What's new

Non lethal weapons and protection

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
By the way, they sell hollowpoint ammunition in .223.

But nothing beats a 12 gauge for home defense.

(Guns and growing don't mix too well, but some of us live in areas with dozens of unsolved murders every year and high crime-rates.)

To quote my drill sergeant "I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6."

^Words to live by.

nephilthim

well nothing beat a wheel gun as you know it's always loaded and the hammer has to be cocked to fire either that or my trusty .45 which would be non lethal if I decide to blow a round off next to your eardrum.
otherwise the glove stun gunwould be nice a big fire extinguisher will suffocate any intruder and leave him on the ground gasping for air.a disposable camera with flash can be made into a stun gun.tazer (bro no please dont!)a flare gun extremely innacurate so best fired up close and personal.bean bag in shot gun,also get 00 or 000 shotgun take the shot out and repack with rock salt.snake shot rounds for handgun.cross bow or compound bow with blunt tip.paint ball gun with frozen paint balls.fireworks the unsafe fun and insane kind.yo-yo.bat.nunchaku.south african sambak stick.billyclub.shilileigh.ax handle. gaff
bull-whip.staff.tear gas.mace.bear mace.machete blunt side.

nomaad

Veteran
cool. I have the real one, I think real bullets are the way to go. If It looks like a gun than it better be, because the person your pointing it at wont know the dfference. If they have a real gun then you are dead. why leave a witness? I have this model

the point of the thread is non-lethal weapons. in california, having a firearm at a grow is a serious legal liability. we're discussing the options.

also... if you trip a silent alarm in my garden, even if you have a firearm... I own the night. Early warning, tight surveilance and night vision are more powerful than real bullets (within reason. if you were to start unloading on me with a 50 cal minigun when employed wisely. If i pop you in the face repeatedly with a pepper ball without warning, I don't care what you are carrying. You're mine... unless you've undergone the kind of training that makes you effective with a firearm after taking a concetrated dose of capsaicin in the face, combined with an impact capable of breaking your nose or taking out an eye.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
the point of the thread is non-lethal weapons. in california, having a firearm at a grow is a serious legal liability. we're discussing the options.

also... if you trip a silent alarm in my garden, even if you have a firearm... I own the night.

Agreed..... The "Law" looks quite unfavorably on Guns on a property where Ganja is being grown.

And yet, safety is of course, important.

Early warning, a knowledge of the property, awareness of the local animal life, absolute diligence, intelligence, Non-fear, and NON-hesitation are key.... I have learned well how to use a high-power Slingshot, as well.

Being at the same place for a while can be good. Living near other growers is also a help, because you will not have to worry about them..... Can even loosely look out for each other, And the odds of you 'being-the-one-hassled' on any level will decrease...

Good Luck...!!

stasis

Veteran
per Nomaad: the point of the thread is non-lethal weapons. in california, having a firearm at a grow is a serious legal liability. we're discussing the options.
also... if you trip a silent alarm in my garden, even if you have a firearm... I own the night. -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed, Bruddah..... The "Law" looks quite unfavorably on Guns on a property where Ganja is being grown. I heard this from a Sheriff himself. Note how it is always mentioned in police reports, the weaponry found at the scene.

And yet, safety is of course, important.

Early warning, a knowledge of the property, awareness of the local animal life, absolute diligence, intelligence, Non-fear, and NON-hesitation are key.... I have learned also how to use a high-power Slingshot with confidence, as well. Also, have learned how to be nice, but not too nice....lol..

Being at the same place for a long time, without incident, is good. Living near other growers who are at the same level is also a help. Because you will not have to worry about them..... Can even loosely look out for each other, And the odds of you 'being-the-one-hassled' on any level will decrease...

nomaad

Veteran
LOL. I am sick with a good slingshot. If I hit you with a 20mm marble in the dome with a full pull on a slingshot, you're leaving with the paramedics.

stasis

Veteran
hell yeah....!!! I don;t like those screaming Ravens, so I see how close I can get to them, without actually hitting them. Long-range shots.... I target-practice on the trees also, with metal shot, and it would do great damage to a noggin....! haha....

nomaad

Veteran
I used to keep an old wheelbarrow about 300 ft downrange from my house in the bushes... very satisfgying sound when marbles explode on contact with sheet metal.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran

