less interesting. Kinda tallish and columnar with one main cola and a few side branches. Had a funky smell that was not unlike a skunk in a gym locker. Strangely unappealing actually. Overall not as interesting as the purple.
Now I've got some good news and some kinda sad news. Like I said it got colder and they remained because they had to finish. I was nervous because it gets kinda wet and REALLY cold here so I got to push the plants to their limits and see really how northern they could be:chin:
They went until the end of november. They didnt bud up quite as well as they could have, but amazed me none the less. They proved they could survive not one but many freezing nights, rains, and even a snow. Well, at least to a degree. The purple one was much more resilient than they green.
Now the sad news. Mold :violin:
The green plant contracted mold some time round mid november. By harvest time it was so severe I could not take any bud from it. I was very sad I couldnt try it as it smelled too weird not to want to smoke. However, the purple plant was a bit more resistant to the mold and for that I was quite happy. A few lower branches molded but the top branches were lovely. Dark purple, sweet smelling, and COVERED in resin, it was harvested. The buds didnt develop as fully as they could have, but it was quite nice.
After a few days it was dried and I tried it. It was hashy, sweet, and very spicy, stinging the throat a bit. Quite potent, made me choke. Didnt have the typical purple taste but something spicy, it made me kinda nostalgic, but not sure for what. The potency was there, after just a bowl I was quite stoned. More on the indica side of things but with a subtle heady twist. Good Stuff!:rasta:

Not sure how many pics I got of it, I'll look through em and try to find some. I am DEFINITELY growing it again next year. Its got potential. Res, I think you should stabilize that purple pheno. Its the bomb and looks great. Cant wait to grow the IBL next to the remaining seeds I have from the pack you sent (still got 5 plus the Purple big bud :yay:)!

So thank you Res for allowing me to test these beans, albeit the less than adequate time and space I had for them to grow in, I think I did them well. And again cant wait til next year when I can do them REAL justice. If you ever need more beans tested in the future, let me know, they'll have a loving home in my garden along side my projects :huggg:

Momerath

So has anyone got any of the beans that were sent to the bay? I'm interested to know how others are doing with these.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Momerath,

Great report. Yeah November is a little late for the Green Phenotype, but I am so happy that you tested its limits. The Green Phenotype is Very Northern Lights #2 Dom. The Green Phenotype is what was perfected and what ended up becoming NORTHERN DREAMS IBL.

Good New. I did infact isolate the Purple Gene in the Purple Phenotype. I am working on making secure beans of that. It is not called Northern Dreams. The Purple Phenotype will carry a completely different name. When finished and named I will let the community know.

I am so glad that you gave this such a great run. I have a plant for you to take deep into November next season. It is the Arizona Iced Tea. You will love it and its deep purple color.

I haven't been on here much this month and won't be on much over the next 2 weeks, but when I can get back on here more often again I will have to set you up with:

NORTHERN DREAMS IBL

Northern Dreams

Arizona Iced Tea

and

Jackson's GIFT

Thank You dearly for the grow and for such a full and detailed report.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds great Momerath, shame about the mold
looking forward to trying to pick up some NORTHERN DREAMS from the bay when i can i just hope there is still some left

Nice work reservationlabs, sounds like a good smoke i like brain twisters with an indica kick and the flavors sound great
peace and good karma bro

Momerath

sounds great Momerath, shame about the mold
looking forward to trying to pick up some NORTHERN DREAMS from the bay when i can i just hope there is still some left

Yeah it was sad but hey I had to let em go to see what they would do. I'm just happy I got to harvest the one I loved so much. That purple plant was killer, and indeed a brain twister. When res gets around to releasing that beast, I highly recommend grabbing 2 packs lol its a winner. Cant wait for those other beans to get here, I'm gonna have a reservation labs test quadrant in my garden at this rate :joint:

Is it spring yet?
<---- is anxious :tongue:

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet thanks for the tip about the purple pheno, i did read that res had narrowed down the purple pheno, cant wait for them too then but i will keep checking the bay for the Northern Dreams to run indoors
cheers

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet thanks for the tip about the purple pheno, i did read that res had narrowed down the purple pheno.

Yes I have narrowed down and isolated the Purple gene. I will be working on producing a new seed run of the Purple Phenotype which I will consider a completely different line. It will be called Day Of The Dead.

And as everyone knows, once I have produced the beans and tested them. They will go out to seedbay as "FREEBIES".

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hoping to find some in the mail today fingers crossed, i'll give em a run for sure

hey res were any sent in for auction or only freebies? i have been watching seedbay but haven't seen any go up for bid

cheers bro
stay safe
peace and good karma

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes....

Yes....

hoping to find some in the mail today fingers crossed, i'll give em a run for sure

hey res were any sent in for auction or only freebies? i have been watching seedbay but haven't seen any go up for bid

cheers bro
stay safe
peace and good karma

Yes sir, all of the gear that I sent in for "FREEBIES" was also sent again within a second package for Server Fund Auction. I am not sure if they went up yet. I just had gotten a PM saying that all of my gear went extremely fast. Before they could even post up that they had obtained it half of the strains that I sent were gone. Now it is "all" gone.

Later this year I am going to send in another package full of all of my gear once again.

Good Growing and Blessings

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet bro thanks well i hope i get lucky with my next delivery

Cant wait to see some grow logs soon then

peace brotha
shaun

Momerath

Glad to hear those beans are going fast. I'm going to be sending in some of my seeds for freebies here pretty soon. And nice name for that purple line, got something I want to cross it with already.
Anywho, I've uploaded some pictures of them. Didn't get many, but they are pretty nice none the less.

Group shot
picture.php

Purple Pheno
picture.php

Purple Pheno Budshot
picture.php

Got a few more in my Northern Dreams album
http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=13737

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank You for including these pics of the plants at a young age. Thank You you for being a Reservation Labs tester.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A lot of people obtained these as "FREEBIES" and a few people purchased them from the Server Fund Auction, so how are they doing indoors for you all?

shaunmulok

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reservationlabs gear is now on seedbay in the Server Fund Auction.

Oh what!!! spewin!! the wife was i'll and in hospital around that time, i missed these and wasn't lucky enough to get them as freebies

I hope to see more soon at the bay if they are available

Hope to see some more grows soon

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Stoner that I am, I forgot to ask for yours as freebies.

Next time I guess..

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More will be up for bid here shortly. I am just waiting for OLD PINK to do things on his end to get the account set up.