What's new

Non lethal weapons and protection

Harvest

So recently i've been checking into non lethal weapons and non letal ammunition, ie beanbag rounds, rock salt, and rubber bullets. So my question is, if a shotgun or hand gun loaded with non lethal rounds is it the same in the eyes of the law compared to a full metal jacket or hollow points. just checkin in to ways of keep myself, and my home safe. :) Any ideas?

ChronJohn

Why not a lethal weapon? If it's registered and you're allowed to own a gun per the 2nd amendment, why leave the safety of you, your family, and your garden in the hands of a beanbag?

Figuratively speaking of course.

M

muffynumnum

I'm not the law, but i think if you have to pull a gun, you're better off with the fire power. let the courts do what they do.

Herbasaurus

ICMag Donor
I think the law will focus on the firearm and not the ammunition. A handgun or shotgun will still have to comply with whatever laws even if shooting so-called non-lethal rounds. Consider also that rubber bullets and rock salt can still be lethal at close range as would be the case if someone was in your home.

As for "why not a lethal weapon?" there have been numerous studies that show that a firearm in the home is much more likely to end up injuring a family member than an intruder.

As far as letting the "the courts do what they do", my experience is that what courts do is screw up your life, put incredible pressures on you and your family and often bankrupt you with lawyer fees, etc.

I'm glad you are thinking non-lethal. You might consider mace or capsicum spray both which are very effective.

The best way of keeping your home safe is to be very careful of who you allow in in the first place. Homes are very seldom picked at random by bad guys. They usually know or suspect you grow or have valuables. Often they have been invited into your home as a friend or repair person or are an acquataince of the friend or repair person.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
why not just keep a fully stuffed pillow next to your bed and smack em in the head with that?

If a threat is in your home you do not simply "hurt" or "scare" it but you DESTROY AND REMOVE IT.

nomaad

Veteran
I have the RAP4 METS .43 calibre paintball marker. Magazine fed, gas in the buttstock, fires semi and full auto. Exact replica of an m4. I have clips loaded with rubber rounds and a roll with a clip of pepperballs in my back pocket when a motion alarm goes off or I'm just hanging out in the garden at night. I'll probably get a night vision scope and a laser that can only be seen in the scope for next year.

my philosophy is this: i'm not going to kill anyone over ganja, and having a firearm in the same place that you are growing is a legal liability even though its well within your constitutional rights. if somebody comes to my garden with (and shows a willingness to use) better firepower than my own, they can have it.

my rap4 kinda looks like this:

My_RAP4_1.jpg

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I have the RAP4 METS .43 calibre paintball marker. Magazine fed, gas in the buttstock, fires semi and full auto. Exact replica of an m4. I have clips loaded with rubber rounds and a roll with a clip of pepperballs in my back pocket when a motion alarm goes off or I'm just hanging out in the garden at night. I'll probably get a night vision scope and a laser that can only be seen in the scope for next year.

my philosophy is this: i'm not going to kill anyone over ganja, and having a firearm in the same place that you are growing is a legal liability even though its well within your constitutional rights. if somebody comes to my garden with (and shows a willingness to use) better firepower than my own, they can have it.

My_RAP4_1.jpg

I like that.

Harvest

my philosophy is this: i'm not going to kill anyone over ganja, and having a firearm in the same place that you are growing is a legal liability even though its well within your constitutional rights.

My_RAP4_1.jpg

ageeds, but id deff like to be able to disable and beat the shit out of em.

bluebublelove

I'm assuming you are wanting some protection for you and your crop but still want to be within the guidelines of not having firearms in the presence of a felony etc.......so with that in mind and supposing you purchase a shotgun that you have loaded with rock salt and a .9mil loaded with rubber rounds you would still be in violation of owning a lethal weapon. I'm not a lawyer and not sure of the law surrounding this issue but I would imagine that if you purchased a firearm that propels only less than lethal munitions and is not equipped to shoot anything other than say a bean bag, it could be argued in a court of law that you are only using it as a less than lethal deterrent with out ever having any premeditated use for causing death or a violent attack and that it is strictly security. maybe even having a no tresspassing sign clearly posted as well as a violators will face security measures etc to dissuade the idea that you are packing heat at the grow site.

Marshmello

how about a sidewinder airsoft gun? at 90 bb's a second and modified to go 750 fps, this thing is a monster. it will bead blast your skin right off! not lethal and legal to carry. this is as badass as it gets. trust me, great protection.

http://www.steelhawkairsoft.com/sidewinder.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HQke65BToE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lKQY_qp68

That's the BADDEST BB-Gun, EVAH!

(No way in hell my ol' lady would let me buy a $1500 bbgun tho.):joint:

bluebublelove

yah,

alternative methods of less than lethal/non lethal tactics are key....i.e. pepper spray, bear mace, baseball bat

and also prevention is key,

a functioning security system can alert you minutes before trouble can get to you actual physical location...

I worked for a guy doing odd jobs at his site and he lived in a pretty remote area, he had three chimes set up that would ding everytime somthing drove/traveresed across them, they weren't sensitive enough to detect someone walking over/passed (not sure if it was weight or motion detected) them but he also had chimes on every door and window in the building so that he would always have an audible alert to traffic. as far as I know it's still working well for him.

Megas

I just want to note if say you were holding someone in your house at gun point until the cops get there. They might shoot you still because they are idiots. This recently happened to an Arizona man the wife told the cops that the man was holding the burgler and it was under control. They went in and shot the man in the back 7 times. Long story short if you have a gun with non lethal ammo people don't know that it isn't lethal. Cops will likely treat you just like anyone else holding a weapon.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My_RAP4_1.jpg

cool. I have the real one, I think real bullets are the way to go. If It looks like a gun than it better be, because the person your pointing it at wont know the dfference. If they have a real gun then you are dead. why leave a witness? I have this model