There are some interesting things on that site that are available to consumers, they used to sell to LEO and miltary only when they first appeared on the scene. They have a flashlight/laser sighted co2 powered pepperball launcher, the "flashlauncher". The rounds are expensive, but for those worried about having a gun and a grow together, might be a good alternative.

nomaad, have you tried the pepperballs out of your m4 paintball gun?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 gauge 00 ammo FTW when it comes to home defense. I also own a Colt .45 1911, Berretta PX4, AR-15 (M4), FN Herstal FS2000 (Belgium bull pup platform their SF operators use). I'm proficient with all of them and they are all legal. Unfortunately, they have to be housed at another location because of the grow :-( I don't think 50 would like to see all that in one place. Fucking asshats. Just because I like guns and growing plants makes me public enemy #1.

I've seriously thought about looking into Tasers.

BudGood

Veteran
Gramps, look at that link above, for the pepperballs. That flashlauncher looks interesting...

BTW, I have a 12 gauge, loaded with 2 000 bucks first, then slugs and 00 buck alternating, and 4 extra shells in the stock. I'm medical, and I'm not committing a felony, so I feel justified in having a firearm for home defense, there are lots of violent home invasions in my area period, not even having anything to do with cannabis. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 8. :joint:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gramps, look at that link above, for the pepperballs. That flashlauncher looks interesting...

BTW, I have a 12 gauge, loaded with 2 000 bucks first, then slugs and 00 buck alternating, and 4 extra shells in the stock. I'm medical, and I'm not committing a felony, so I feel justified in having a firearm for home defense, there are lots of violent home invasions in my area period, not even having anything to do with cannabis. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 8. :joint:

If I was in a legal state I would def. have my weapons in house. No doubt because legal states are hot spots for thieves. But since I'm fair game down here I don't want to compound any legal issues I may run into. Hopefully I don't have to worry about this in the first place.

If you are in compliance with the state law and since the White House has just come out and officially stated "hands off" I say lock and load. Learn how to safely operate your weapon from clearing jams to cleaning. It could save your ass one day. :joint:

StellarP

ICMag Donor
An unloaded gun is still considered a lethal weapon under the law. The person on the receiving end does not know it is not loaded. Actually though, an unloaded gun is just a hammer!
I dont understand the question in that are you looking for non lethal ways to hurt an intruder, is he unarmed? Fists and a baseball bat. Armed, well I dont want to scare him.

Something to remember, dead men dont tell tales.

I say this out of truly being in this "situation". After the fact, yes i shot him, direct in the chest with a .40 cal., he jumped like a jackrabbit and ran the hell off, the culprit was telling the police a different story, and in the eyes of said police, if you are not one of them, then well, you are a criminal.:fsu:

CSI all over house, uniforms and detectives, did they find a grow? NO. Were they looking for one? NO. Cover your ass, but be able to protect it. Career burglar who RANDOMLY picked "the wrong house".

Note that in these situations when a weapon is pulled the other party does not know if it is real or not, if escalated and you are required to fire(life threatening) a paint ball is only going to piss them off. Adrenaline is an amazing drug, never discount it. Pepper spray, well lets just say when the adrenaline rushes you will be looking for chips and a cervaza.:joint:

Peace
StellarP

Harvest

yeah looks like those pepper balls are the way ima go, prolly buy a couple of the launchers to keep around the house.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
I keep seeing something along the lines of, "I don't want to kill someone who is trying to steal from me," but the thing is if someone has entered your house with you there with the intention of stealing from you, they are not nice people, and it is not unlikely that they are armed. I think you are not just protecting your valuables here, but your life.

BudGood

Veteran
Good post StellarP! On a side note, I'm really hoping to get one of your new crosses as a freebie, I requested either one of them (ST3xGrapeKrush or FirestarxGrapeKrush), they sound dank!

SpasticGramps, trust me, I can shoot this gun blindfolded, around a corner, you name it. I've practiced shooting it with one hand (thats a bitch, but easy enough with the gun against the hip), loading it with one hand, cocking it, etc. If you're gonna have a firearm, you damn well better be proficient with it. :2cents:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SpasticGramps, trust me, I can shoot this gun blindfolded, around a corner, you name it. I've practiced shooting it with one hand (thats a bitch, but easy enough with the gun against the hip), loading it with one hand, cocking it, etc. If you're gonna have a firearm, you damn well better be proficient with it. :2cents:

:yeahthats Wise words.